Monte Vista Christian School
- Situated in the heart of the beautiful Monterey Bay area of California, the spacious and picturesque campus nestles in the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains.
- The campus occupies almost 100 acres of rolling lawns, ponds, playing fields, equestrian facilities and over 25 buildings. The campus provides the student with plenty of room to breathe and offers a variety of physical activities that take education beyond the classroom, making it a stimulating, enjoyable part of everyday living. The library-science center provides the atmosphere for discovery and learning with its large Academic Research Center and fully-equipped chemistry and biology laboratories.
- The administration/classroom buildings contain classrooms, offices, and associated support facilities.
- The gymnasium complex of two gymnasiums, large weight/exercise facility, pool, and spa are used for interscholastic athletics and physical education.
- Many other buildings provide the setting for the educational endeavors of Monte Vista Christian School.
- The campus has a safe country atmosphere which encourages contemplation, study and proper physical development away from the congestion and distractions of urban life.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- UC Berkeley Monte Vista Christian School has an absolutely beautiful campus that provides secure, educational setting for every student. Teachers are truly life-time mentors, praying for you before/after school. Students mature not only physically and mentally, but. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Monte Vista||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Religious Affiliation||Non-denom. / Christian||Non-denominational|
|Campus Size||106 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||1000 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1766||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||25||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||17 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:13||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||26||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Tuition international students||$43,715||$47,500|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 29 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Peter C. Gieseke|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||26||17|
|Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP English Composition, AP English Literature, AP European History, AP Japanese, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Music Theory, AP Physics C Mechanics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art: 2-D Design, AP Studio Art: 3-D design, AP Studio Art: Drawing, AP US Government, AP US History, Dual Enrollment Advanced Speech & Debate, Dual Enrollment Anatomy & Physiology, Dual Enrollment Biology, Dual Enrollment Calculas AB, Dual Enrollment Calculus BC, Dual Enrollment Chamber Choir, Dual Enrollment ENG 1A, Dual Enrollment ENG 1B, Dual Enrollment European History 4B, Dual Enrollment European History HIST4A, Dual Enrollment Health & Wellness, Dual Enrollment Macroeconomics, Dual Enrollment Microeconomics, Dual Enrollment Music Theory, Dual Enrollment Physics C Mechanics, Dual Enrollment Pre-Calculus with Trig., Dual Enrollment Spanish Language, Dual Enrollment Statistics MATH 25, Dual Enrollment US History HIST 17A & 17B, Dual Enrollment Vocal Pedagogy, Dual Enrollment Vocal Techniques, Dual Enrollment World History, Dual Enrollment Worship Arts|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||14||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||13||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Associated Student Body, California Scholarship Federation, Chinese Language & Culture Club, Equestrian Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Japanese Club, Journalism/Newspaper, National Honor Society
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Drama Club, Handbell Choir, Marching Band, Orchestra
- A college preparatory, non-denominational Christian school
- A resident and day high school with 760 students (100 boarding students)
- A day middle school with 240 students
- 80 miles (128 km) south of San Francisco
- Twenty-six (26) AP and Honors courses
- Direct college credit, through dual-enrollment program
- Diverse community
- Award winning choral groups
- Dynamic music program (orchestra and marching band)
- Lively performing and visual arts program
- Competitive athletic program (over 13 varsity sports)
- Fantastic equestrian program, including Zone 10 Champions for 6 consecutive years
- A place you will feel like family
- School accreditations: WASC, ACSI
- Submit Review for Monte Vista Christian School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 8-12| 245 students 186.1 milesP.O. Box 98, 2555 W. Highway 154
Los Olivos, CA 93441
March 19, 2018
Some cynics think single-sex education is old-fashioned. The Kiski School shows how educating boys in a single-sex school is successful.
March 14, 2018
Determining which programs are 'must haves' is an important part of choosing the right boarding school for your child.
March 08, 2018
The wide range of fine academic, athletic, and other facilities found in boarding schools underscores the determination of schools to provide the very best for their students.