Monte Vista Christian School
- Situated in the heart of the beautiful Monterey Bay area of California, the spacious and picturesque campus nestles in the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains.
- The campus occupies over 100 acres of rolling lawns, ponds, playing fields, equestrian facilities and over 25 buildings. The campus provides the student with plenty of room to breathe and offers a variety of physical activities that take education beyond the classroom, making it a stimulating, enjoyable part of everyday living.
- The administration/classroom buildings contain classrooms, offices, and associated support facilities.
- The gymnasium complex of two gymnasiums, large weight/exercise facility, pool, and spa are used for interscholastic athletics and physical education.
- Many other buildings provide the setting for the educational endeavors of Monte Vista Christian School.
- The campus has a safe country atmosphere which encourages contemplation, study and proper physical development away from the congestion and distractions of urban life.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- UC Berkeley Monte Vista Christian School has an absolutely beautiful campus that provides secure, educational setting for every student. Teachers are truly life-time mentors, praying for you before/after school. Students mature not only physically and mentally, but. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|Monte Vista||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Religious Affiliation||Non-denom. / Christian||Non-denominational|
|Campus Size||106 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||1000 students||315 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1200||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||17 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:13||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||33||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 29 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Kim Dawes|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||33||18|
|Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP English Composition, AP English Literature, AP European History, AP Japanese, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Music Theory, AP Physics C Mechanics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art: 2-D Design, AP Studio Art: 3-D design, AP Studio Art: Drawing, AP US Government, AP US History, Dual Enrollment Advanced Speech & Debate, Dual Enrollment Anatomy & Physiology, Dual Enrollment Biology, Dual Enrollment Calculas AB, Dual Enrollment Calculus BC, Dual Enrollment Chamber Choir, Dual Enrollment ENG 1A, Dual Enrollment ENG 1B, Dual Enrollment European History 4B, Dual Enrollment European History HIST4A, Dual Enrollment Health & Wellness, Dual Enrollment Macroeconomics, Dual Enrollment Microeconomics, Dual Enrollment Music Theory, Dual Enrollment Physics C Mechanics, Dual Enrollment Pre-Calculus with Trig., Dual Enrollment Spanish Language, Dual Enrollment Statistics MATH 25, Dual Enrollment US History HIST 17A & 17B, Dual Enrollment Vocal Pedagogy, Dual Enrollment Vocal Techniques, Dual Enrollment World History, Dual Enrollment Worship Arts|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||18||15|
|Sports||Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||10||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Associated Student Body, Bible Leadership, California Scholarship Federation, Chinese Language & Culture Club, Equestrian Club, Japanese Club, Journalism/Newspaper, National Honor Society
Arts and Music Programs:
Marching Band, Orchestra
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- A college preparatory, non-denominational Christian school
- A resident and day high school with 760 students (100 boarding students)
- A day middle school with 240 students
- 80 miles (128 km) south of San Francisco
- Twenty-six (26) AP and Honors courses
- Diverse community
- Award winning choral groups
- Dynamic music program
- Lively performing and visual arts program
- Competitive athletic program
- Fantastic equestrian program
- A place you will feel like family
- Monte Vista Christian School accreditations: WASC, ACSI
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Monte Vista Christian School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 8-12| 249 students 186.1 milesP.O. Box 98, 2555 W. Highway 154
Los Olivos, CA 93441
Boarding Schools in a Minute gives an overview of independent residential schools in North America.
Is boarding school right for you? Boarding schools offer a wealth of experiences in both learning and living which will do you well in later life.
We explore the reasons why you should send your child to boarding school