Oak Creek Ranch School
On Saturday, May 18, parents, family and friends gathered together beside the beautiful banks of Oak Creek to honor the 41st Graduating Class of Oak Creek Ranch School. During the ceremony, graduates shared their stories of personal transformation, expressing their thanks to OCRS and their families for helping them attain their academic and personal goals.
Thanks again to everyone who helped our graduates reach this all-important milestone! We are so proud of you all!
- Oak Creek Ranch School (OCRS) is a fully accredited, co-ed boarding school with an enrollment of approximately 90 boys and girls, ages 13-19 (Grades 7-12).
- The school was founded in 1972 by David Wick to help teens who were not succeeding in a traditional school environment.
- Under the leadership of his son, David Wick Jr., our track record of success continues, enabling generation after generation to lead productive and rewarding lives.
- As one of the top boarding schools in the country helping Undermotivated Teens, Academic Underachievers and Students with ADD ADHD, we provide individualized programs, small classes, highly experienced faculty and a structured environment that assists students in reaching their full potential.
- The campus is located on seventeen wooded acres fronting Oak Creek near the beautiful red rocks of Sedona, Arizona.
- OCRS students enjoy a variety of year-round outdoor activities in our temperate Central Arizona climate, including horseback riding, fishing, mountain biking, hiking, skate-boarding, swimming, tennis and volleyball on campus.
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Oak Creek Ranch||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||7-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||17 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||75 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||6 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
(No other fees)
|Tuition international students||$47,500||$47,425|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||David Wick, Jr.|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Nadine O'Brien|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||18||14|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Climbing, Cross Country, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Kayaking, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||9||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Video Production, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Equestrian Club, Flag Football, Hiking Club, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Softball
- For 37 years we`ve been helping Undermotivated Teens, Academic Underachievers and Students with ADD ADHD reach their full potential. As one of the top ADD ADHD boarding schools in the country, we provide individualized programs, small classes, and a highly experienced faculty. Our programs are designed to help teens achieve their academic goals while gaining valuable social and interpersonal skills. The school's Leadership and Character Development program teaches undermotivated teens the importance of being responsible, keeping commitments and treating themselves and others with respect.
- Oak Creek Ranch School is a fully accredited, co-ed boarding school with an enrollment of approximately 75 boys and girls, ages 13-19. (Grades 7-12). The school was founded in 1972 by David Wick to help teens who were not succeeding in a traditional school environment. Under the leadership of his son, David Wick Jr., our 37 year track record of success continues, enabling generation after generation to lead productive and rewarding lives.
- The campus is located on seventeen wooded acres fronting Oak Creek near the beautiful red rocks of Sedona, Arizona. Our location in the temperate climate of Central Arizona offers students a variety of year- round outdoor activities, including horseback riding, fishing, mountain biking, hiking, skate-boarding, swimming, tennis and volleyball on campus. Every week teens have the opportunity to enjoy off campus excursions to concerts, theater, shopping malls, sporting events and festivals in the nearby cities of Prescott, Sedona, Flagstaff and Phoenix. Northern Arizona offers excellent facilities for skiing, snowboarding and rock climbing. Several times a year, students participate in day and weekend trips to the Grand Canyon and other points of interest throughout the Southwest.
- Experiential education and other innovative methods are incorporated into a traditional, college preparatory curriculum.
- Ninety percent (90%) of Oak Creek graduates continue their education, enrolling in colleges and universities throughout The United States. Schools selected have included UCLA, Purdue University, Ohio State University, DePaul University, Texas Tech University, University of Nevada at Las Vegas (UNLV), Arizona State University (ASU), The Illinois Institute of Art, Brooks Institute, Northern Arizona University, University of Pacific, Marymount College and the University of Denver.
- Oak Creek Ranch School is fully accredited by the North Central Association (NCA). We follow a traditional school year calendar, with classes starting in September and ending in May. Summer school sessions are offered every year as well. Enrollments are accepted throughout the year and seniors are welcome to apply. Teenagers who have successfully completed a short-term wilderness or therapeutic school programs will also be considered for enrollment.
- Please contact David Wick, Jr., Headmaster, toll free 1-877-554-OCRS, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LD types supported: Underachievers, Under motivated, Learning Difficulties, ADD, ADHD
- School accreditations: North Central Association (NCA)
- Submit Review for Oak Creek Ranch School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 8-12, PG | 130 students 40.6 miles1000 Orme School Road, H.C. 63, Box 3040
Mayer, AZ 86333
January 16, 2018
Several things make boarding school special. The learning, the community, the sports. All these and more.
January 16, 2018
Sending your son or daughter to a progressive school sounds like a real leap of faith. It is, that is, until you look more closely at the kind of education your child will receive. Then you will understand the idealism in action which progressive schools embody.
January 16, 2018
The ideas and suggestions offered here are aimed at the small to medium-sized schools which have limited marketing resources.