Oakdale Christian Academy
- "Oakdale is a Christ-centered college preparatory boarding school for students in grades 7-12 who seek an opportunity for a quality education in an environment leading teenagers to lives of learning, service to others, and loving God.".
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Alice Lloyd College Oakdale Christian Academy is like a huge family. Each student gets a unique opportunity to see different aspects of families and the many ways we can choose to interact with others. Oakdale also has a. . .
- University of Alabama in Huntsville Oakdale offers a unique atmosphere that I had never and haven't since experienced. There is an intentional student teacher relationship that is instated when you attend. Whether it is during dinner, where you are assigned. . .
- N/A Oakdale is an interesting and solid school. I have not attended other boarding schools, yet I was home-schooled as a child and spent one year in the public school system. I found Oakdale to be. . .
- Central Christian College the Oakdale experience is one of family. Moving to a new school my junior year was a very hard and potentially isolating experience, but at Oakdale I was welcomed into a community were I was. . .
- Greenville College Oakdale's quality staff, challenging academics, Christian discipleship and work skills program each combine to make a well-rounded experience for students. The rural campus brings isolation to the school that is a positive trait --. . .
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
Oakdale Christian Academy is Listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 321 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Oakdale Christian||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||12 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||60 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||11 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||5||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Tuition international students||$26,500||$48,100|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Will Mosier-Peterson|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||5||17|
|Courses||AP Computer Science, AP English, AP History, AP Math, AP Science|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||3||15|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||5||24|
|Extracurriculars||Christian Life Groups, Outdoor Recreation, Peer Leadership, Praise & Worship Band, Recreational Games|
- The student body consists of approximately 50 students from across the U.S. and abroad representing a rich diversity in cultural, social, economic, religious, racial, and family backgrounds. The Oakdale community is enriched by faculty and staff living on campus. The small, intimate setting provides much nurturing and support.
- Oakdale is committed to being affordable for families with tuition and fees at less than half the national average for private boarding schools.
- Oakdale is nestled in the Appalachian Mountains of Eastern Kentucky. The campus is comprised of separate dorms for the boys and girls and several buildings for classrooms, offices, maintenance and dining facilities. A state of the art girls dorm is currently being built, upon completion, the boys dorm will be renovated to add more space.
- Any student graduating from Oakdale has the opportunity to be automatically accepted in Spring Arbor University or attend Alice Lloyd College tuition-free.
- Oakdale Christian Academy accreditations: SACS, ACSI, Kentucky Nonpublic School Commission, Inc.
- Submit Review for Oakdale Christian Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12 | 25 students 1352.1 miles294 Lustre Road
Lustre, MT 59225
- Grades: 7-12| 437 students 230.9 miles60 Knox Lane
Wheeling, WV 26003
We explain how to make going off to boarding school your child's idea.
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
An education consultant knows schools. Like any professional he has vast experience in and knowledge of his chosen field.