- Academic program for all children ages 6-13 including those that may have learning differences such as dyslexia, dysgraphia, ADHD, auditory processing or executive functioning difficulites or those who may be struggling in a traditional classroom setting.
- Coed, Residential or Day - Individualized programs with emphasis on reading, written language, math, study skills, and organization.
- Daily one to one session included within program. Extensive recreational program, including horseback riding. Experienced and nurturing staff.
Upcoming Events and News:
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|School Focus||Learning Disabilities / Junior Boarding School|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 1-8|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||450 acres|
|% Students of Color|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:5|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|ESL Courses Offered||No|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$4,750|
(Both boarding and day options are available.)
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
(Inclusive tuition covers all costs except a riding helmet for students interested in horseback riding. )
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Kara Presson|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||1 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Intramural Sports Only|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||6 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Fitness & Conditioning
Arts and Music Programs:
Individual Music Instruction, Recreational Snow Sports
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), Mundiamo Club, Various sports and athletic activities
- A small, co-ed, boarding and day school that enables bright children to reach their academic and personal potential through small class sizes and individualized student programs. Oakland specializes in working with children who have language-based learning differences, organizational difficulties, or those who thrive in a personalized academic setting.
- The grounds are located on our 450 acre farm of woodland and meadows. The home-like enviroment and the individualized attention given to each student combine to make a warm, caring place in which the child can blossom.
- At Oakland, students have individualized programs tailored to their special needs. Every student is assigned to a main reading teacher who oversees the specifics of the child's program.
- Every student receives at least one, daily, 1:1 instruction. Oakland offers a low student teacher ratio averaging 5:1. Small classes combined with one-to-one instruction provide the attention needed for real academic growth.
- Classes are ungraded and based instead on skill level. Students are placed in classes which they can comfortably learn.
- LD types supported: Dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, executive functioning, ADD, ADHD
- Oakland School accreditations: VAISEF
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Oakland School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 3-9| 225 students 437.4 miles94 Old Main Street, PO Box 8
Deerfield, MA 01342
- Grades: 3-12 | 21 students 471 miles28 Patey Circle
Rindge, NH 03461
- Grades: 4-9 | 65 students 490.5 miles4382 Cascade Road
Lake Placid, NY 12946
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
Here then are a dozen boarding schools which charge approximately $20,000 per year or less for tuition, room and board.
You and I have experienced all kinds of travel glitches. Discuss your child's upcoming travel plans thoroughly so that your child will be safe and in charge of her travel. The result will be peace of mind for you both.