Olney Friends School
61830 Sandy Ridge Road
Barnesville, OH 43713
Barnesville, OH 43713
Olney Friends School Photo #3 - Sustainability, environmental and outdoor education are vital to an Olney Friends School education. Students regularly engage in steam monitoring, participate in hiking and nature activities, and use our campus as a living laboratory. Antonia '18, featured above, is a member of Olney's Farm Team.
Olney Friends School Photo #4 - Each Wednesday, students take part in a dedicated three-hour art block with advanced art electives offered throughout the week. Recently, Olney has offered Murals, Digital Video, Impressionistic Art, Scaling and Scenery, Theater, Guitar, Native Art, Woodworking and Box Making courses.
- Olney Friends School is a progressive, independent college preparatory, co-educational boarding school for 40-60 students in grades 9 through 12, located Barnesville, Ohio.
- Average class size is 7 Student-to-Faculty ration is less than 3:1
- We celebrate intellectual vigor, provoke questions of conscience, and nurture skills for living in community.
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
Olney Friends School is listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 319 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Olney Friends School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Religious Affiliation||Society of Friends||Non-denominational|
|Campus Size||350 acres||106 acres|
|Enrollment||34 students||318 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1130||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||7 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:3||1:7|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Jasmin Ilovar|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||n/a||17|
|Courses||Advanced Environmental Science, Advanced Humanities, Advanced Mathematics, Advanced Spanish, Advanced Technology|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||1||15|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||13||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Spiritual Life Committee, Student Dorm Staff
Arts and Music Programs:
2-D art, 3-D art, Coffee House, Electives in theater, photography
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball, Running, Soccer, Strength/Conditioning, Volleyball, Yoga
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Olney Friends School's students come from diverse international, religious, social and economic backgrounds. Students come from 14 different states and 10 different countries.
- Course offerings include standard college preparatory courses (including Advanced classes, fine arts, and a variety of electives).
- Every graduate is accepted into at least one college. Graduates of Olney Friends School are well prepared to enter college and the world of responsibilities and choices that await them.
- Olney Friends School accreditations: ISACS accreditation; Member of NAIS, TABS, Friends Council on Education, OAIS
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Olney Friends School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 7-12| 437 students 24.2 miles60 Knox Lane
Wheeling, WV 26003
Graduates of boarding schools end up doing all sorts of things. Many of them become distinguished leaders in their chosen fields.
This cry is heard throughout the land as parents try desperately to compare one boarding school against another.
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.