Olney Friends School
61830 Sandy Ridge Road
Barnesville, OH 43713
Barnesville, OH 43713
Tel: (740) 425-3655
Olney Friends School Photo #2 - The view of top campus from Livezey Lake. Olney Friends School sits on a 350-acre USDA certified organic campus.
Olney Friends School Photo #4 - Sustainability, environmental and outdoor education are vital to an Olney Friends School education. Students regularly engage in steam monitoring, participate in hiking and nature activities, and use our campus as a living laboratory. Antonia '18, featured above, is a member of Olney's Farm Team.
- Olney Friends School is a progressive, independent college preparatory, co-educational boarding school for 40-60 students in grades 9 through 12, located Barnesville, Ohio.
- Average class size is 7 Student-to-Faculty ration is less than 3:1
- We celebrate intellectual vigor, provoke questions of conscience, and nurture skills for living in community.
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
Olney Friends School is listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 305 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Olney Friends School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Religious Affiliation||Society of Friends||Non-denominational|
|Campus Size||350 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||35 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1130||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Weekly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||7 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1||7:1|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Jasmin Ilovar|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||n/a||18|
|Courses||Advanced Environmental Science, Advanced Humanities, Advanced Mathematics, Advanced Spanish, Advanced Technology|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||4||16|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country Running, Intramural Sports Only, Soccer|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||13||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Spiritual Life Committee, Student Dorm Staff
Arts and Music Programs:
2-D art, 3-D art, Coffee House, Electives in theater, photography
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Basketball, Running, Soccer, Strength/Conditioning, Volleyball, Yoga
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Olney Friends School's students come from diverse international, religious, social and economic backgrounds. Students come from 14 different states and 10 different countries.
- Course offerings include standard college preparatory courses (including Advanced classes, fine arts, and a variety of electives).
- Every graduate is accepted into at least one college. Graduates of Olney Friends School are well prepared to enter college and the world of responsibilities and choices that await them.
- Olney Friends School accreditations: ISACS accreditation; Member of NAIS, TABS, Friends Council on Education, OAIS
- Submit Review for Olney Friends School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 7-12| 437 students 24.2 miles60 Knox Lane
Wheeling, WV 26003
Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you.
Here then are a dozen boarding schools which charge approximately $20,000 per year or less for tuition, room and board.
A boarding school is a business. Is your business on brand?