Rancho Solano Preparatory School
Rancho Solano Preparatory School prepares students to be standouts at their top choice colleges and beyond. Rancho Solano is the only school in the Phoenix area offering the IB Diploma Programme, and every year, students significantly outperform the IB average on nearly every academic measure.
Rancho Solano Preparatory School has state-of-the-art science, language and computer labs amid a pristine yet cozy learning commons, art studios and a new 25,000 square foot athletic complex. The campus buildings inspire academic excellence and help students find and develop their personal identity.
Rancho Solano Preparatory School offers students a summer exercise science program that teaches students the science behind athletic performance. The program looks at data from student performance to help prime athletes, improve safety and give students a better understanding of nutrition, wellness and injury performance.
Rancho Solano Preparatory School hosts boarding students from 7 countries, and through programs like Touchpoints, we provide our students with a global learning experience.
Rancho Solano Preparatory School is one of only three schools partnering with Arizona State University Engineering Projects in Community Service (EPICS) program, a national award-winning social entrepreneurship program in which students design, build and deploy projects that solve problems for not-for-profit organizations.
Rancho Solano Preparatory School's high achieving students are also scholar athletes, musicians and artists. For example, Miss Arizona Junior Team is a standout IB Diploma candidate and Rancho Solano Honors student.
Rancho Solano Preparatory School students thrive within an international learning community that offers a highly individualized education experience completely unique to the Arizona market.
Rancho Solano Preparatory School educates the whole child and equips young minds with the knowledge and skills they need to evaluate, compare, and make thoughtful choices so they can become informed and engaged citizens of the world.
- Rancho Solano Preparatory School is a PreK-12 independent school for high achieving students. Students of all ages thrive within a stimulating and welcoming international learning community that offers a highly individualized education experience. We cultivate in our students a passion to learn and the ingenuity to thrive in a global society.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- University Horrible Boarding School. Boarders are hardly integrated into classes of day-students. This inhibits development of their English. They are also treated very badly by the administrators. Students are not treated properly. . .
Top 10 Placements
Similar Size Schools
Listed among the top 10 schools with < 200 students (out of 95 schools) for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Test Scores High average SAT scores
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Rancho Solano||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||8-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Enrollment||100 students||300 students|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1823||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1680 - 1980||-|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Formal and informal dress days)
|Average Class Size||13 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||23||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
(*Covers tuition, room & board)
|Tuition international students||$46,000||$47,425|
(5 Day Boarding)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Scott Salk|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Kaitlyn Myzwinski|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||8||14|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||20||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Debate Club, Entrepreneurship Club, French Club, Model UN, National Honor Society, Newspaper, Pre-Med Club, Student Ambassador Program, Student Government, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Band, Choir, Dance Club, Drama Club, Photography
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Cheerleaders, Equestrian Club, Golf Club, Strength Training
|Year: 2013 - 2014||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Arizona State University||2|
|New York University||2|
|Pennsylvania State University||1|
|Rhode Island School of Design||1|
|University of California at San Diego||1|
|University of Massachusetts||1|
|University of Wisconsin||1|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Rancho Solano Preparatory School is an international learning community committed to educating, empowering and inspiring students from early childhood through 12th grade. Our teaching approach is focused on cultivating excellence in core competencies and developing critical thinking, complex problem-solving, and high-order reasoning skills. Our inspiring educators spark student achievement through interactive, discussion-based instructional techniques in small groups and individualized personal learning opportunities.
- School accreditations: National Independent Private Schools Association, AdvancED (Advancing Excellence in Education Worldwide), International Baccalaureate Programme (IB), National Independent Private School Association (NIPSA)
- Submit Review for Rancho Solano Preparatory School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 7-12, PG | 75 students 90.8 milesP.O. Box 4329
West Sedona, AZ 86340
- Grades: 8-12, PG | 130 students 61.7 miles1000 Orme School Road, H.C. 63, Box 3040
Mayer, AZ 86333
- Grades: 9-12 | 1550 students 1954.2 miles7600 Lyons Road
Coconut Creek, FL 33073
January 16, 2018
Several things make boarding school special. The learning, the community, the sports. All these and more.
January 16, 2018
Sending your son or daughter to a progressive school sounds like a real leap of faith. It is, that is, until you look more closely at the kind of education your child will receive. Then you will understand the idealism in action which progressive schools embody.
January 16, 2018
The ideas and suggestions offered here are aimed at the small to medium-sized schools which have limited marketing resources.