Rothesay Netherwood School
40 College Hill Road
Rothesay, New Brunswick E2E 5H1 n/a, Canada
Rothesay, New Brunswick E2E 5H1 n/a, Canada
The entire school eats lunch together in 'Family Style' Dining. This helps to strengthen the great sense of community on campus.
Students at Rothesay Netherwood School take part in a wide range of extra-curricular activities every day.
RNS makes great use of the beautiful 200 seat theatre. Throughout the year, students have the opportunity to be involved with many performances, musical shows, band, coffee houses and much more.
The school values both local and international community service very highly. There are many opportunities to become involved with service work throughout the year.
Rothesay Netherwood School embraces the great outdoors. Students may particpate in the many ski or snowboard options available.
Rothesay Netherwood School has an Outward Bound program. There are many different activities offered; such as hiking, camping, orienteering, survival, kayaking, dog sledding, rock climbing and much more!
The hockey programs at RNS are dedicated to the overall development and growth of our student-athletes. Students who play hockey on varsity teams are able to receive an outstanding academic experience while playing hockey at a very competitive level. The combination of these two factors along with a structured, respectful environment, promotes growth in all aspects of our students' lives.
- Rothesay Netherwood School (1877) is an independent, day and boarding school for grades 6-12.
- As an IB World School, RNS provides arts, athletic, leadership, and community service programs, integrating technology, Outward Bound adventures, and Round Square exchanges.
- With highly qualified and dedicated teachers, RNS challenges students to be active, compassionate, and lifelong learners who develop a greater appreciation for the world around them and the determination to make a difference.
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Rothesay Netherwood School|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 6-12|
|Campus Size||200 acres|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||26|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$7 million|
(Canadian Gr. 11-12 ($38,660); Gr. 6-10 ($37.940) )
(Gr. 11-12 ($23,840);Gr. 9-10 ($23,120); Gr. 6-8 ($21,670))
|Tuition international students||$57,460|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes|
|Director of Admissions||Mr. Patrick Nobbs|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||16 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Ice Hockey, Indoor Soccer, Rock Climbing, Rugby, Soccer, Squash, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||22 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Coffee House, Debate Club, Pals, Reach For The Top, Robotics Club, Service Work, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Jazz Band, Musical & Dramatic Productions
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Conditioning, Cross Country, Dog Sledding, Hiking Club, Ice Skating, Outward Bound, Rock Climbing, Sea Kayaking, Skiing, Snowboarding, Yoga
At the top of the hill, tucked away on a scenic 200-acre campus overlooking the beautiful Kennebecasis River in Rothesay, New Brunswick, is Rothesay Netherwood School (RNS) an IB World School. RNS is an independent, day and boarding school for grades 6-12. With highly qualified and dedicated teachers, we challenge students to be active, compassionate, and lifelong learners who develop a greater appreciation for the world around them.At A Glance
- Established in 1877
- Co-educational university preparatory school for day and boarding students in Grades 6 to 12
- 274 students (141 boarding students, 133 day students)
- 25% of students are from around the world
- Small class size (average16 students)
- 1 : 7 faculty to student ratio
- 80% of faculty live on the campus
- A positive, friendly, responsible school community
- Comfortable, family-like setting in a safe community
- 200-acre, scenic campus located on the beautiful Kennebecasis River
- IB World School
- Round Square and Outward Bound programs
- 99-100% graduates accepted to universities world-wide
- Qualified, engaging faculty living on campus
- Extra help and tutoring available daily
- Athletics, arts, community service, weekend programming, and fun! Academics - The academic schedule consists of a four-day rotation, with four 85-minute classes each day. Advisors meet with their advisees every day to monitor their progress, academically, athletically, and socially.Following classes, time is scheduled for sports and recreational activities, both competitive and recreational. Students participate in sports every day with the exception of Wednesday afternoons, which are devoted to music, art and drama activities.RNS graduated 56 students in the Class of 2016. Every student was accepted to further his or her studies at a post secondary institution. Nearly $280,000 was offered in scholarships to over half of the graduating class.Athletics - Healthy bodies lead to healthy minds! A vast array of athletic opportunities await students at RNS. Students are required to participate for at least one hour per day.Outdoor Education - Our 200-acre campus, set among rivers, hills and forests, is the perfect setting to enjoy many outdoor activities.Clubs & Activities - Discover something new! Developing artistic talent, helping others in the community or learning about another culture by participating in an exchange program - it can all be accomplished at RNS.
- School accreditations: Canadian Accredited Independent Schools (CAIS), International Baccalaureate (IB), National Association of Independent School (NAIS), The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS), Round Square, Conference of Independent Schools (CIS), Outward Bound Canada
- Submit Review for Rothesay Netherwood School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12 | 400 students 681.9 miles88 Bronte College Court
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5B1M9
February 07, 2018
Because paying for boarding school involves so much money, it makes sense to look at all the options available to you.
January 12, 2018
December 22, 2017
Actually, there is no secret to getting your child into boarding school. Just a lot of hard work and a heavy commitment of time.