Springdale Preparatory School
Springdale Preparatory School Photo #3 - The front entrance of Zigler Hall -- Welcome to Springdale Preparatory School!
- Led by talented educators, our students learn by engaging with real world problems along with peers from many states and countries.
- Springdale students develop the competence, confidence and drive to share their gifts to build a better world.
- Springdale Prep inspires and guides thinkers, doers, and problem solvers.
Upcoming Events and News:
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
Springdale Preparatory School is listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 332 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Springdale||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||5-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||51 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||68 students||313 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(SPS polo or Oxford shirt and khaki pants)
|Average Class Size||6 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||10||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Tuition international students||$54,500||$48,850|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$12,500||$23,500|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Johnny Graham|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||10||17|
|Courses||AP Calculus AB, AP Statistics, AP European History, AP United States History, AP Art History, AP Music Theory, AP Studio Art 3D Design|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||12||15|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||12||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Aerospace Club, Art Club, Billionaires Club, Cultural Exchanges, Dungeons & Dragons, Education through Gaming, Girls Who Code, Inner Peace Club, Robotics Team, School Appreciation Club, Student Ambassadors
Arts and Music Programs:
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
Our Mission Statement: Through inquiry and experiential learning, Springdale Preparatory School guides young people to create, think critically, cultivate global literacy, and shape purpose-filled lives.
- Springdale Preparatory School challenges each student to pursue academic and personal goals. Whether in the classrooms, art studios, residences, athletic fields, student town hall meetings, or weekend activities, SPS`s nurturing community will encourage each learner to embrace every experience as an opportunity for growth and self-awareness while learning to participate responsibly within a diverse community.
- At Springdale Prep, our student-centered, whole-child program means that students are empowered to be active learning agents rather than passive recipients of knowledge. In each setting, students collaborate with instructors as partners in learning where mutual respect abounds. Lastly, our student-centered 21st century learning program challenges instructors to be a "guide on the side" in lieu of the "sage on the stage" paradigm. We prepare students for life at the university level and beyond. We are as committed to students` social-emotional maturity as we are to their intellectual growth. Students explore their world, create solutions, and connect with others. They discover their unique gifts and feel compelled to share them to build a better world.
- Springdale Preparatory School`s partnerships with regional colleges and universities permit students to earn college credit or audit college courses to taste on-site college preparation. Our Life Planning curriculum guides students to envision possible transitions to adulthood and strategically prepare for success beyond receipt of their college degrees. Additionally, Springdale Prep`s culture of mindfulness encourages students to take ownership of their daily challenges in a healthy manner.
- SPS promotes ethical living standards and collaborates with families to cultivate confident, responsible global citizens. Positive promotion of democratic ideals define community living; however, adolescents don`t yet have fully developed frontal lobes. As a result, they may make poor choices. Our conduct code affirms the belief that students, like all human beings, are works of wonder in progress rather than completed entities. Teachers and administrators are coaches, counselors, house parents, advisors, advocates, cheerleaders, and your child's extended family.
- LD types supported: All
- Springdale Preparatory School accreditations: Middle States Association (in progress)
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Springdale Preparatory School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12 | 275 students 306.3 miles66 School Street
Granby, MA 01033
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 40 students 2287.8 miles345 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071
- Grades: 6-12 | 160 students 553.1 miles1701 Brandon Hall Drive
Atlanta, GA 30350
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
Here then are a dozen boarding schools which charge approximately $20,000 per year or less for tuition, room and board.
You and I have experienced all kinds of travel glitches. Discuss your child's upcoming travel plans thoroughly so that your child will be safe and in charge of her travel. The result will be peace of mind for you both.