Howe Military Academy - Review #3
About the Author:
|College Enrolled||US Navy|
|Home Town, State (Country)||Sylvania, OH|
|Years Attended Boarding School||3|
|Activities During Boarding School||I was team captain for volleyball, basketball and tennis my senior year. I was also Battalion Commander my senior year.|
1.) What do you think makes your school unique relative to other boarding schools?
I liked the fact that we had a lot of one on one with teachers. And academics played a huge role in that aspect, my grades flew because I had a teacher focus more time on me.
2.) What was the best thing that happened to you in boarding school?
Being at Howe made me mature, grow up, and become a better person. The structure, and the teachers and other personal really made me change my whole life around. Being promoted to battalion commander my senior year showed me that I was trusted and that my hard work payed off!
3.) What might you have done differently during your boarding school experience?
I wish that I would taken the tools everyone had provided to me at first and actually used them instead of trying to hate my first couple months and trying to make my life hell. I advice everyone to take in the opportunities given to them and use them to their own advantage! Take Howe as a second chance for life and use it for the better!
4.) What did you like most about your school?
I like the small environment that we had, we grew closer, we became a family, and we will always have each other's backs through life!
5.) Do you have any final words of wisdom for visiting or incoming students to your school?
I think everyone should go check out ALPHA because that is where I lived, and check out our ribbon stacks from years before! Also check out the canteen because it was remodeled!
1.) Describe the extracurriculars offered at your school - what did you like most about it?
I liked that we had a few organizations that helped us get out of school and get active around the community such as going to the elderly homes, feeding the homeless, and other organizations.
1.) Describe the dorm life in your school - what did you like most about it?
I like that I was able to have my own room, so I could get away from everyone for a little bit and relax on my own. At the same time it was nice living with my girls because it felt like a huge slumber party! And I could always walk to someone else room and get help with homework.
1.) Describe the school's town and surrounding area.
I liked that it was a small town, so we were closer with the community. And the community was always reaching out and helping us out and supporting our organizations and outside activities.
2.) Describe the social life at your school - what did you like most about it?
Everyone at the school became like family to me. Because we live with each other everyday, everyone becomes very close very quickly!
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Ivy Tech Howe military really brought me out of my shell, and showed me how to be a leader. I also got more individual help on all my school work, if I had any questions. Howe put. . .
- Purdue University One unique aspect of Howe was that incorporated the military into every aspect of the day. From uniforms to the schedule it showed you how being in the military was really like and I don't. . .
- US Navy I liked the fact that we had a lot of one on one with teachers. And academics played a huge role in that aspect, my grades flew because I had a teacher focus more time. . .
- Benedictine University The class sizes allow for educators to cater to the needs of each student. Taking time to clarify a subject to a student that may not have a grasp on the material yet is not. . .
- Adrian College I wouldn't of graduated if it wasn't for Howe. I wouldn't of landed and retired from the medical field if it wasn't for Howe. I wouldn't of gotten a quality education if it wasn't for. . .
March 19, 2018
Some cynics think single-sex education is old-fashioned. The Kiski School shows how educating boys in a single-sex school is successful.
March 14, 2018
Determining which programs are 'must haves' is an important part of choosing the right boarding school for your child.
March 08, 2018
The wide range of fine academic, athletic, and other facilities found in boarding schools underscores the determination of schools to provide the very best for their students.