Sunshine Bible Academy
Sunshine Bible Academy Photo #2 - The Timothy Seaman Memorial Chapel is home to weekly chapel services as well as hosting special events and speakers throughout the year.
Sunshine Bible Academy Photo #3 - The new boys dormitory is the newest addition to the SBA campus as phase one of stage two of a four stage campus renewal program which will also include new multi-purpose facility, new dorms, new dining facilities, and a new academic building. The new boys' dorm will open in the Fall of 2018.
Sunshine Bible Academy Photo #4 - The Crusaders compete in Cross Country, Football, Basketball, and Track.All extra curricular activities compete as part of the South Dakota High School Activities Association where they compete against both public and private schools.
Sunshine Bible Academy Photo #5 - The Lady Crusaders compete in Cross Country, Volleyball, Basketball, and Track. All extra curricular activities compete as part of the South Dakota High School Activities Association where they compete against both public and private
Sunshine Bible Academy Photo #6 - In addition to athletics students participate and compete in music, drama, and art as part of our Fine Arts Department.
Sunshine Bible Academy Photo #7 - SBA offers a diverse and challenging curriculum designed to prepare our students for all of life.
Sunshine Bible Academy Photo #8 - In our agriculture, FFA, and Industrial Arts programs students get practical, hands on instruction in valuable areas like agriculture, automotive, carpentry, welding, and more. A leadership course is also available as part of the program.
Sunshine Bible Academy Photo #9 - Through our Servant Days program our students engage in service to others and their communities by completing various service projects across the state. Students also serve their school community by completing campus "chores" in our Gratis program.
- Sunshine Bible Academy is a non-denominational Christian school located in the heart of South Dakota.
- Sunshine Bible Academy exists to assist parents with their responsibility to raise their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord by integrating God's truth in all areas of life.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Sunshine Bible||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||7-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||K-12||9-12|
|Religious Affiliation||Non-denom. / Christian||Non-denominational|
|Campus Size||45 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||100 students||310 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||23||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Modest casual attire for classroom settings.)
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||8||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
(Additional fees may be required)
(Additional fees may be required)
|Tuition international students||$15,510||$52,900|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
(Need based aid, Ministerial & multi-child discount)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Joie VanHolstyn|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||8||18|
|Courses||College Algebra (Dual Enrollment), Contemporary Cultures and World View (Dual Enrollment), Current World Problems (Dual Enrollment), Philosophy (Dual Enrollment), Psychology (Dual Enrollment), US Government (Dual Enrollment), US History I (Dual Enrollment), US History II (Dual Enrollment)|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||6||15|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Track and Field, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||14||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Academic, FFA, Robotics, Science, Student, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Band, Choir, Drama Club, Oral, Private, Speech
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Sunshine Bible Academy exists to assist parents with their responsibility to raise their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord by integrating God's truth in all areas of life.
- Sunshine Bible Academy provides a K-12 Christian educational system that includes a local day-school elementary education program and a residential secondary education program.
- Historically developed in a rural setting, Sunshine Bible Academy continues to serve families from ranches and farms as well as families from urban areas as well as several foreign countries.
- The residential component allows Sunshine Bible Academy to be a ministry to families by providing a Christ centered, accredited education for families who desire to attend an excellent Christian school in a strong evangelical non-denominational environment.
- Students attending Sunshine Bible Academy are provided an accredited academic program in an atmosphere conducive to their spiritual, social, and physical development according to a Biblical philosophy of life.
- All SBA students participate in our Gratis program. Gratis (from the Latin for free) is a daily work program that helps instill in our students the value of hard work, responsibility, and a sense of ownership in the school. Our Gratis program is just one of many tools used to make attending SBA as affordable as possible and is one reason the cost of attending SBA is one of the lowest in the nation for a boarding school education.
- Association Free Lutheran Bible School
- Bethel University
- Black Hills State University
- Calvin College
- Dakota State University
- Dakota Wesleyan University
- Dordt College
- George Washington University
- Grace University
- Lake Area Technical Institute
- Liberty University
- Mitchell Technical Institute
- Moody Bible Institute
- North Dakota State University
- Northwestern College (Iowa)
- Rhema Bible College
- Sheridan College
- South Dakota State University
- Twin Lakes Community College
- University of Maryland, College Park
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- University of Northwestern
- University of Sioux Falls
- University of South Dakota
- Western Dakota Tech Financial Aid available.Discounts available for multiple children and families with parents in full time ministry.Lean more here.
- Sunshine Bible Academy accreditations: ACSI Member, State of South Dakota Division of Elementary and Secondary Education
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Sunshine Bible Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12 | 25 students 434.8 miles4 Lustre High Circle
Lustre, MT 59225
- Grades: 6-12 | 50 students 285.9 miles315 South Grove Avenue
Owatonna, MN 55060
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 50 students 539.1 milesW10085 Pike Plains Road
Dunbar, WI 54119
(715) 324-6900539.19-12, PG50
Your graduates can do everything on their smartphones with one click. An alumni relations app will allow them to click a gift to their alma mater. More here.
Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you.
Financing a boarding school education can be very confusing for many parents. Here are some strategies to help you understand your options.