- 1 You can make edits to your school's profile by updating the fields below.
- 2 .Press "Update School Data" at the bottom of the page to submit changes.
- 3 .For all fields, please inputwhole numbers only, sentence must be more than 10 words.
- 4 . Do notinput any commas, decimals, or dashes (please round decimals).
- 5 .If no data is available, simply leave the field blankFields left empty will not be shown or will output as "n/a" on your profile.
- 6 .Press "Update Data" within 15 min of opening this page to avoid a timed-out connection.
- 7. Click on the header tabs below to update different sections of your profile.
- 8 .Do notinput any commasDo notinput any commas 9 . test testing
Upcoming Events and News:
Top 20 Placements
testing123 is listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 332 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|testing123||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||1-7||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||1-10||Pre-K-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||25 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||120 students||313 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1300||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||15||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Weekly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants test)
|Average Class Size||10 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:15||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||7||17|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||3||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$107|
(1237 notes available)
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Endowment Size||$10.50 million|
|Tuition international students||$10||$48,850|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$15|
(Display financial notes.)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||15%||-|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||7||17|
|Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Language and Culture, AP Statistics|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||9||15|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Badminton, Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Boxing, Cricket, Football|
|Year: 2000 - 2005||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- test test test
- LD types supported: abd, cdf
- testing123 accreditations: 123
- Notes about SAT scores:
- There is a growing trend to report SAT scores as a range of the middle 50% as opposed to a single score. The College Board recommends this and reputable organizations like US News and World Report, and The Fiske Guide to the Colleges, also believe the middle 50% is the best way to report scores. In speaking about single SAT scores, Fiske says, "such figures, however, are easily misinterpreted as thresholds rather than averages....To avoid such confusion, we report the range of scores of the middle half of the class".
- For the Class of 2003, the Middle 50% excluding international students for whom English is a second Language: verbal 540-690; math 540-700. For example, if your math score was under 540, you would have been in the bottom quarter of the class. If your Math score was above 700, you would have been in the top quarter of the class. Westtown has 60 International students and when they are included the Math, midrange score is 540-700; this is the exact range as the entire Upper School. However, English is the second or third language for many International students and the middle 50% of all students verbals scores is 510-690 at Westtown including International students.
- It is important to note that SAT scores MAY be an indication of the academic preparedness or intellectual level of the company you will keep, but SAT scores are highly correlated with family income and family educational level, so even this can be misleading. Furthermore, SAT scores should never be used by a family as an expectation of what score they can expect their child to receive if they go to a particular institution. The SAT correlates very closely with the SSAT: Students who have high SSAT scores invariably have high SAT scores and vice versa. As much as schools with high SAT scores may like to take credit for these scores we know that they more accurately reflect the testing ability of the student prior to being admitted to our school.
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- test1 - description1
- test2 - description
- test3 - description
- test4 - testing.......
- test5 - description4
- test6 - description6
- test7 - description7
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for testing123
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12, PG | 157 students 41.5 miles541 Long Beach Road
Saint James, NY 11780
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
Here then are a dozen boarding schools which charge approximately $20,000 per year or less for tuition, room and board.
You and I have experienced all kinds of travel glitches. Discuss your child's upcoming travel plans thoroughly so that your child will be safe and in charge of her travel. The result will be peace of mind for you both.