112 West Delaware Avenue
Pennington, NJ 08534
Pennington, NJ 08534
- The Pennington School is an independent coeducational school for students in grades 6 through 12, in both day and boarding programs, with a current enrollment of 510 students.
- The curriculum is college preparatory, with an emphasis on fostering the development of the whole student through academics, athletics, community service, and the creative and performing arts.
- Within the curriculum there are also small programs for international students and for students with learning differences.
- Founded in 1838, Pennington values both tradition and innovation, applying the values gleaned from centuries of learning, along with the most up-to-date knowledge to a rapidly changing world.
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|The Pennington||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||8-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||6-12||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Religious Affiliation||United Methodist||Non-denominational|
|Campus Size||54 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||510 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||1700||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1470 - 1890||-|
|Average ACT score||27||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal||Casual|
|Average Class Size||13 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||20||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$36 million||$16 million|
|Tuition international students||$55,450||$47,000|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$23,000||$21,582|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Sharon Jarboe|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Jenny Chase / Lynn Zahn|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||16||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Water Polo, Winter Track|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||42||23|
|Extracurriculars||All Students in Action Now, Blues Pop Rock Ensemble, Bowling Club, Campus Guides, Chamber, Chess Club, Community Service Club, Dramatic Society, Environment Club, Fall Play, Female Vocal Ensemble, French Club, Gay Straight Alliance (GSA), German Club, Hip Hop Club, History Club, Jazz Club, Junior Proctors, Literary magazine, Math Club, Mock Trial, Model United Nations, National Honor Society, Newspaper, Orchestra,|
|Year: 2009 - 2013||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Hobart and William Smith Colleges||10|
|New York University||7|
|Carnegie Mellon University||6|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- The Pennington School is an independent, coeducational school serving day and boarding students in grades 6 through 12. The Pennington School offers a college preparatory curriculum with honors and AP classes, an ESL program for international students, and the Center for Learning.
- Members of The Pennington School community believe: - Every individual has inherent value. - Each individual has unique potential that can be developed. - Diversity enriches a community. - All life experiences are opportunities to learn. - Learning is an ongoing process. - All people are responsible for and to one another. - Character development is integral to responsible citizenship. - All people should treat each other and each other's religious traditions with respect.
- The Pennington School seeks to enroll students of good character and demonstrated citizenship who enjoy being part of a community that welcomes and encourages the participation of each of its members. Students should have strong academic ability and should be seeking to build a record of personal achievements appropriate for college admission.
- LD types supported: Language-based learning differences .
- School accreditations: Middle States, TABS, NAIS, NJAIS
Submit Review for The Pennington School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 9-12, PG| 635 students 5.8 miles176 Edgerstoune Road
6-12, PG (day)
Princeton, NJ 08540
6-12, PG (day)
June 19, 2017
There are many reasons to go to boarding school. The academics, the athletics and the extracurricular activities are just a few considerations. Here are the 10 top reasons why you should go to boarding school.
June 03, 2017
Is boarding school right for you? Boarding schools offer a wealth of experiences in both learning and living which will do you well in later life.
June 03, 2017
Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you.