TMI Episcopal Photo #2 - TMI`s boarding program attracts students from around the globe, bringing a unique sense of culture and community that enriches the lives of all students at TMI. Approximately 60 boarders create a positive impact by sharing and learning with their fellow classmates through intercultural celebrations, religious diversity, and student clubs. TMI`s dedicated residential life faculty and staff create a home away
TMI Episcopal Photo #3 - TMI`s Commitment to Compassion, a core value esteemed at TMI, helps guide students to serve others through acts of charity,mentoring, and ecological stewardship.
TMI Episcopal Photo #4 - The Athletic Department teaches values such as teamwork, sportsmanship, and perseverance, while providing a valuable physical fitness component.
TMI Episcopal Photo #5 - The campus houses a state-of-the-art weight room; eight-lane, all-weather track; fitness center; studio for dance and cheer; two gymnasiums and an indoor swimming pool.
TMI Episcopal Photo #6 - TMI is an academic community where scholarship is paramount.College Prep, Honors, and college-level Advanced Placement courses challenge TMI scholars to discover the scope of their abilities.
TMI Episcopal Photo #7 - Spirituality and character development are at the heart ofwhat we do. Daily chapel is a time of prayer, song, scripture, and meditation on our own spiritual journey. Our Religious Studies program engages students intellectually in Christian scripture, world religions, and philosophy.
TMI Episcopal Photo #8 - TMI introduces multiple artistic avenues to students while helping to refine individual talent through creative expression. TMI`s award-winning and talented facultyencourage students to explore their creative potential through several different disciplines: visual arts, music, theater, and digital photography/videography/graphic design.
- Founded in 1893 by Bishop James "Steptoe" Johnston, TMI Episcopal is the oldest Episcopal college preparatory school in the Southwest.
- TMI is co-educational with more than 460 students in grades 6-12.
- TMI offers a Residential Life program with up to 50 students each year and is open to students in grades 8-12; 5-day and 7-day boarding options.
- TMI students enjoy 100 percent college placement. In addition to challenging academics, students can participate in a variety of competitive sports, academically-related and hobby- or skill-related clubs, and the theater and music programs.
- All students study a college preparatory curriculum. Honors and Advanced Placement courses available.
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|TMI Episcopal||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||82 acres||106 acres|
|Enrollment||465 students||313 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal||Casual|
|Average Class Size||16 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:9||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||20||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Tuition international students||$49,240||$48,850|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Aaron Hawkins|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Alanna Nichols|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||13||15|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Year: 2009 - 2010||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|US Air Force Academy||1|
TMI educates students in grades 6-12
Co-educational Day and Boarding School
College Preparatory Curriculum
- Daily Chapel
- 5-Day and 7-Day Residential Life Program
- Fine Arts Program
- College Counselor
- Advisory program for all students
- TMI Episcopal accreditations: TMI is fully accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Southwest (ISAS) and the Southwestern Association of Episcopal Schools (SAES). The school is a member of the National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES), as well as The Association of Boarding School (TABS).
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- General Douglas MacArthur - 1897
- Julian Onderdonk - 1900 Father of Texas Painting
- Frank A. Juhan - 1906 Bishop/Football Hall of Fame
- Rafaelo Diaz - 1912 Metropolitan Opera Star
- Edgar Tobin - 1914 World War I Ace
- Ross Youngs - 1916 Baseball Hall of Fame
- Tom C. Forst, Jr. - 1946 Frost Bank Chairman
- Dan Blocker - 1946 TV Star(Bonanza)
- Lewis Sorley III - 1951 Pulitzer Prize Nominee
- Lamar Smith - 1965 US Congressman
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for TMI Episcopal
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12| 260 students 41.1 miles2801 Ranch Road 12
San Marcos, TX 78666
- Grades: 8-12, PG| 680 students 260.4 miles1051 N Houston
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Bullard, TX 75757
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
- Grades: 8-12| 1090 students 249.1 miles11600 Welch Road
Dallas, TX 75229
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.
Private school mottoes speak to the high-minded purposes for which most schools were founded.
If you are just beginning to explore boarding schools, this article will give you an overview of the subject. We also point out a couple of things to watch for as you begin your exploration.