TMI Episcopal Photo #2 - TMI`s boarding program attracts students from around the globe, bringing a unique sense of culture and community that enriches the lives of all students at TMI. Approximately 60 boarders create a positive impact by sharing and learning with their fellow classmates through intercultural celebrations, religious diversity, and student clubs. TMI`s dedicated residential life faculty and staff create a home away
TMI Episcopal Photo #3 - TMI`s Commitment to Compassion, a core value esteemed at TMI, helps guide students to serve others through acts of charity,mentoring, and ecological stewardship.
TMI Episcopal Photo #4 - The Athletic Department teaches values such as teamwork, sportsmanship, and perseverance, while providing a valuable physical fitness component.
TMI Episcopal Photo #5 - The campus houses a state-of-the-art weight room; eight-lane, all-weather track; fitness center; studio for dance and cheer; two gymnasiums and an indoor swimming pool.
TMI Episcopal Photo #6 - TMI is an academic community where scholarship is paramount.College Prep, Honors, and college-level Advanced Placement courses challenge TMI scholars to discover the scope of their abilities.
TMI Episcopal Photo #7 - Spirituality and character development are at the heart ofwhat we do. Daily chapel is a time of prayer, song, scripture, and meditation on our own spiritual journey. Our Religious Studies program engages students intellectually in Christian scripture, world religions, and philosophy.
TMI Episcopal Photo #8 - TMI introduces multiple artistic avenues to students while helping to refine individual talent through creative expression. TMI`s award-winning and talented facultyencourage students to explore their creative potential through several different disciplines: visual arts, music, theater, and digital photography/videography/graphic design.
- Founded in 1893 by Bishop James "Steptoe" Johnston, TMI Episcopal is the oldest Episcopal college preparatory school in the Southwest.
- TMI is co-educational with more than 460 students in grades 6-12.
- TMI offers a Residential Life program with up to 50 students each year and is open to students in grades 8-12; 5-day and 7-day boarding options.
- TMI students enjoy 100 percent college placement. In addition to challenging academics, students can participate in a variety of competitive sports, academically-related and hobby- or skill-related clubs, and the theater and music programs.
- All students study a college preparatory curriculum. Honors and Advanced Placement courses available.
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|TMI Episcopal||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||82 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||465 students||310 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal||Casual|
|Average Class Size||16 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:9||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||20||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Tuition international students||$49,240||$48,850|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Aaron Hawkins|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Alanna Nichols|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||13||15|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Year: 2009 - 2010||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|US Air Force Academy||1|
TMI educates students in grades 6-12
Co-educational Day and Boarding School
College Preparatory Curriculum
- Daily Chapel
- 5-Day and 7-Day Residential Life Program
- Fine Arts Program
- College Counselor
- Advisory program for all students
- TMI Episcopal accreditations: TMI is fully accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Southwest (ISAS) and the Southwestern Association of Episcopal Schools (SAES). The school is a member of the National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES), as well as The Association of Boarding School (TABS).
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- General Douglas MacArthur - 1897
- Julian Onderdonk - 1900 Father of Texas Painting
- Frank A. Juhan - 1906 Bishop/Football Hall of Fame
- Rafaelo Diaz - 1912 Metropolitan Opera Star
- Edgar Tobin - 1914 World War I Ace
- Ross Youngs - 1916 Baseball Hall of Fame
- Tom C. Forst, Jr. - 1946 Frost Bank Chairman
- Dan Blocker - 1946 TV Star(Bonanza)
- Lewis Sorley III - 1951 Pulitzer Prize Nominee
- Lamar Smith - 1965 US Congressman
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for TMI Episcopal
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12| 260 students 41.1 miles2801 Ranch Road 12
San Marcos, TX 78666
- Grades: 8-12, PG| 680 students 260.4 miles1051 N Houston
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Bullard, TX 75757
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
- Grades: 8-12| 1090 students 249.1 miles11600 Welch Road
Dallas, TX 75229
No shortcuts exist to filling the seats in your private school. It requires savvy, effective marketing. More here.
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
What makes some schools really better than others? What makes them the best schools?