Villanova Preparatory School
Villanova Preparatory School Photo #2 - Villanova is on a 130-acre campus located in Ojai, California approximately 60 minutes north from Los Angeles and 45 minutes south from Santa Barbara.
Villanova Preparatory School Photo #3 - Villanova recognizes, first and foremost, the potential in every student and seeks to provide an environment that nurtures this potential.
Villanova Preparatory School Photo #4 - Villanova offers 15 varsity sports and over 20 clubs and student organizations that offer leadership opportunities. Associated Student Body (ASB) helps plan several activities such as dances, pep rallies, movie nights, themed-events and more.
Villanova Preparatory School Photo #5 - A global presence helps students come to the realization that while all our backgrounds differ, our goals are vividly alike.
- Villanova Preparatory School was founded in 1924 as a Catholic school in the Augustinian tradition and is the only boarding school in California to offer the IB Diploma Programme.
- At Villanova, all educational and extra-curricular activities emphasize the Augustinian values of unity, truth, and love.
- Through a balanced program of academic courses, athletics, community service, art and extra-curricular activities, Villanova channels students' curiosity, enthusiasm, and energy so they can reach the full potential of their abilities and interests.
- Villanova provides an outstanding community-based education for its students with a student-teacher ratio of 10:1 and an average class size of 15.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Claremont McKenna College No other boarding school is a Catholic(Augustinian), Day and dorm school that offers the international baccalaureate program. You can make friends from nearby and also from around the world. It is great to have a. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Villanova||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||130 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||220 students||310 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1230||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1140 - 1320||-|
|Average ACT score||25||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
|Average Class Size||15 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:10||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||14||18|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||16||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$12 million||$22 million|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Tyler Hart|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Vincent Girardi|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||14||18|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||13||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Surf Team, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||28||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Anime Club, ASB, Asian Cultural Association, Astronomy Club, C.E.R.T (Community Emergency Response Team), California Scholarship Federation (CSF), Campus Ministry, Clare Booth Luce, Computer Science Club, Crayon Club, Creative Writing Club, Environmental Club, Filipino Community Club, Garden Club, Happy Vegan, Hogar Infantil, Interact Club, JR. Statesmen of America, Latino Community Club, League of Assistance, Mock Trial, Project AFRICA, Remote Control Aviation Club, Science Studio
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Jazz Dance Club, Music Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
|Year: 2011 - 2012||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign||10|
|University of Washington||8|
|University of California, Irvine||7|
|University of California, Los Angeles||7|
|California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo||5|
|New York University||3|
|Santa Clara University||3|
|University of California, Davis||3|
|University of California, San Diego||3|
|University of Southern California||3|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- College Preparatory Curriculum
- 100% college placement
- 25 Advanced Courses (AP, IB, and Honors)
- Day and Boarding school with 65% day and 35% resident students
- Villanova Preparatory School accreditations: WCEA, WASC, TABS, WBSA
- Submit Review for Villanova Preparatory School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12| 249 students 49.8 milesP.O. Box 98, 2555 W. Highway 154
Los Olivos, CA 93441
Several things make boarding school special. The learning, the community, the sports. All these and more.
A private school in its infancy is quite different from the mature community it becomes over time. I wonder what the founders of these five schools would think about them today. I bet they would be very proud of their creations.
Sending our children off to boarding school in the fall of 2020 raises questions about their safety and other corona virus issues. We address some of your concerns here.