Villanova Preparatory School
Villanova Preparatory School Photo #2 - Villanova is on a 130-acre campus located in Ojai, California approximately 60 minutes north from Los Angeles and 45 minutes south from Santa Barbara.
Villanova Preparatory School Photo #3 - Villanova recognizes, first and foremost, the potential in every student and seeks to provide an environment that nurtures this potential.
Villanova Preparatory School Photo #4 - Villanova offers 15 varsity sports and over 20 clubs and student organizations that offer leadership opportunities. Associated Student Body (ASB) helps plan several activities such as dances, pep rallies, movie nights, themed-events and more.
Villanova Preparatory School Photo #5 - A global presence helps students come to the realization that while all our backgrounds differ, our goals are vividly alike.
- Villanova Preparatory School was founded in 1924 as a Catholic school in the Augustinian tradition and is the only boarding school in California to offer the IB Diploma Programme.
- At Villanova, all educational and extra-curricular activities emphasize the Augustinian values of unity, truth, and love.
- Through a balanced program of academic courses, athletics, community service, art and extra-curricular activities, Villanova channels students' curiosity, enthusiasm, and energy so they can reach the full potential of their abilities and interests.
- Villanova provides an outstanding community-based education for its students with a student-teacher ratio of 10:1 and an average class size of 16.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Claremont McKenna College No other boarding school is a Catholic(Augustinian), Day and dorm school that offers the international baccalaureate program. You can make friends from nearby and also from around the world. It is great to have a. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Villanova||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||130 acres||106 acres|
|Enrollment||260 students||313 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1228||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1080 - 1360||-|
|Average ACT score||25||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
|Average Class Size||16 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:10||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||14||17|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||16||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$12 million||$19 million|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Tyler Hart|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Valeria De Luna|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||14||17|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||13||15|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Surf Team, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||11||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
ASB, California, Campus, Chess Club, Chinese Language & Culture Club, Interact Club, Latin, Mock, National, Student
Arts and Music Programs:
|Year: 2011 - 2012||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign||10|
|University of Washington||8|
|University of California, Irvine||7|
|University of California, Los Angeles||7|
|California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo||5|
|New York University||3|
|Santa Clara University||3|
|University of California, Davis||3|
|University of California, San Diego||3|
|University of Southern California||3|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- College Preparatory Curriculum
- 100% college placement
- 25 Advanced Courses (AP, IB, and Honors)
- Day and Boarding school with 65% day and 35% resident students
- Villanova Preparatory School accreditations: WCEA, WASC, TABS, WBSA
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Villanova Preparatory School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 8-12| 249 students 49.8 milesP.O. Box 98, 2555 W. Highway 154
Los Olivos, CA 93441
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.
Private school mottoes speak to the high-minded purposes for which most schools were founded.
If you are just beginning to explore boarding schools, this article will give you an overview of the subject. We also point out a couple of things to watch for as you begin your exploration.