Whittle School & Studios
3400 International Dr NW
Washington, DC 20008
Washington, DC 20008
Tel: (202) 417-3615
Whittle School & Studios is the first school for the Innovation Age.
We offer a global education across a network of modern, thoughtfully designed campuses around the world; a carefully developed progressive curriculum rooted in interdisciplinary and experiential learning; and an unequaled advising system to provide a personalized education.
Our internationally renowned leadership team and supportive educators create a culture that values risk-taking, creativity and rigorous scholarship.
Our graduates are ready to lead in the challenging world of their future.
Each student shines in at least one purposeful, passionate pursuit; masters at least one other language; and studies in other cultures while remaining deeply connected to his or her homeland.
- Whittle GO!: How One School Launched an Online Program - 07/10/2020 - Now more than ever do we need dialogue between cultures that deepens our understanding of each other. The Whittle GO program brings together bright students and high-caliber subject experts from ...morearound the world to solve challenges, together. hide
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Whittle School &||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||8-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||13 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||184 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||81:1||7:1|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$295|
(StudioSummer@Home will open its virtual doors on Monday, June 22 and will run for 8 weekly sessions through Friday, August 14, 2020. Since all programs are week-long, families can register for a single week, multiple consecutive weeks or various non-sequential weeks throughout the summer term)
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
(5 Day Boarding)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Matt Drake |
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||8||16|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Fencing, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track, Track and Field|
- In fall 2019, our first two campuses opened in Shenzhen, China, and Washington, D.C. We expect to have a system of 30-plus schools in the world`s leading cities over the years to come. Designed by renowned architect Renzo Piano, our campuses are inspiring environments where students can pursue their passions and achieve their highest potential. Flexible workspaces, theaters, on-campus accelerators, private music rooms, advanced sports facilities, and robotics and coding labs will ensure that education extends beyond classroom walls.
- Each campus includes residential dormitories for boarding students, as well as for those studying abroad from other Whittle campuses. Each Whittle campus will serve approximately 2,500 students ages three to 18, with about 150 students per grade.
- OUR WASHINGTON, D.C. CAMPUS: The interior of an existing 20th-century building, surrounded by 13.7 wooded acres and located in North Cleveland Park, is being transformed by Renzo Piano Building Workshop (RPBW) into a dynamic learning environment. A bright public entry offers sweeping views into three of the school's performance spaces. One of the building's most striking features, five soaring glass-enclosed courtyards, will be transformed into vibrantstudent commons.
- OUR SHENZHEN CAMPUS: Located in China's Silicon Valley, our first campus in Asia brings to life the architects' prototypical design for a Whittle campus. The glass-walled, eight-story building is situated in the heart of the vibrant, rapidly growing Qianhai district. The campus is home to our most expansive Workshop Floor-over 50,000 square feet of state-of-the-art facilities where students can create 2- or 3-D, physical or digital projects and see them through from concept to reality.
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Whittle School & Studios
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12 | 110 students 2278.9 miles41 W Santa Clara St.
Arcadia, CA 91007
- Grades: 6-12, PG| 368 students 291.2 miles18 Goodfriend Drive
K-12, PG (day)
East Hampton, NY 11937
(631) 907-5400291.26-12, PG368
K-12, PG (day)
- Grades: 7-12 | 260 students 518 miles80 chemin Moulton Hill
Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1M 1Z8
Here are some considerations to ponder whilst choosing schools and when your child is actually away at school.
Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you.
Here then are a dozen boarding schools which charge approximately $20,000 per year or less for tuition, room and board.