Whittle School & Studios
4000 Connecticut Ave NW
Washington, DC 20008
Washington, DC 20008
- Whittle School & Studios will be the first school for the Innovation Age.
- We will offer a truly global education across a network of modern, thoughtfully designed campuses around the world; a carefully developed progressive curriculum rooted in interdisciplinary and experiential learning; and an unequaled advising system to provide a personalized education.
- Our internationally renowned leadership team and supportive educators will create a culture that values risk-taking, creativity and rigorous scholarship.
- Our graduates will be ready to lead in the challenging world of their future.
- Each student will shine in at least one purposeful, passionate pursuit; master at least one other language; and study in other cultures while remaining deeply connected to his or her homeland.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|Whittle School &||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||8-12, PG||7-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12, PG||7-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||13 acres||104 acres|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:18||1:7|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Emily Reynolds|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Harrison Hart|
- In fall 2019, our first two campuses will open in Shenzhen, China, and Washington, D.C. Within a decade, we expect to have to a system of 30-plus schools in the world`s leading cities. Designed by renowned architect Renzo Piano, these campuses will be inspiring environments where students can pursue their passions and achieve their highest potential. Flexible workspaces, theaters, on-campus accelerators, private music rooms, advanced sports facilities, and robotics and coding labs will ensure that education extends beyond classroom walls.
- Each campus will include residential dormitories for boarding students, as well as for those studying abroad from other Whittle campuses. Each Whittle campus will serve approximately 2,500 students ages three to 18, with about 150 students per grade.
- OUR WASHINGTON, D.C. CAMPUS: The interior of an existing 20th-century building, surrounded by 13.7 wooded acres and located in North Cleveland Park, is being transformed by Renzo Piano Building Workshop (RPBW) into a dynamic learning environment. A bright public entry offers sweeping views into three of the school's performance spaces. One of the building's most striking features, five soaring glass-enclosed courtyards, will be transformed into vibrantstudent commons.
- OUR SHENZHEN CAMPUS: Located in China's Silicon Valley, our first campus in Asia will bring to life the architects' prototypical design for a Whittle campus. The glass-walled, eight-story building is situated in the heart of the vibrant, rapidly growing Qianhai district. The campus will also be home to our most expansive Workshop Floor-over 50,000 square feet of state-of-the-art facilities where students can create 2- or 3-D, physical or digital projects and see them through from concept to reality.
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Whittle School & Studios
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 40 students 2293 miles345 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071
- Grades: 9-12 | 110 students 2282.8 miles1539 E. Howard St.
Pasadena, CA 91104
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.
The essence of a private school education is that strong partnership forged between school, parent and child.
Two kinds of admissions are in use at American boarding schools: admissions with a fixed deadline and rolling admissions. We take a look at rolling admissions.