Williamsburg Christian Academy
101 School House Lane
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Williamsburg, VA 23188
Tel: (757) 378-5263
Williamsburg Christian Academy Photo #2 - The Arts hold a special place at WCA: Shown, our dedicated art studio.
Williamsburg Christian Academy Photo #3 - Our students are both loved and challenged, with the opportunity to receive the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program Diploma.
Williamsburg Christian Academy Photo #4 - With dedicated Chemistry, biology and physics labs, WCA is STEM capable and regularly sends graduates to top engineering schools.
Williamsburg Christian Academy Photo #5 - Our campus is diverse and welcoming to students of all races, ethnicities, and religious denominations.
Williamsburg Christian Academy Photo #6 - WCA is a small school that does big things in athletics. We have 12 sports available in three seasons, some of them at a championship level, like our swimming and basketball teams. The school is exploring and hopes to add equestrian, trap, and skeet shooting, lacrosse, and crew in the coming years.
Williamsburg Christian Academy Photo #7 - Our small class sizes breed amazing connections between our students, all while reinforcing the concept of Christian fellowship.
Williamsburg Christian Academy Photo #8 - Service is a prerequisite at WCA and ties into both our students' Christ-centered walk and IB's Creativity, Activity and Service (CAS) objective.
Williamsburg Christian Academy Photo #9 - Our school campus is open...but not unsafe! In addition to the extensive COVID health plans we have implemented, our school's physical security is extensive, with an extensive security camera system, and single point and key fob only access to our facilities.
Imagine..... a Christian Boarding School in rural Virginia, USA, where every student is seen, known, heard, loved, valued, and shaped as a whole person.
Where learning has no boundaries, stimulating students to think critically and integrate learning and life experiences with Biblical truths.
Where twenty-first-century academic and life skills courses empower students to act as co-owners in the learning process, making a difference in God's kingdom.
Where students are inspired to dream, take risks and cultivate their gifts and talents entrusted by God.
And where relationships, mentorship, and service intentionally extend beyond the classroom and are reflective of Christ's life-on-life ministry. Welcome to that place. Welcome to Williamsburg Christian Academy. .
- Open House - Sat., August 14, 2021 - get more information!
- Open House - Sat., September 11, 2021 - get more information!
- Open House - Sat., October 02, 2021 - get more information!
- Open House - Sat., November 13, 2021 - get more information!
- Open House - Sat., February 05, 2022 - get more information!
- Open House - Sat., March 05, 2022 - get more information!
- Open House - Sat., April 02, 2022 - get more information!
- ...read more
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Williamsburg||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12||5-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||K-12||Pre-K-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||46 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||200 students||302 students|
|% Students of Color|
|Average SAT Score||1200||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Logo'ed polo in three colors with khaki or black pants)
|Average Class Size||15 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||7:1|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||14||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Judy Henley|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||10||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||11||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, EcoClub, Key Club, National Honor Society, Student Council, Talon Student Publishing, Tech Team, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama Club, Praise Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Cross Training Club
Spiritual Life: Seen. Known. Heard. Valued. Embraced.We are spiritually diverse; students are welcomed wherever they are on their spiritual journey.
- We pursue students through building relationships, solid biblical teaching from God`s Word, corporate worship experiences, and a dedication to discipleship and biblical application.
- The daily schedule incorporates morning prayer and devotions, small group gatherings, biblical immersion into academic courses offered, and evening life groups.
- Students are taught to live in a community where love, respect, and forgiveness abound, influenced by 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 and Matthew 18.
- We firmly believe that each student is created by God on purpose and for a purpose.
- We strive to fan the flame of the gifts that God has instilled in our students` hearts and minds.
- Quality learning facilitation, combined with authentic learning scenarios, provide a rich foundation for academic growth and development.
- We value partnership with students and families crafting personalized growth goals ensuring a clear plan for academic success.
- Executive functioning skills are intentionally at the core of instruction, preparing our students for life.
- A biblical worldview is the lens through which we teach our students to think, process, question, investigate, and problem-solve.
- Jesus` ministry on earth influences how we walk, authentically cultivating connections and trust.
- Building relationships outside the classroom is one of our highest priorities.
- Every student is viewed as an individual and their voices are heard.
- Celebrating each other is the core of who we are; whether it is a big accomplishment or random acts of kindness, we rally together to honor each other, serve others joyfully, and generously love one another.
- Our ministry-minded residential team is experienced and dedicated to care, love, and shepherd students.
- Our picturesque remote and private residential community provides a structured setting with a comprehensive focus on safety.
- We believe that true living can not be compartmentalized and that all safety aspects (physical, emotional, and spiritual) must be addressed.
- Our student-adult ratio of 10:1 is below the national average in boarding education.
- Nutritious meals and snacks are provided as an essential component of our residential program ensuring that dietary needs and restrictions are met.
- Students, as stakeholders, contribute to the cleanliness of the residential environment, along with a cleaning staff that ensures deep cleaning and sterilization. If you would like to have your son or daughter join our Christian Ministry community, please contact us today for more information!
- LD types supported: Mild Learning Differences/ESL/Functional Autism
- Williamsburg Christian Academy accreditations: Association of Christian Schools International, AdvancEd
Profile last updated: 03/02/2021
- Submit Review for Williamsburg Christian Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 8-12, PG | 180 students 112.7 miles1000 Samuel Miller Loop
Charlottesville, VA 22903
(434) 823-4805112.78-12, PG180
- Grades: 9-12 | 215 students 19.9 miles49 Seahorse Lane
Christchurch, VA 23031
Some cynics think single-sex education is old-fashioned. The Kiski School shows how educating boys in a single-sex school is successful.
This cry is heard throughout the land as parents try desperately to compare one boarding school against another.
June 30, 2021
You've tried everything but still your child has serious issues. Perhaps it's time to think about sending him to a residential therapeutic school.