Boarding School Jobs:
Assistant to the Director of Alumni and Development
Starting Date: Immediately
Expiration date of posting: Wed., January 14, 2015
Job Type: Full Time
Estimated Salary: Competitive
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree required. Excellent word processing, Excel, PowerPoint and organizational skills required. Raiser’s Edge or equivalent experience beneficial. Must demonstrate excellent interperso
Contact Information: Sean Brown, Director of Alumni and Development, firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary Responsibilities: This person will support the Alumni and Development Office with managing the office, direct administrative support of the director, and supplemental support for the Gunnery Fund and all A&D office sponsored events. Successful candidate will be expected to understand school culture and department objectives. Will become familiar with leadership prospects, volunteers, deadlines, and deliverables of the program.
In addition to direct administrative support of the director, Assistant will be responsible for:
Alumni Office Administration
• Track expenses and submit expense reports to the Business Office
• Tracking/Purchasing of office supplies and maintaining an accurate inventory log existing in an Excel report and ordering the supplies as necessary
• Travel planning and itinerary management for fundraisers and Head of School
• Additional ad hoc support as needed.
Special Events support
• Assist in planning, organizing and executing special events
• In coordination with the Director of Communications and Assoc. Director of Information Systems and Research, print and fulfill all electronic and print invitations
• Track replies, event expenses within the Raiser’s Edge Event module
• Print nametags, generate programs, and coordinate all logistics
• Ensure the events expenses are budgeted and tracked within office budget
• Maintain well organized files, historical records, and data related to event planning.
Gunnery Fund support
• Work closely with the Associate Director of Information Systems and Research on tracking, coding, and other updating of records as requested
• Work with the Director of Annual Giving to support fulfillment of in-house mailings as needed
• Generate accurate queries as well as gift detail, summary, solicitor, and other analytical reports in the Raiser’s Edge system as needed.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. Excellent word processing, Excel, PowerPoint and organizational skills required. Raiser’s Edge or equivalent experience beneficial. Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player. Must be a highly motivated, self-starter with good time management skills and an ability to multitask in a dynamic environment. Must be able to work evenings and weekends as necessary.