2 Valleywood Drive
Markham L3R8H3, Canada
Markham L3R8H3, Canada
Gr: (Boarding) 9-12 | 180 students
The Addison Advantage: Personalized Guidance and Care to guide our students through important milestones.
The Addison Advantage: 'Focus For Success' program provides students the opportunity to explore and develop their strengths and inner talents.
J. Addison currently has 3 fully equipped residences, providing a home away from home for our international students.
- J. Addison School is a private boarding high school offering Ontario Ministry of Education-certified courses to both local and international students. The school is located in our modern 60,000 square foot building, with the main floor featuring a spacious cafeteria, dance studio, and large gymnasium with dressing rooms and showers. The second floor features large classrooms, staff room, admissions offices, and state-of-the-art science and visual art labs. Our high school, elementary and montessori programs are delviered by experienced, qualified and personable teachers. Many of our secondary school graduates enroll in prestigious universities right here in Toronto, including the University of Toronto and York University.
Upcoming Events and News:
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|J. Addison School|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 9-12|
|Grades (Day)||Grades Pre-K-12|
|Campus Size||3 acres|
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:15|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||8|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Lee Venditti|
AP / Advanced Courses
|Total Advanced Courses Offered||8|
|Courses||Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, English, Physics, World History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||3 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Indoor Soccer|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||14 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Ballet and Alternative Dance Program, Basketball Club, Board Game Club, Community Outreach Program, Girls Club, Homework Help, House vs. House Sports Competitions, Language Enhancement, Media and Film, Music, Science, Speech and Drama, Sports, Student Council|
Our MissionOur mission is to provide non-denominational educational programs of superior quality, specifically designed to enable each and every student at every age level to fully harness their intellectual, social, and emotional potential.Passion, Courage, Trust At J. Addison School, we strongly believe that intellectual education encompasses academic achievements as well as personal accomplishments. We provide guidance and care to allow for the development of universal skills and the cultivation of moral values that are vital to the comprehensive development of our new generation.Respect, Innovation, Compassion At J. Addison School, students from all over the world benefit from each other`s differences in background and experiences. This allows for comprehension and appreciation of the vast cultural diversity that exists, but also promotes a realistic, acute sense of world economy and international cultures. We strive for all J. Addison School students to become respectable and responsible global citizens.The 7 Pillars of the Addison Advantage:
- Safe and Inclusive Learning Environment: At J. Addison School, we embrace the multiculturalism that is vibrant in Canada by valuing the diverse backgrounds and experiences of students from all over the world. This facilitates our goal to nurture a harmonious, safe and secure learning and living environment. Our campus dormitories are supervised 24 hours per day by our on-site staff to provide extensive care and support to students at any time, allowing them to focus on their studies.
- Individualized "Focus For Success" Programming: At J. Addison School, our professional and experienced Guidance Counsellors work meticulously with each and every student to determine their potential and interests and clarify their developmental goals. This will facilitate the planning of their educational program to ensure future success.
- Dedicated Administrative Team and Academic Staff: At J. Addison School, from the Board of Directors, Administration team to the teachers and staff, we provide unlimited academic guidance and inspiration to students, as these are necessary criteria for success. Student academic progress is monitored regularly to ensure students have a precise understanding of their educational performance, abilities and goals.
- Technology-integrated Methodologies: To supplement the traditional curriculum, our students learn with 21st Century technology which enables better engagement, encourages interaction; thus, strengthening both teaching and learning processes.
- Modern Resources and Facilities: At J. Addison School, we provide students with the most inclusive learning environment. With state-of-the-art classrooms, science laboratories, a multi-sport gymnasium, dance/fitness studio, music room, resourceful library, cafeteria with supervised nutritionist, and year-round dormitory residences, we truly can be every student`s optimal school of choice.
- Transparent Parent-School Communications: At J. Addison School, we encourage parents to be part of our learning community. We make great efforts to maintain regular contact and update parents with students` academic progress and dormitory life. We also work with parents diligently to oversee individual student needs to enable peace of mind for families.
- University Application Support: At J. Addison School, we provide students with all the support required to facilitate the University application process. This includes subject selection counseling, organized university visits and seminars, assistance with university applications, support and follow-up, so that our graduates are confident with their university decisions. Our absolute attention is one of the main reasons why J. Addison`s graduates have a 100% acceptance rate.
Submit Review for J. Addison School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 9-12 | 400 students 23.3 miles88 Bronte College Court
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5B1M9
Grades: 8-12 | 580 students 2080.9 miles955 Harbourside Drive
North Vancouver, BC, Canada V7P 3S4
Grades: 9-12| 715 students 211.8 miles362 Mariposa Avenue
Ottawa, Canada K1M0T3
Grades: 8-12| 958 students 2098.7 miles3400 Richmond Road
March 16, 2017
Explore the incredible variety of athletics which schools offer. Athletics are not optional in boarding school. Athletics are one part of a comprehensive program most schools adopt to educate the whole child in mind, body and spirit.
March 15, 2017
"Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you..." Brought to you by Boarding Schools in the USA
March 15, 2017
North American boarding schools regularly send admissions staff overseas to hold recruitment fairs in your area.