1562 First Avenue #205-3296
New York, NY 10028
New York, NY 10028
Gr: (Boarding) 10-12 | 41 students
Students who join us for the 2017-18 school year will have the opportunity to live and learn in Japan, blending tradition and modernity in a variety of unique projects.
Many of our school projects take place in the field, like this marine biology lesson in the Galapagos Islands.
As you travel the world, you'll visit a wide range of natural landscapes, including beaches, mountains, and underwater caves.
Love sports? We find soccer fields in each country we visit, and it's just one of the many sports our students love to play.
You'll be exposed to a wide array of truly unique customs, like this elephant blessing in Hampi, India.
During our 2015 term in Greece, our Grade 10 students recreated The Odyssey by sailing from island to island, much like Odysseus . Expect a similar educational adventure during our 2020 term.
When not out to sea, you'll live in the ancient city of Athens, where you'll explore both old and new through projects you design.
THINK Global School is a fully accredited traveling high school where you'll live and learn in four countries a year, making unforgettable connections between your education and the world around you.
Imagine reading Homer as you trace Odysseus' journey through Greece or learning data modeling by cataloging the sea life you observe SCUBA diving off the Great Barrier Reef. Only at THINK Global School does world exploration meet an academically rigorous curriculum with small classes, an impressive 1:4 faculty/student ratio, cutting edge technology, and infinite opportunities to pursue your passions.
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
Listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 323 schools) for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Small student body (number of students)
- Boarding Focus High percentage of boarding students
- Diversity High percentage of international students
- Affordability High percentage of students on financial aid
- Student Attention Low teacher:student ratio
- School Resources Highest endowment/student
- Selectivity Low acceptance rates
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|THINK Global School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Enrollment||41 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:3||1:7|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$50 million||$16 million|
(Need-based scholarships available)
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Mar. 1||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Lily Just|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Melanie Anderson|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||9||23|
|Extracurriculars||E-mag, GNH - Gross National Happiness, Greentastic Lamps, Model United Nations, Soccer, Student Council, THINK Tank, Traveling Musicians, Wrists4Rights|
|Year: 2013 - 2014||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|New York University||2|
|Mount Holyoke College||1|
|University of Bath||1|
|University of St. Andrew's||1|
|University of Surrey||1|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- THINK Global School (TGS) is a private, non-profit high school that travels the world, allowing students the chance to study in four new international cities each academic year. Our students represent over 25 countries and bring a variety of experiences, talents, interests, and perspectives to our school. THINK Global School challenges learners, through firsthand experiences of global travel, to become compassionate individuals who are curious and knowledgeable about the world and motivated to affect meaningful change.
- Our partner schools provide classrooms and school facilities. From there, we integrate place-based learning at some of the most significant sites in the world. We`ve had Mandarin lessons at the Great Wall of China, studied the theory of evolution in the Galapagos, and studied ancient culture among the Aboriginal people of Australia.
- A THINK Global School education combines an academically rigorous project-based learning curriculum, a competitive 1:5 faculty/student ratio, student-driven and technology-forward teaching philosophies, and integrated service learning to create a 360 educational experience that`s never limited to the classroom. Here, you`ll not only become an exceptional college candidate but also a true game-changer: someone who understands how the world works and has the courage and compassion to make it a better place.
- School accreditations: Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
Submit Review for THINK Global School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 9-12| 750 students 5.7 miles1 Morris Street
New York, NY 10004
Grades: 7-12, PG| 440 students 90.3 miles18 Goodfriend Drive
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
East Hampton, NY 11937
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
January 12, 2017
This cry is heard throughout the land as parents try desperately to compare one boarding school against another.
January 10, 2017
Boarding schools have their own jargon just like any activity or affinity group has.
January 04, 2017
There's a lot involved in selecting the right boarding school. Don't forget these ten important things when you apply.