5.00 (22 reviews)1175 West Baseline Road
Claremont, CA 91711
Gr: (Boarding) 9-12 | 413 students
The Raymond M. Alf Museum of Paleontology is the only fully accredited museum located on a high school campus in North America. Our museum program involves students in all aspects of the scientific process--from discovery to published research.
Webb's mission is to graduate honorable leaders--young men and women of character with moral courage and critical thinking skills.
Webb offers a broad-based liberal arts education where learning happens through authentic discovery and challenging coursework. We strive to develop students' abilities to think and learn independently, collaborate productively with peers, and communicate effectively.
Webb offers a competitive interscholastic athletic program for students of all skill levels with 42 teams participating in 15 sports. Our new, state-of-the-art aquatics center is perfect for swimming, diving and water polo competitions. In addition to athletics, our afternoon program offers students a variety of other activities in which to participate.
Webb offers introductory and advanced level courses in art, music and theater. Our campus is home to two performing arts spaces including the Copeland-Donahue Theater and Susan A. Nelson Performing Arts Center.
Located at the base of the San Gabriel Mountains, our campus setting provides easy access to hiking, snorkeling, rock climbing and other outdoor adventures.
Although community service hours are not required at Webb, many of our students voluntarily choose to participate in one or more of our numerous service activities. In the past few years, our students have traveled to Costa Rica, Thailand, Romania, Australia, Nepal, Fiji and three countries in Africa on service trips.
Two schools on one campus: Vivian Webb School for girls and Webb School of California for boys.
Students on campus from 12 states and 18 countries.
These attributes just begin to describe what makes Webb, Webb.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- University of Rochester The Webb Schools has two schools in one, and for the first two years, it is not co-ed. This is mainly because of the fact that boys and girls study differently, and I have had no. . .
- Williams College Webb differs from other boarding schools of the same size and caliber in numerous ways, but the differences are not always felt by the student body in proportion to their rarity. The paleontological resources, for. . .
- Georgetown University Webb's unique integration of unisex and coed classes within a students schedule is a quality that really differentiates itself from other private schools. Males and females do not have coed classes until their 3rd year. . .
- Harvard College Two aspects unique to Webb would definitely be the Alf Museum and the Honor Code, which definitely made my Webb experience unlike anything I would ever have at a normal high school. Through the Alf. . .
- University of Notre Dame I believe what makes Webb a very special and distinguishable place to other schools is the Honor Code in action and the relationships one can make with the faculty and service staff. The Honor Code. . .
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|The Webb Schools||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||70 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||413 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||2000||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||16 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||28||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$32 million||$16 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Jamila Everett|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||28||16|
|Courses||Advanced Studies in Paleontology, Advanced Studies Linear Algebra, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Environmental Science, AP French Language, AP Language & Composition, AP Literature & Composition, AP Physics 1, AP Physics C, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP Statistics, AP U.S. History, AP World History, Honors Advanced Museum Research, Honors American Literature, Honors Biology, Honors Chamber Singers, Honors Foundation of Virtue, Honors French 2, Honors French 3, Honors Integrated Math II, Honors Museum Research, Honors Paleontology, Honors Precalculus, Honors Spanish 2, Honors Spanish 3, Honors Strings Sinfonia Orchestra, Honors Studio Art, Honors Winds Sinfonia Orchestra|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||15||14|
|Sports||Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||36||23|
|Extracurriculars||Acappella, Archive Club, Art Portfolio Club, Astronomy Club, Athletic Training, Baseball, Basketball Club, Chess Club, Community Service Club, Computer Club, Cooking Club, Dance Club, Debate Club, Dorm Prefects, Drama Club, Farm and Forest, Fencing Club, Fitness Club, French Club, Honor, Indoor Sports, Mock Trial, Model UN, Museum, Newspaper,|
|Year: 2009 - 2014||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Southern California, CA||44|
|New York University, NY||17|
|Wellesley College, MA||14|
|Cornell University, NY||11|
|University of California, Berkeley, CA||11|
|Barnard College, NY||10|
|University of Chicago, IL||9|
|Columbia University, NY||8|
|Harvard University, MA||8|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- School accreditations: Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS), National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Submit Review for The Webb Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 8-12| 245 students 139.4 milesP.O. Box 98, 2555 W. Highway 154
Los Olivos, CA 93441
January 12, 2017
This cry is heard throughout the land as parents try desperately to compare one boarding school against another.
January 10, 2017
Boarding schools have their own jargon just like any activity or affinity group has.
January 04, 2017
There's a lot involved in selecting the right boarding school. Don't forget these ten important things when you apply.