Sheridan, OR 97378
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Musicians Institute Delphian is an incredible school! One of the things I noticed when I first came here was the responsibility level of the students. They are so capable of doing things such as running an. . .
- Seton Hall University There are several aspects of the Delphian School which made it unique. However, one aspect that I think is a major advantage of the Delphian education is the location of the campus. Located on a. . .
- - The Delphian School is completely tailor-made to the student. It's the type of school that makes sure the student understands everything before studying the next aspect of his curriculum. For example, each individual course of. . .
- Otis College of Art and Design I feel that The Delphian School has many positive aspects that make it different from other schools. Students study independently and at their own pace. Students at The Delphian School are not only responsible for. . .
- The Corcoran School of Art I found The Delphian School a very powerful experience. I remember when I first started at 13 years old. I was not particularly aware of what was going on around me. If I saw someone. . .
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Delphian School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||5-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||K-12||9-12|
|Campus Size||725 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||271 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||1860||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1640 - 1930||-|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||15 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:10||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||14||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$2 million||$16 million|
(Boarding tuition rates range: $47,126 - $49,796)
(Day student tuition rates range from $15,570 - $27,175 and vary by school (Lower, Elementary, Middle, Upper).)
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$13,500||$21,275|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Thomas Keough|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||14||16|
|Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computers, English Language, English Literature, French Language and Culture, Macro Economics, Micro Economics, Music Theory, Physics B, Spanish Language, Studio Art|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||7||14|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||23||23|
|Extracurriculars||Archery Club, Audio Visual Club, Boy Scouts, Ceramics Club, Chess Club, Choir, Cooking Club, Drama Club, Drawing, Fine Arts Club, Guitar Club, International Club, Intramural Sports, Jazz Club, Music, Photography & Darkroom Editing, Space Club, Strings (Orchestra), Student Council, Weightlifting, Woodshop, Writing and Poetry, Yoga|
|Year: 2010 - 2015||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Parsons, New School for Design||4|
|Berklee College of Music||3|
|University of Oregon||3|
|University of Washington||3|
|New York University||2|
|University of California, Davis||2|
|University of California, Los Angeles||2|
|University of Notre Dame||1|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
Delphian was founded in 1976 by a group of educators concerned about the decline in the standards of American education. Delphian curriculum integrates innovative study methods recognized worldwide as a breakthrough in education. By learning how to study, without memorization or memory tricks, students develop the confidence and knowledge to tackle the most challenging subjects and learn anything on their own. They become their own best teacher.
All Delphian students spend time putting their knowledge into practice. By the time they graduate, students have devoted over 1,000 hours to practical field activities, projects, and internships or apprenticeships.
Delphian's curriculum covers the full spectrum of core academic subjects: literature, math, science, languages, history, and the arts. Students also take courses focusing on ethics and integrity, leadership, life skills, computer technology, and physical education. And they choose from an expansive selection of elective courses.
Our students work one-on-one with a curriculum specialist to develop their own, individual program of academic study to agument the core curriculum. They work to fill in any gaps in their previous educations, bolster areas that may need extra attention, and follow their personal academic passions.
Because of the independent study nature of our program, students can move as quickly through their courses as they like, as long as they demonstrate that they understand and can apply the material.
Delphian's student body takes a highly active role in all school activities, giving each student the opportunity to learn personal lessons about responsibility, ethics, integrity, and leadership.
Once academic classes are finished, our students jump into a variety of afternoon activities sports, music, art, drama, photography and dozens more elective courses. In their evening downtime, Delphian students might get together with friends in the recreation room, work on their jump shots in the gym, participate in a choir sectional, get in some extra study time, or just relax in the dorm.
Student Council members do much of the weekend activity planning, which might include heading off campus to catch a play, movie, or sporting event in Portland; take part in a community service activity; go ice skating or skiing, camping or shopping. On-campus events might include a nighttime game of Capture the Flag and a bonfire, a special dance, or Friday Night Performance, where students take the stage to sing, act, dance, or perform songs from their favorite bands.
Delphian School graduates are accepted at top ranked colleges and universities across the United States. 95% get accepted into their top choice colleges.
- School accreditations: Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC), Northwest Association of Independent Schools (NWAIS), The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS), Western Boarding Schools Association (WBSA), AdvancedEd
Submit Review for Delphian School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 3-9| 204 students 2498.1 miles94 Old Main Street, PO Box 8
Deerfield, MA 01342
Grades: 7-12, PG| 1700 students 2472.1 miles7400 San Jose Blvd.
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Jacksonville, FL 32217
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Grades: 7-12| 445 students 2176 miles60 Knox Lane
Wheeling, WV 26003