5.00 (4 reviews)60 Main Street
Farmington, CT 06032
Gr: (Boarding) 9-12 | 325 students
- Founded in 1843 by lifelong scholar and educator, Sarah Porter, Miss Porter`s School is a college preparatory boarding and day school for girls in grades nine through 12.
- Located in the center of Farmington, Conn., Porter`s offers a diverse high school experience with 320 students hailing from 27 states and representing 16 countries.
- The school educates young women to become informed, bold, resourceful and ethical global citizens who will shape a changing world.
- For more information, please visit www.porters.org.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- William & Mary Miss Porter's has unique traditions unlike any other school aimed at including students and making them feel like part of a campus community, such as the school ring tradition. Part of the fun is learning. . .
- Smith College I would definitely have to say that something unique about Porter's is the connection between Alumnae (called "Ancients") and students. The ability to talk about shared experiences and traditions across generations is something I rarely. . .
- Providence College Traditions! There is nothing like the kind of bonding that a Porter's girl gets from the traditions she will experience during her 4 years at MPS. The traditions are kept a secret up until a. . .
- Dartmouth Miss Porter's School is a school built on tradition, and a common goal of achieving excellence. We have mandatory community service hours, rigorous classes, excellent sports, and most of all a community that truly cares. . .
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Miss Porter's School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||50 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||325 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||1872||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1680 - 2040||-|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||10 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||22||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$111 million||$16 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$23,883||$21,275|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15||Jan. 15|
|Average Percentile SSAT||66%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Kim Mount|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||17||14|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Badminton, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||44||23|
|Extracurriculars||AIDS Awareness Club, Am I (Analyzing Media Intellectually, Internally & Internationally), Animal Rights Club, Animation Club, Archive Club, Art Appreciation Club, Asian Club, Athletic Association, Christian Fellowship Club, Concordia (community service club), Culture Club, Debate Club, Democrats Club, Earth Club, French Club, HACIA Democracy Club, Hispanic Cultural Club, International Student Club, Jewish Student Union, Knitting Club, LOV (Ladies of Vitality), MAFIA (Making Amateur Fun of Improv Arts), Model UN, Perilhettes (senior singing group), Players Mandolin Performance Troupe,|
- School accreditations: New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Submit Review for Miss Porter's School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 9-12, PG| 251 students 8.8 miles230 Bushy Hill Road
6-12, PG (day)
Simsbury, CT 06070
6-12, PG (day)
March 16, 2017
Explore the incredible variety of athletics which schools offer. Athletics are not optional in boarding school. Athletics are one part of a comprehensive program most schools adopt to educate the whole child in mind, body and spirit.
March 15, 2017
"Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you..." Brought to you by Boarding Schools in the USA
March 15, 2017
North American boarding schools regularly send admissions staff overseas to hold recruitment fairs in your area.