Upcoming Events and News
- Take a (Virtual) Tour Around Campus - 11/06/2014 - Visit St Michaels University School without leaving home - our new virtual campus tour is *almost* as good as actually being here! Copy the link into your browser to see for yourself: http://goo.gl/Yw2eHd
- Wanted: One Amazing High School Student for a $50,000 Scholarship - 11/06/2014 - One grade 8-12 student will have their BEST SCHOOL YEAR EVER and win full tuition (worth $50,000) to live and study on campus for 2016-17. To find out more visit the website: ...more
Top 20 Placements:
Listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 333 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms
2015 School Data
|St. Michaels University School|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 8-12|
|Grades (Day)||Grades K-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||20 acres|
|% International Students||15%|
|% Students Boarding||45%|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||24|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||45%|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$6 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid||21%|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Paul Leslie|
AP / Advanced Courses
|Total Advanced Courses Offered||24|
|Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Chinese Language and Culture, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, European History, French Language, German Language, Government and Politics, Human Geography, Japanese Language, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Physics B, Physics C (Electricity & Mag.), Physics C (Mechanical), Psychology, Spanish Language, Studio Art (2D Design), Studio Art (Drawing)|
- St. Michaels University School is among the foremost independent day and boarding schools in Canada and in the world.
- Our commitment to academic excellence provides exceptional preparation for the challenges of postsecondary education.
- Our students are tomorrow’s leaders in the making, and come from nearly 20 countries around the world.
- Our faculty are passionate specialists who believe in the potential of every student.
- Our key programmes focus on five areas of development: Academics, Athletics, the Arts, Leadership, and Community and Global Service.
- From Junior to Middle to Senior School, students develop a love of learning and learn to think critically and creatively.
- University preparation is at the heart of the school’s mission, with 99% of our students going on to postsecondary education.
- With boarding facilities starting at grade 8, students become part of a diverse community where they create life-long friendships, develop independence and enjoy a wide range of activities.
- School accreditations: CAIS, WBSA, NAIS, PNAIS, TABS, IECA, SSAT
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Steve Nash '92 - Two-time NBA MVP, founder and president of the Steve Nash Foundation for growing health in kids
- Stewart Butterfield '91 - Co-founder of Flickr
- Kenneth Oppel '85 - Award-winning author
- Manoj Sood '81 - Star of CBC's hit show
- School Location Miles Grades Students
2.6 mi | Gr. Pre-K-12 | 370 students1080 Lucas Avenue
Victoria, V8X 3P7
17.4 mi | Gr. 9-12 | 493 students2735 Mt. Baker Road
Mill Bay, BC V0R 2P1, V0R
250 743 552117.49-12493
20 mi | Gr. 8-12 | 493 students1975 Renfrew Road
Shawnigan Lake, BC, V0R2W1
55.4 mi | Gr. 1-12 | 1150 studentsWest 29th Avenue
60.5 mi | Gr. 8-12 | 450 students955 Harbourside Drive
North Vancouver, BC, V7P 3S4
+1 604 998 100060.58-12450