Upcoming Events and News:
- Open House - Fri., February 21, 2014 - get more information!
- SMUS Student Wins Google Science Fair - 11/05/2013 - In Grade 10, Ann Makosinski designed a flashlight that is powered solely from the heat emitted from the human hand. Her invention took her to the finals of the international competition where she took home the top prize in her age ...more
Watch School Video
Top 20 Placements: All Schools
Listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 326 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms
| 2013 School Data
St. Michaels University School
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 8-12|
|Grades (Day)||Grades K-12|
|Support for ADD/ADHD Students||Yes|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||20 acres|
|Percent Students of Color||n/a|
|Percent International Students||15%|
|Percent Students Boarding||45%|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:18|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||24|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||45%|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$6 million|
|Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students)||n/a|
|Yearly Tuition (Day Students)||n/a|
|Percent Students on Financial Aid||21%|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Paul Leslie|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Shannon Drew|
AP / Advanced Courses:
|Total Advanced Courses Offered||24|
|Calculus AB||Calculus BC|
|Chemistry||Chinese Language and Culture|
|English Language||English Literature|
|Environmental Science||European History|
|French Language||German Language|
|Government and Politics||Human Geography|
|Physics C (Electricity & Mag.)||Physics C (Mechanical)|
|Studio Art (2D Design)||Studio Art (Drawing)|
- St. Michaels University School is among the foremost independent day and boarding schools in Canada and in the world.
- Our commitment to academic excellence provides exceptional preparation for the challenges of postsecondary education.
- Our students are tomorrow’s leaders in the making, and come from nearly 20 countries around the world.
- Our faculty are passionate specialists who believe in the potential of every student.
- Our key programmes focus on five areas of development: Academics, Athletics, the Arts, Leadership, and Community and Global Service.
- From Junior to Middle to Senior School, students develop a love of learning and learn to think critically and creatively.
- University preparation is at the heart of the school’s mission, with 99% of our students going on to postsecondary education.
- With boarding facilities starting at grade 8, students become part of a diverse community where they create life-long friendships, develop independence and enjoy a wide range of activities.
- School accreditations: CAIS, WBSA, NAIS, PNAIS, TABS, IECA, SSAT
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Steve Nash '92 - Two-time NBA MVP, founder and president of the Steve Nash Foundation for growing health in kids
- Stewart Butterfield '91 - Co-founder of Flickr
- Kenneth Oppel '85 - Award-winning author
- Manoj Sood '81 - Star of CBC's hit show
Gr. Pre-K-12 | All-Girls | 2.6 mi. away
Gr. 9-12 | Co-Ed | 17.4 mi. away
Gr. 8-12 | Co-Ed | 20.0 mi. away
Gr. 1-12 | All-Boys | 55.4 mi. away
View all schools in: Canada