Upcoming Events and News
- Open House - Fri., February 20, 2015 - get more information!
- Take a (Virtual) Tour Around Campus - 11/06/2014 - Visit St Michaels University School without leaving home - our new virtual campus tour is *almost* as good as actually being here! Copy the link into your browser to see for yourself: http://goo.gl/Yw2eHd
Top 20 Placements:
Listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 330 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms
2014 School Data
|St. Michaels University School|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 8-12|
|Grades (Day)||Grades K-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||20 acres|
|% International Students||15%|
|% Students Boarding||45%|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:18|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||24|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||45%|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$6 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid||21%|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Paul Leslie|
AP / Advanced Courses
|Total Advanced Courses Offered||24|
|Government and Politics|
|Physics C (Electricity & Mag.)|
|Studio Art (2D Design)|
- St. Michaels University School is among the foremost independent day and boarding schools in Canada and in the world.
- Our commitment to academic excellence provides exceptional preparation for the challenges of postsecondary education.
- Our students are tomorrow’s leaders in the making, and come from nearly 20 countries around the world.
- Our faculty are passionate specialists who believe in the potential of every student.
- Our key programmes focus on five areas of development: Academics, Athletics, the Arts, Leadership, and Community and Global Service.
- From Junior to Middle to Senior School, students develop a love of learning and learn to think critically and creatively.
- University preparation is at the heart of the school’s mission, with 99% of our students going on to postsecondary education.
- With boarding facilities starting at grade 8, students become part of a diverse community where they create life-long friendships, develop independence and enjoy a wide range of activities.
- School accreditations: CAIS, WBSA, NAIS, PNAIS, TABS, IECA, SSAT
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Steve Nash '92 - Two-time NBA MVP, founder and president of the Steve Nash Foundation for growing health in kids
- Stewart Butterfield '91 - Co-founder of Flickr
- Kenneth Oppel '85 - Award-winning author
- Manoj Sood '81 - Star of CBC's hit show
- School Location Miles Students Grades
VictoriaSt. Margaret's School
1080 Lucas Avenue
Victoria, , V8X 3P7
250-479-71712.6 mi | 370 students | Gr. Pre-K-12
Mill BayBrentwood College School
2735 Mt. Baker Road
Mill Bay, ,
250 743 552117.4 mi | 493 students | Gr. 9-12
Shawnigan Lake, BCShawnigan Lake School
1975 Renfrew Road
Shawnigan Lake, BC, , V0R2W1
250-743-620720 mi | 465 students | Gr. 8-12
Vancouver, BCSt. George's School, Vancouver
West 29th Avenue
Vancouver, BC, ,
(604) 221-391555.4 mi | 1150 students | Gr. 1-12
North Vancouver, BCBodwell High School
955 Harbourside Drive
North Vancouver, BC, , V7P 3S4
+1 604 924 505660.5 mi | 450 students | Gr. 8-12