Girls from around the world love to live and learn at Annie Wright, where they develop deep friendships that last a lifetime. Boarding at Annie Wright is fun, safe and educational and a lot like living in a giant family of sisters. Our community includes eight full-time dorm parents who are dedicated to each girl?'s well-being and safety.
The rooms in our recently and beautifully renovated dorm are each unique, comfortable and spacious, with most upperclasswomen living in singles. Students enjoy shared kitchen facilities, media lounges and study spaces around the dorm. Its location right in our main building makes for easy access to the dining hall, classrooms, library, gym and other campus facilities.
Boarding students have full access to the Dining Hall for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Day students have a la carte lunch options, so prices vary. Our dining hall includes healthy options (salad bar, fresh fruit, daily chicken breast and steamed rice) and frozen yogurt for a special dessert treat.
Annie Wright prepares girls extraordinarily well for college, offering small classes, independent-minded peers, and an exceptional faculty. Most importantly, we prepare girls for a lifetime of learning, instilling in our students genuine curiosity and the courage to ask questions, seek creative answers and meet the challenges of a rapidly-changing, complex and culturally-diverse world.
Our athletics program stresses competitive team play, physical fitness and good sportsmanship. Athletes have represented Annie Wright at the state level in volleyball, tennis, cross-country, track and golf. The varsity volleyball team was ranked #1 in our league in 2013. In addition to our athletics program, students are given the time, space and flexibility to pursue outside athletic passions.
Creative arts at Annie Wright thrive because art is a vital component of the human experience. We believe ALL of our students can and must create??and we offer a range of opportunities for every student to practice, analyze, imagine, design and perform. Our theatre program supports students through the exploration of acting, directing, stage managing and set design.
Getting off campus to learn, grow, bond, meet new challenges and experience life outside of the Northwest is an important element of Annie Wright's curriculum. One example is our Junior College Trip: The entire Junior class hops aboard a chartered (and chaparoned) bus and heads south, embarking on a tour of ten West Coast colleges in seven adventurous days.
At Annie Wright Upper School, girls become actively involved in their own education and develop singular and strong voices that they use confidently, powerfully and persuasively throughout their lives. Research reveals that compared to their peers in co-ed schools, girls from all-girls schools perform better on academic achievement tests and report greater confidence and willingness to take risks.
Annie Wright offers the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. Widely considered the world's most rigorous high school curriculum, IB is at the heart of our students' educational experience. Student inquiry, intellectual risk-taking, and international mindedness highlight the school day and ensure our students are well-prepared for college and beyond.
- For girls in Grades 9 through 12 who are ready to develop authentic passions and make a well-rounded education a priority, Annie Wright offers an extraordinary and enduring educational experience.
- We celebrate girls, incorporate international standards of excellence through the International Baccalaureate curriculum, and give students the opportunity to do the things they love in authentic and meaningful ways.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Grinnell College Annie Wright combines many different teaching styles and personalities into one exceptional faculty. Teachers are incredibly dedicated and with the new IB program just getting started they have more materials than ever to creating interesting. . .
- St. Olaf College The community at Annie Wright makes it such a unique place to spend four years. The international component to the school allows global education to be experienced at a very young age, increasing cultural. . .
- St. Olaf College Annie Wright's small class sizes make it very unique coupled with very interactive, discussion based classes with many international influences.. . .
- Princeton University Annie Wright's most unique characteristic is its all-girls environment. The all-girls experience is truly what makes Annie Wright special. The friends I made there are still some of my best friends today. . .
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Annie Wright Schools||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||10 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||192 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||1847||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
|Average Class Size||14 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||20||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$17 million||$16 million|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$5,000||$21,500|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 3 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Alyssa Harvey|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||7||14|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||15||23|
|Extracurriculars||Annie's Angels Community Service, Art Studio, Ceramics Club, Chorus, Drama Club, Film Making Club, Global Engagement, Honor, Masque Players, Newspaper, Orchestra, Outdoor Leadership, Photography, Student Government (ASB), Yearbook|
|Year: 2010 - 2014||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Washington||15|
|Case Western Reserve University||5|
|George Washington University||4|
|Pacific Lutheran University||4|
|Western Washington University||4|
|Washington University in St. Louis||3|
- Annie Wright Upper School prepares girls extraordinarily well for college, offering small classes, independent-minded peers, and an exceptional faculty. Our challenging curriculum appeals to motivated students with a variety of learning styles, and our learning support department is available to address individual needs. Most importantly, we prepare girls for a lifetime of learning, instilling in our students genuine curiosity and the courage to ask questions, seek creative answers and meet the challenges of a rapidly-changing, complex and culturally-diverse world.
- School accreditations: NAIS, NWAIS, TABS, NCGS, ERB
Submit Review for Annie Wright Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 9-12| 482 students 2487.5 miles45 Dana Road
Wellesley, MA 02482
April 26, 2017
Vision. Generosity. High-minded principles. These are the hallmarks of the benefactors of the five schools featured in this article.
April 25, 2017
Does your son or daughter ride? Are you thinking about finding a private school which will suit both your academic requirements and your child's penchant for riding? Let's look at a couple of schools with riding programs.
April 19, 2017
Get admissions officer's Clayton Johnston's perspective on how to choose the best boarding school for you.