45 Cottage Road
Oakdale, CT 06370
Oakdale, CT 06370
Gr: (Boarding) 8-12, PG | 130 students
Saint Thomas More School is an accredited college preparatory school in the Catholic tradition for young men who have demonstrated intellectual ability but who have not yet realized their potential.
Within a structured environment, we strive to motivate, nurture, and strengthen the intellectual, moral, physical, and social development of every student.
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|St. Thomas More||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||8-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||100 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||130 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||1610||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal||Casual|
|Average Class Size||10 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||2||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$10 million||$16 million|
|Tuition international students||$57,900||$47,425|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$19,234||$21,275|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Roland Lemay|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Stephanie Salazar|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||10||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||13||23|
|Extracurriculars||Ambassadors Club, Chess Club, Cooking Club, Cycling Club, French Club, Martial Arts Club, Music Club, Robotics Club, Ski Club, Spanish Club, Tennis Club, Weightlifting, Yearbook|
- Learn More - Experience More - Accomplish More. Saint Thomas More School seeks students who will benefit from a structured environment. The Student Assistance Program (SAP) is available to those students who need to reinforce study, organizational, and time management skills. Beginner and intermediate levels of ESL are available for international students.
- The school campus comprises 100 wooded acres with numerous athletic fields located on the shores of Gardner Lake. Our 4000 feet of lakefront property includes a beach, beach volleyball court, and a boathouse. Located 35 minutes from Hartford, CT, 2 hours from Boston, Massachusetts, and 2 1/2 hours from New York City, New York.
- LD types supported: Mild LD
- School accreditations: New England Association of Schools And Colleges
Submit Review for St. Thomas More School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
January 12, 2017
This cry is heard throughout the land as parents try desperately to compare one boarding school against another.
January 10, 2017
Boarding schools have their own jargon just like any activity or affinity group has.
January 04, 2017
There's a lot involved in selecting the right boarding school. Don't forget these ten important things when you apply.