45 Cottage Road
Oakdale, CT 06370
Oakdale, CT 06370
Gr: (Boarding) 8-12, PG | 130 students
- St. Thomas More School is an accredited college preparatory school in the Catholic tradition for young men who have demonstrated intellectual ability but who have not yet realized their potential.
- Within a structured environment, we strive to motivate, nurture, and strengthen the intellectual, moral, physical, and social development of every student.
- Dedicated faculty, individualized attention, small classes, challenging yet fun athletics and extracurricular activities, in a 100% boarding environment, are the cornerstones of an STM education.
- Our robust Summer@STM program combines academics, study skills, athletics, and recreational activities, to ensure that students have a fun & memorable summer and are in a better position to achieve their goals when they return to school in the fall.
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|St. Thomas More||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||8-12, PG||11-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||100 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||130 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||1610||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal||Casual|
|Average Class Size||10 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||2||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$10 million||$16 million|
|Tuition international students||$59,900||$47,400|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$19,234||$21,275|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Roland Lemay|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Stephanie Salazar|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||10||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||13||23|
|Extracurriculars||Ambassadors Club, Chess Club, Cooking Club, Cycling Club, French Club, Martial Arts Club, Music Club, Robotics Club, Ski Club, Spanish Club, Tennis Club, Weightlifting, Yearbook|
- More Learning- More Community- More Involvement
- The school campus comprises 100 wooded acres with numerous athletic fields located on the shores of Gardner Lake. Our 4000 feet of lakefront property includes a beach, beach volleyball court, and a boathouse. Located 35 minutes from Hartford, CT, 2 hours from Boston, Massachusetts, and 2 1/2 hours from New York City, New York.
- Summer@STM Full Five-week Session: Sunday July 2, 2017 - Friday August 4, 2017 Half Session: Session 1: Sunday July 2 - Tuesday July 18, Session 2: Wednesday July 19 - Friday August 4
- LD types supported: Mild LD
- School accreditations: New England Association of Schools And Colleges
Submit Review for St. Thomas More School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
March 16, 2017
Explore the incredible variety of athletics which schools offer. Athletics are not optional in boarding school. Athletics are one part of a comprehensive program most schools adopt to educate the whole child in mind, body and spirit.
March 15, 2017
"Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you..." Brought to you by Boarding Schools in the USA
March 15, 2017
North American boarding schools regularly send admissions staff overseas to hold recruitment fairs in your area.