5.00 (1 review)251 Canaan Road
Salisbury, CT 06068
Gr: (Boarding) 9-12, PG | 305 students
Salisbury is a boys' school in northwestern Connecticut, two hours north of New York City.
94% of our 305 students board.
We believe strongly in the value of a single-sex environment and the purposefulness of nurturing success.
We offer a traditional secondary school curriculum to prepare students for the rigors of college.
Honors level and advanced placement courses are available for students seeking a more challenging curriculum.
Some required courses also offer sections at a more moderate pace.
The Rudd Learning Center and additional resources are available to students in need of additional support; approximately 30% of our boys are enrolled in tutoring.
As experts in educating boys, we combine opportunities to educate the whole boy in gender specific designed programs: arts, athletics, clubs, activities, lecture series, coed weekend activities and a residential life program.
For 305 students, our facility is second to none; our academic and athletic facilities were built new or completely renovated in the last decade.
Salisbury boys are confident, spirited, curious, loyal, gentlemen and brothers.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Colby College One of the few all-male boarding schools remaining in New England, Salisbury School doesn't disappoint. This is the greatest aspect of the school. Having attended a coed boarding school prior, Salisbury was a completely different. . .
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Salisbury School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||725 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||305 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||1720||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Weekly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Jacket and Tie for Classes Only)
|Average Class Size||12 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:5||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||17||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$60 million||$16 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$38,200||$21,275|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||70%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Peter B. Gilbert|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Brian Phinney|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||17||16|
|Courses||AB Calculus, BC Calculus, Biology, Chemistry, English Literature and Composition, French, Latin, Physics, Statistics, US History, World History, English Language and Composition, Microeconomics|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||17||14|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Sailing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Squash, Tennis, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||49||23|
|Extracurriculars||A Capella, Band, Basketball, Chapel Choir, Christian Fellowship Club, Community Service, Computers, Crop Walk, Debate, Dorm Prefects, Dramatics, Film Making Club, Fishing, Fly Fishing Club, Food Club, Gospel, Gospel Choir, Guitar Club, Honor, Ice Hockey, Improv Club, International Students Organization, Inventors Club, Jazz Club, Key Society,|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- In 2001, Salisbury entered its second century of educating boys. Our school is home to one of the most beautiful campuses in New England. Salisbury's "Hilltop" is located in northwestern Connecticut's Berkshire Foothills.
- Boys at Salisbury are part of a community. From the moment they first arrive to the day they graduate, our students all play important roles in the life of the School. Salisbury provides an environment that allows each boy to find success and enjoy himself along the way.
- Almost $60 million dollars in campus improvements have transformed Salisbury's campus. The new academic, athletic and social facilities are remarkable. The Wachtmeister Field (Field Turf) added an all-weather athletic field in the fall of 2007. The Flood Athletic Center (hockey, basketball, wrestling, squash, locker rooms and fitness center) opened in the fall of 2009.
- Since 1946, the COED Salisbury Summer School has helped students improve their study skills, reading ability and written expression. An experienced faculty use a structured curriculum to help students become effective learners while also allowing for free time and recreation in the afternoons. In addition to the traditional academic program there are other exceptional programs: English and mathematics make-up credits, English as a Second Language, SAT preparation and arts and crafts.
- LD types supported: skill based tutoring available
Submit Review for Salisbury School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
January 12, 2017
This cry is heard throughout the land as parents try desperately to compare one boarding school against another.
January 10, 2017
Boarding schools have their own jargon just like any activity or affinity group has.
January 04, 2017
There's a lot involved in selecting the right boarding school. Don't forget these ten important things when you apply.