Pomfret, CT 06258
|Definition of Terms
2014 School Data
|The Rectory School|
|School Focus||Junior Boarding School|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 5-9|
|Grades (Day)||Grades K-9|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||138 acres|
|% Students of Color||8%|
|% International Students||33%|
|% Students Boarding||56%|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:4|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||29%|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$8 million|
|Tuition international students||$52,000|
|% Students on Financial Aid||37%|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes|
|Director of Admissions||John Seaward|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Lesley Gibbs|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||16 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Fencing, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Tennis, Track and Field, Wrestling|
|Year: -||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Students enjoy increasing their skills and revealing new talents in state-of-the-art facilities. The Tang Center for Performing Arts is an exceptional venue for concerts, assemblies, lessons, and special programs. The Collins Art Barn allows students to create in bright studios and develop photography in the darkroom.
- Every Rectory student is involved in sports and participates on a team. The program emphasizes healthy competition on levels that provide a challenge for the skilled athlete and encouragement for the beginner.
- The Rectory School community lives its creed: Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Compassion.
- The Rectory School’s four-week summer session, Summer@Rectory, is an innovative, individually designed program that balances academics, sports, art, music, drama, and recreation. Offering a variety of options for enrichment or remediation, Summer@Rectory has enrollment for coeducational day and boarding students who are entering grades five through nine.
- The morning academic program provides choices for students to explore an interest, challenge their skills, refresh academic knowledge, improve study skills, and increase English language proficiency. Students enroll in four courses for the four-week session. One of these courses may be the one-to-one Individualized Instruction Program (IIP).
- The afternoon sessions include FOCUS where the students learn beyond the classroom environment. Music camps promote the performing arts with instrumental ensembles, jazz, stringed instruments, and private lessons. Drama workshops allow students to explore theatrical skills, while recreational activities such as tennis, fishing, canoeing, softball, and soccer create personal enjoyment and team play. Students may elect a different option for each week.
- The weekend schedule of field trips and off-campus activities gives Summer@Rectory students more experiences to remember. Area beaches, an overnight trip to Boston, New England excursions, Six Flags, and a professional baseball game all add to the excitement.
- Summer@Rectory is held for four weeks from the last week in June. Call The Rectory School for more information.
- LD types supported: Dyslexia/Language-based/Mild Learning Differences
- School accreditations: Connecticut Association of Independent Schools (CAIS), National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS), Junior Boarding School Association (JBSA) Small Boarding School Association (SBSA)
- School Location Miles Students Grades
PO Box 128, 398 Pomfret Street
Pomfret, CT, 06258
860-963-61240.7 mi | 360 students | Gr. 9-12
57 Academy Road
Woodstock, CT, 06281
8609286575 ext. 1653.8 mi | 1025 students | Gr. 9-12
WoodstockHyde School - Woodstock, CT
PO Box 237
Woodstock, CT, 06281
860-963-47215.6 mi | 175 students | Gr. 9-12
ThompsonMarianapolis Preparatory School
26 Chase Road
Thompson, CT, 06277
860 923 92456.5 mi | 400 students | Gr. 9-12
BalticAcademy of the Holy Family
54 W. Main Street Box 691
Baltic, CT, 06330
860-822-627920.4 mi | 50 students | Gr. 9-12