1300 Academy Road
Culver, IN 46511
Culver, IN 46511
Gr: (Boarding) 9-12 | 814 students
For more than 100 years, horsemanship has been a distinguished tradition. the Black Horse Troop (CMA) has appeared in 16 Presidential Inaugural parades and the Equestriennes (CGA) in 7. Culver's jumping and polo teams are consistently competitive at the national level. With more than 100 horses, Culver offers comprehesive instruction in beginning, intermediate and advanced equitation.
The Culver Girls Academy (CGA) Crest is a treasured symbol and is proudly worn on the blazers to symbolize a strong school with separate traditions for young women with an emphasis on citizenship and leadership preparation. The Culver Military system for young men (CMA)is a lifestyle that encourages pride in oneself, the living unit, the Corps of Cadets and Culver.
"Our goal at The Culver Academies and Culver Summer Camps is to educate students for leadership and responsible citizenship in society by developing and nurturing the whole individual - mind, spirit, and body - through an integrated curriculum that emphasizes the cultivation of character.
To accomplish our goal, Culver has spent the last 119 years creating an integrated academic, leadership, religious, and athletic program that is second to none in The United States...".
Upcoming Events and News:
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Review #1 - Class of 2012Tulane University One unique aspect of Culver is the fantastic leadership program. The academics and athletics are great, but the leadership is. . .
- Review #2 - Class of 2011Columbia University I found Culver to be unique, in comparison to other boarding schools, for two main reasons: the Academy's setting and. . .
- Review #3 - Class of 2010Princeton University By far, the aspect that most distinguishes Culver from other schools is its emphasis on leadership education. For the boys. . .
- Review #4 - Class of 2010United States Military Academy The people of Culver Academies makes my school completely unique. The faculty and staff are comprised of a multitude of. . .
- Review #5 - Class of 2008The College of William and Mary At Culver, you really get a sense of down-to-earth Mid-West values. You don't have kids driving their fancy cars to. . .
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Culver Academies||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||1700 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||814 students||295 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
|Average Class Size||13 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||24||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$394 million||$16 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$29,416||$22,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||J. Michael Turnbull|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||24||16|
|Courses||AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Chinese Language & Culture, AP Comparative Government & Politics, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature & Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French Language & Culture, AP German Language, AP Latin - Vergil, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Music Theory, AP Physics B, AP Physics C: Mechanics, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP Statistics, AP U.S. Government & Politics, AP U.S. History, AP World History, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Honors Computer Science|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||25||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Drill Team, Equestrian, Fencing, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Polo, Rugby, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||38||23|
|Extracurriculars||Amnesty International Club, Art Club, Badminton Club, Bible Study, Boy, Campus, CGA, Chemistry Club, Chinese Language & Culture Club, Community, Computer Club, Culver, Cum Laude, FCA, Fleet, French Club, Futsol, Global, Green, Living, Math, Model, No, Paintball, Ping,|
- "There is nothing quite like Culver Academies in the world!" A collegiate preparatory boarding school with cutting edge academic programs to enhance the whole person education through our leadership program, inspirational tradition and inspiring innovation. Aspiring Entrepreneur? The Ron Rubin School for the Entrepreneur is for you! Aspiring Policymaker? Take a look at The Global Studies Institute... Aspiring CEO? The Center for Character Excellence is the Leadership support program you need.... Aspiring Diplomat? Learn from The Confucius Classroom...our partnership with the Confucius Institute at Valparaiso University and the Confucius Institute based in Beijing, China.
- School accreditations: TABS, NAIS,AMCSUS, ISACS, NCA
Submit Review for Culver Academies
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 9-12, PG | 430 students 103.6 miles1500 West Kennedy Road
Lake Forest, IL 60045
Grades: 9-12| 799 students 187.7 milesPO Box 801 39221 Woodward Ave.
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303
Grades: 7-12 | 82 students 61.7 miles5755 North State Road 9/P.O. Box 240
Howe, IN 46746
Grades: 9-12, PG | 650 students 715.1 miles7 Boyden Lane
Deerfield, MA 01342
Grades: 9-12, PG | 862 students 705 miles333 Christian Street
Wallingford, CT 06492
October 14, 2016
"I'm wasting my time thinking about boarding school." No, you're not. Here's why.
September 19, 2016
Sustainable schools have become a part of our 21st century educational fabric.
September 14, 2016
Boarding schools are a subset of private schools which many people don't know much about. Here are five points to ponder as you research boarding schools.