Sheridan, OR 97378
|Definition of Terms
2013 School Data
|Delphian School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Preparatory||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||3-12||8-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||K-12||7-12|
|Campus Size||800 acres||124 acres|
|Enrollment||271 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color||16%||18%|
|% International Students||32%||20%|
|% Students Boarding||75%||67%|
|Average SAT Score||1757||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1640 - 1930||-|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Acadmics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||15 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP/Advanced Courses Offered||9||15|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||n/a||65%|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Tuition international students||$49,450||$44,500|
|% Students on Financial Aid||35%||35%|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Marti Wiggins|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP/Advanced Courses Offered||9||15|
|Calculus AB||Calculus BC|
|English Language||English Literature|
|French Language and Culture||Macro Economics|
|Micro Economics||Physics B|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||6||13|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||21||24|
|Extracurriculars||Archery Club, Audio/Visual Class, Boy Scouts of America/Cub Scouts of America, Ceramics, Chess Club, Choir, Drama, Drawing and Painting, Guitar, International Club, Intramural Basketball, Intramural Soccer, Intramural Volleyball, Jazz Choir, Music, Photography & Darkroom Editing, Student Council, Weightlifting, Woodshop, Writing and Poetry, Yoga|
|Year: -||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Delphian School, is an independent college preparatory, K-12, co-educational day and boarding school. Delphian enrolls students from around the world and offers an English-as-a-Second Language program.
- The school has more than 800 acres of wooded hills, meadows and fields overlooking the scenic Willamette Valley, heart of Oregon's family-friendly wine country. Sheridan, located in the heartland of fertile western Oregon, is approximately 50 miles southwest of Portland and 35 miles from the Pacific Coast.
- The sports facilities include a double-court gymnasium, soccer fields, baseball and softball diamonds, a racquetball court, running track, four lighted tennis courts, and a weight and exercise room.
- Delphian was founded in 1976 by a group of educators and parents concerned about the decline in the standards of American education. Delphian curriculum integrates the innovative study methods developed more than forty five years ago by American educator and philosopher L. Ron Hubbard. These methods are recognized worldwide as a breakthrough in education, and, with them, students develop the confidence and knowledge to tackle the most challenging subjects independently.
- While being part of a student body that takes a highly active role in all school activities, each student will learn his own lessons about responsibility, integrity, and leadership.
- Most graduates are accepted at top ranked colleges and universities across the United States.
- Delphian School is registered with the Oregon Department of Education, is a member of the Oregon Federation of Independent Schools, and is an accredited member school of the Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC), the Northwest Association of Independent Schools (NWAIS) and The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS). The school is authorized under Federal Law to enroll non-immigrant alien students. Delphian School is licensed to use Applied Scholastics educational services.
- School accreditations: Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC), Northwest Association of Independent Schools (NWAIS), The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Sky Dayton - Founder of EarthLink and founder and chairman of Boingo Wireless, and a technology investor/entrepreneur.
- Thad Corea - Drummer (Wild Colonials; Blue Man Group); Jaguar Recording Studio
- Arwen Dayton - Author
- Natasha Gray - Artist/sculptor
- Vivian Gray - Actress (Dread)
- Sylvan Lionni - Artist
- Melissa McPhail - Author
- David O'Donnell - Actor/producer/writer: Air Force One; NCIS; Days of Our Lives
- Eduardo Olmos - Mayor of Torreon, Coahuila, Mexico
- Doug Rappoport - Lead guitarist (Edgar Winter)