Admiral Farragut Academy - Review #6
About the Author:
|College Enrolled||Southern Illinois University|
|Home Town, State (Country)||Sumner, IA|
|Years Attended Boarding School||3|
|Activities During Boarding School||Basketball, Track, Golf, Band, Service Academy prep group.|
1.) What do you think makes your school unique relative to other boarding schools?
Discipline. Academic Excellence..low student to teacher ratio. A plethora of extra-curricular activities available. Excellent sports support. The best prep school for the service acsdemies..esp. Annapolis.
2.) What was the best thing that happened to you in boarding school?
Gave appreciation for world affairs !! ( ie: people from all over the world attended there ) I received a great well rounded education. My military jobs and experiences after attending here, were enhanced by my Farragut training. Leadership, Discipline, and Camaraderie.
3.) What might you have done differently during your boarding school experience?
I would have done nothing different. My advice for prospective students going to a military school.......if you don't want to be there, you won't do well,.....in other words, be there for you, and not your parents.
4.) What did you like most about your school?
It taught me to be mature, and independent, but at the same time, appreciate teamwork, and the camaraderie of my fellow classmates....i still talk to 20 or so classmates from 69-70 on facebook periodically, and i graduated in 1970...46 years ago.
5.) Do you have any final words of wisdom for visiting or incoming students to your school?
Stay fit, stay active, and have fun....be a part of, ...not a lone ranger....your're all in this together !!.......and most of all, STUDY HARD !!
1.) Describe the school's town and surrounding area.
Community of St.Petersburg, Fl. was very supportive of Admiral Farragut Academy !!
2.) Describe the social life at your school - what did you like most about it?
The dances were great. There were always activities to keep you busy, if you weren't already. Most of us were.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Stanford University The most unique aspect of the school, would definitely be the Naval traditions and guidelines that the school follows. It allows for students to gain self- discipline, strive to be leaders and also have awesome. . .
- University of South Florida St. Petersburg Admiral Farragut Academy is a military college preparatory school that provides a variety of academic courses to chose from. The teachers truly care about their students and the small class sizes allow the teachers to. . .
- University of South Florida Admiral Farragut Academy is a very unique experience. With over 80 years of history and traditions, the school knows their product and execute it well. The experiences my peers and I shared was the catalyst. . .
- Columbia Southern University AFA was unique in that it's military background and focus, coupled with the Naval Science curriculum, helped establish in our minds that we were getting a first class education. Friends of mine that attended other. . .
- Jacksonville University A naval preparatory school on Bocas Ciega Bay in St. Petersburg, Fl. making it ideal for naval sciences. It has increased it's curriculum of sailing and navigation to include snorkeling, scuba diving and marine. . .
January 16, 2018
Several things make boarding school special. The learning, the community, the sports. All these and more.
January 16, 2018
Sending your son or daughter to a progressive school sounds like a real leap of faith. It is, that is, until you look more closely at the kind of education your child will receive. Then you will understand the idealism in action which progressive schools embody.
January 16, 2018
The ideas and suggestions offered here are aimed at the small to medium-sized schools which have limited marketing resources.