Loomis Chaffee - Review #2
About the Author:
|College Enrolled||Villanova University|
|Home Town, State (Country)||Cresskill, NJ|
|Years Attended Boarding School||4|
|Activities During Boarding School||Football, basketball, lacrosse.|
1.) What do you think makes your school unique relative to other boarding schools?
Good balance between day students and boarders created a non isolated feeling to the campus. Overall feeling on campus was unified and together. Smaller school population is a reason for this.
2.) What was the best thing that happened to you in boarding school?
Meeting new people from all different walks of life was the most meaningful. It helped me be more open about other cultures and taught me the importance of maintaining friendships and connections. I feel like I am more mature from my experiences at boarding school.
3.) What might you have done differently during your boarding school experience?
I would branch out more if given the chance. Try new things and do things I wasn't too comfortable. I would tell kids going off to boarding school to be open in whatever they do. Try as much as you can because the resources there are invaluable.
4.) What did you like most about your school?
The camaraderie of the school. The student life was primarily optimistic and upbeat. Everyone had a positive attitude which contributed to a great learning environment. Academics, athletics, and social life were well balanced and not too stressful.
5.) Do you have any final words of wisdom for visiting or incoming students to your school?
Appreciate the four years before it's too late!
1.) Describe the school's town and surrounding area.
Town was generally basic. Amtrak station in the town was convenient for traveling. Nearby towns had big malls and businesses. Generally a good area to send students.
2.) Describe the social life at your school - what did you like most about it?
Social life was enjoyable. Campus provided a myriad of events to partake in during the weekend giving students a choice on what to do during their free time.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Brown University The unique community feel is certainly special. As an arriving senior, it was tough to get acclimated to a place that people had been at for four years. Some other boarding schools I looked at. . .
- Villanova University Good balance between day students and boarders created a non isolated feeling to the campus. Overall feeling on campus was unified and together. Smaller school population is a reason for this.. . .
- Stonehill College The location of the school in Windsor, CT that was formed into basically an island. This provides some security and well as comfort for the students and faculty living on campus. The campus also was. . .
- Brown University The writing program was quite special. All sophomores had to take a Writing Workshop class where we were taught a particular way of enhancing our analytical skills with "interpretive sentences." We also had workjobs --. . .
- Mount Holyoke LC has a work job program and every term, you'll be assigned a new work job to carry out. You may end up cleaning the art building, or sweeping the dining hall-everyone does one because. . .
February 14, 2018
Private school mottoes speak to the high-minded purposes for which most schools were founded.
February 13, 2018
Actually, there is no secret to getting your child into boarding school. Just a lot of hard work and a heavy commitment of time.
January 12, 2018