- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12, PG
- Enrollment: 736 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $68,420
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $52,100
- Acceptance rate: 18%
- Average class size: 11 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15
- Source: Verified school update
Loomis Chaffee ranks among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 288 schools) for:
Academics and Faculty
AP / Advanced Courses
Agricultural Proctors, Brothers in Unity (affinity group for students identifying as black and male), Christian Fellowship Club, Darwin Club (outdoor club), Debate Society, Environmental Action Group, Environmental Proctors, Jewish Student Union, Literary Magazine (The Loom), Math Team, Model UN, MultiX (affinity group for students identifying as multiracial), Pa'lante (affinity group for students identifying as Latinx), PASA (Pan Asian Student Alliance), Peer Counselors, Pelican Service Organization, Pelican Support Network (PSN - peer mentors), PRISM (Multiculutural Student Organization), Robotics Team, Science Team, Shultz Fellows (political discussion group), Sisters' Circle (affinity group for students identifying as black and female), Spectrum (LGBTQ Organization), Student Council, Student Newspaper (The Log), Yearbook Club (The Confluence)
Arts and Music Programs:
A Cappellicans, Chamber Music, Chamber Singers, Chorus, Guitar Ensemble, Jazz Ensemble, Musical Revue, Orchestra, Wind Ensemble
- Loomis Chaffee accreditations: New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- George P. Shultz '38 - Former Secretary of State
- Ella T. Grasso '36 - Former Governor of Connecticut
- Diana Farrell '83 - Founding president and chief executive officer of the JPMorgan Chase Institute
- Henry R. Kravis '63 - Co-founder, co-chairman, co-CEO KKR
- James Widdoes '72 - Actor, writer, director, and producer
- Betty Gilpin '04 - Emmy-nominated television (GLOW), film, and stage acctress.
- Nana Mensah '01 - actress, writer, singer, and director
- David Edelstein '77 - Film critic for New York magazine and for National Public Radio’s Fresh Air
- Jason Wu '01 - Fashion designer (designed First Lady Michelle Obama's inaugural ball gowns and other pieces for the first lady)
- Frank Bruni ’82 - Author, journalist, The New York Times and the New York Times Magazine
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Loomis Chaffee cost?
What schools are Loomis Chaffee often compared to?
What is the acceptance rate of Loomis Chaffee?
Who are famous alumni from Loomis Chaffee?
What sports does Loomis Chaffee offer?
Does Loomis Chaffee offer a summer program?
What is Loomis Chaffee's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Loomis Chaffee?
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2011
Class of 2011
Class of 2011
University of Connecticut