- Deerfield is a place of modern, dynamic scholarship. Through an ever-evolving curriculum, Deerfield offers tools and teachers that encourage curiosity and entrepreneurial leadership in its diverse student body.
- Students` grit and determination is fortified with the support and collaboration of other scholars, as they examine the world`s most pressing problems, together.
- Deerfield`s program is enhanced by an abundance of events, clubs, invited speakers, global trips, and community-wide activities-all in support of a rigorous yet collaborative, hardworking yet joyful, student experience.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- St. Lawrence University The teacher-student relationship at Deerfield played a huge role in my Deerfield experience. First off, there is a great teacher student ratio, making class sizes small, which allows students to get to know teachers more. . .
- St. Lawrence University Deerfield is set in a historic New England village preserved from the 18th century. History and heritage are therefore prevalent in all aspects of life at the school. The campus matches the lovely. . .
- Colby College The most important things about my Deerfield experience were the relationships I fostered with peers and teachers. There is something about Deerfield that attracts interesting people and you don't have to dig deep to. . .
- Princeton University Two aspects of Deerfield that make it unique as a high school are the dynamics of a student body of 600 and the school spirit.The school has a tight-knit atmosphere because the student body is. . .
- Middlebury College Deerfield is a small school (600 students) that emphasizes community. If you pay a visit and take a tour you will hear and feel that consistently. I loved that aspect and now that I am. . .
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
Listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 326 schools) for:
- Category Attribute
- School Resources Large financial endowment
- School Resources Highest endowment/student
- Selectivity Low acceptance rates
- Offering Breadth Most sports offered
- Offering Breadth High # of AP/advanced courses offered
- Student Test Scores High average SAT scores
- Student Test Scores High SSAT scores
- School History Oldest founding date
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Deerfield Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||7-12|
|Campus Size||330 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||648 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1978||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1820 - 2160||-|
|Average ACT score||30||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||40||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$532 million||$17 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||47080||$22,730|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||86%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Charles F. Davis, Jr.|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Allison DiNardo|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||23||14|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Cycling, Dance, Diving, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Water Polo, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||41||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Albany Road Magazine, Arabic Club, Asian Students Association, Black Student Alliance, Cheerleaders, Christian Fellowship Club, Classics Club, Deerfield Scroll, Diversity Club, Environmental Action Group, Fire Department Volunteers, Food Club, French Club, Gay Straight Alliance (GSA), Green Key Club, International Student Club, Investment Club, Jewish Student Alliance, Latin American Student Alliance, Math Club, Meat Club, Multiracial Alliance, Native American Cultural Alliance, NextGenVest Club, Peer Counselors, Peer Tutors, Proctors, Robotics Club, Round Square, Student Activities, Student Council, Underwater Vehicle Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Mellow-D's, Rhapso-D's, Student Jazz Band, Student Rock Band, Ukelele and Bongo Orchestra
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Archery Club, Fly Fishing Club, Step Team
|Year: 2006 - 2010||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Univ. of Penn||29|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- School accreditations: NEASC
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- King Abdullah - King of Jordan
- John McPhee - Author
- Buddy Teevens - Collegiate football coach
- Matthew Fox - Actor
- Submit Review for Deerfield Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
May 10, 2018
The ideas and suggestions offered here are aimed at the small to medium-sized schools which have limited marketing resources.
May 09, 2018
Inevitably at some point while you are looking at boarding schools, your child will ask what it's like living at boarding school. Here are some answers to those questions.
May 03, 2018
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.