Highest Average SSAT Score
- Among "All Schools", view the boarding schools with the highest average SSAT score (2018-19).
- The Secondary School Admission Test, or SSAT, is an admissions test administered to students in grades 5-11 to help determine placement into independent or private junior high and high schools.
- Despite its similarities, the SSAT is not related to the SAT Reasoning test and is not administered by the College Board.
- A school's average SSAT score is based on a relatively small sample of students from year to year (typically less than 100 students for a graduating class).
- Average SSAT scores, then, can naturally fluctuate year to year while the quality of the overall program and strength of the student body remains consistent.
- Schools in the list below are often separated by small statistical differences, which for all intents and purposes, are not meaningful in determining the overall strength of the student body between two schools.
- A school's average SSAT score should not be interpreted as the minimum score needed to gain acceptance - a school's student body will have a wide range of students whose SSAT score falls above and below the school average.
Dana Hall School Photo - Teams sports are not the only avenue for Dana students to gain the essential health benefits of fitness and athletics.
Hill School Photo - The Hill School sets a high standard for students in their dress and appearance to express pride in themselves and their respect for one another. Academic Dress is worn throughout the academic day whenever students are in an academic or public area, chapel services, sit-down meals, required evening performance, or any other designated occasion.
The Taft School Photo - More than a century has passed since Mr. Taft founded our school. While the world and the school have changed dramatically, his fundamental values endure: work hard, without regard for public acclaim; develop all your talents: academic, artistic, and athletic; and most importantly, give of yourself to others.
Trinity-Pawling School Photo - We teach our art classes in a step-by-step manner-how to match pitch, to throw a pot, to draw a line. Even if you think you're not artistic, you'll build on these skills over time so you can develop your own creativity and awaken the artist in you.
Brewster Academy Photo - Welcome to Wolfeboro! Brewster's lakeside location provides students with a variety of resources on and off campus. Our outdoor facilities include six athletic fields, nine tennis courts, and a boathouse which provides storage and work areas for rowing shells and "420" racing sailboats. The Outdoor Skills Program takes advantage of the White Mountains for ice and rock climbing, and hiking.
Phillips Exeter Academy Photo - Every classroom at Exeter has a Harkness table, which seats a teacher and 12 students, placing students at the center of the learning process.
Asheville School Photo - Boyd Chapel. Our Core Values are perseverance, integrity, respect, and compassion.
Hoosac School Photo - Hoosac has a beautiful 350 acre campus in upstate New York. Just 3 hours by car or Amtrak from Manhattan or a short ride to Albany, NY for excellent shopping and a variety of cultural events.
Kent School Photo - Our campus is located along the shores of the Housatonic River, adjacent to the town of Kent.
Hawai'i Preparatory Academy Photo - The HPA football team plays schools on island and across the state.
Colorado Rocky Mountain School Photo - With 165 students, relationships are at the core of the Colorado Rocky Mountain School experience. This close-knit community resides on a 320-acre historic ranch, at the confluence of two rivers and base of Mount Sopris, providing not only an outdoor learning laboratory but a launch point for boundless outdoor adventure.
Midland School Photo - Midland's 10-acre certified organic garden. It currently provides 80% of the produce that our community consumes in the dining hall.
Canterbury School Photo - Canterbury's student to teacher ratio is 11:1. The curriculum is extensive.
Highest Average SSAT Score (2018-19)
Sorted by range (alphabetically within range)
- Boarding School % SSAT Grades Location
1 Elm Street
Byfield, MA 01922
Grades: 9-12 | 6-12 (day)
1415 Summit Avenue
Seattle, WA 98122
Grades: 9-12 | K-12 (day)
1500 Butterfield Road
San Anselmo, CA 94960
Grades: 7-12 | 5-12 (day)
60 Knox Lane
Wheeling, WV 26003
Grades: 9-12, PG | Pre-K-12, PG (day)
7400 San Jose Blvd.
Jacksonville, FL 32217
Grades: 8-12 | Pre-K-12 (day)
300 Garrison Forest Road
Owings Mills, MD 21117
66 School Street
Granby, MA 01033
Grades: 8-12, PG | 7-12, PG (day)
700 Route 22
Pawling, NY 12564
Top School Listings by Category (2018-19)
Your graduates can do everything on their smartphones with one click. An alumni relations app will allow them to click a gift to their alma mater. More here.
The typical three-month-long summer break gives juniors and seniors a great opportunity to explore a variety of situations and options.
Learning about a school from its website and social media pages is useful as you decide which school to choose. So is hearing what the school's alumni say about their alma mater.