- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12
- Enrollment: 366 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $66,000
- Acceptance rate: 53%
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Clean, whole, and appropriate
(Need-based and Merit aid available)
AP / Advanced Courses
Acappella, Admission Tour Guides, Amicus (Yearbook), Amnesty International Club, Audio / Video Club, Backgammon club, Beat (Rhythm & Percussion) Club, Beatbox Club, Brown & White (School Newspaper), Business Club, Chess Club, Chinese Language & Culture Club, Community Government, Cooking Club, Crosswinds, Debate Club, Disciplinary Council, Dobbs 16, Dobbs Athletic Association, Dohters, Drama Club, Earth Club, Epiphanies (Literary Magazine), Global Studies Institute, HAS (Hotchkiss Art Society), International Matters e-Magazine, Junior Peer Leaders, Knitting Club, No Limits, Onyx, Organic Garden Club, Panache, Pheonix, Polar Bear Club, Recording and Concert Production, School for the Entrepreneur, Society for Public Speaking (SPS, includes Debate, Model UN, Model Congress), Step Club, Student Council, Student Multicultural Board, Student Union for Multicultural Awareness & Action (SUMAA), Surfing and Body boarding, Tea Times, The Academy (book group), The Amicus (Yearbook), The Brown & White (Student Newspaper), Westtown Christian Fellowship, Westtown Competitive Gaming Club, Work Program
Arts and Music Programs:
Soundscapes (Music Interpretation)
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Latin/Caribbean Club, Mischianza, Ultimate Frisbee Club, Weight Lifting Club, WOC (Westtown Outing Club)
- At Westtown School, we are uncommonly invested in helping you discover your gifts, talents, passions, and sense of purpose. We believe passionately that within each of us there is a special Light, a unique wisdom, and an evolving sense of purpose. Together, we work to help you discover these within yourself.
- We don`t claim that you`ll graduate with a complete roadmap to your future, but we do know that you`ll understand how to navigate toward it. Because our thousands of alumni all say the same thing - they left Westtown with a clear sense of direction, defined interests, and the tools to continue to explore with confidence, academic preparedness, and passion.
- We will support you, our community will support you. And you will grow.
- Westtown School accreditations: Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools and the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Kevin Roose '15 - A technology columnist for the New York Times and a writer-at-large for the New York Times Magazine, the New York Times bestselling author of two books, named to Forbes' "30 Under 30" and Time's list of the 140 best Twitter feeds.
- Jullee Wilson '00 - Senior Fashion Editor at The Huffington Post, has written for Conde Nast Traveler, Vibe, Real Simple, and Parenting, in addition to serving on the advisory board for Harlem’s Fashion Row
- Don Wildman '79 - Current host and narrator of Off Limits, Mysteries at the Museum, and Monumental Mysteries on the Travel Channel, hosted and narrated Weird Travels that formerly aired on the Travel Channel
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Westtown School cost?
Westtown School's tuition is approximately $66,000 for boarding students.
What schools are Westtown School often compared to?
Westtown Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like George School by visitors of our site.
What is the acceptance rate of Westtown School?
The acceptance rate of Westtown School is 53%, which is lower than the boarding school average of 58%.
Who are famous alumni from Westtown School?
Westtown School famous alumni include: Kevin Roose '15, Jullee Wilson '00 and Don Wildman '79.
What sports does Westtown School offer?
Westtown School offers 14 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Winter Track and Wrestling.
Does Westtown School offer a summer program?
Yes, Westtown School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What is Westtown School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Westtown School?
The application deadline for Westtown School is Jan. 15 / rolling (applications are due on Jan. 15 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2018
Class of 2018
Class of 2016