- Westtown School, a Quaker Pre-K -12th grade co-ed, private, college preparatory day and boarding school, offers a challenging and diverse curriculum that emphasizes critical thinking, collaboration, service and social action.
- Since 1799, we have been committed to character education and innovation.
- We inspire and prepare our graduates to become stewards and leaders of a better world.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Bucknell University It is a very family oriented place. We're all living, working, and learning and a small space despite the acreage of the campus. Everything that happens at the school falls within a mile and a. . .
- Lafayette College One of my favorite things about Westtown is its sense of community. When you go on a tour, it's something your tour guide is sure to mention, but you don't really begin to understand what. . .
- Villanova University Prior to attending Westtown in 9th grade, I went to a public school with 1500 students. It was very hard for me there as the teachers' main priority was getting things done rather than making. . .
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute I think the senior project program was one was very unique aspect of Westtown. Allowing seniors to spend 1-2 weeks pursuing an adventure or interest they have in any part of the world whether through. . .
- Bard College I considered Westtown School to be a home away from home for fourteen years. Part of what made my experience so special was the Quaker values that the education was based off of. Time for. . .
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Westtown School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Religious Affiliation||Society of Friends||Non-denominational|
|Campus Size||640 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||366 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1720 - 1960||-|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Clean, whole, and appropriate)
|Average Class Size||15 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||55||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$85 million||$16 million|
|Tuition international students||$50,100||$47,400|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$24,500||$21,500|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||67%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Nathan Bohn|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Samantha Jordan|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||55||16|
|Courses||2-D Studio Art 3 ADV, Algebra 1ADV, Algebra 2 & Trigonometry ADV, Algebra 2 ADV, Applied Music 3 & 4, Applied Scientific Research, Arts Independent Project, Biology 1 ADV, Biology 2 ADV, British Literature, Business & Society (Religion), Calculus 1 ADV, Calculus 2 ADV, Chemistry 1 ADV, Chemistry 2 ADV, Computer Science, Drawing 4, English Independent Research, ESOL 2, Europe Since 1950, French 4, French 5, Geometry ADV, Hiroshima to 9/11 , History Independent Research, Holocaust & Genocide, Issues in Current Affairs, Jazz Ensemble 4, Language Independent Research, Latin 5, Linear Algebra, Literature Seminar, Mandarin 4, Mandarin 5, Math Independent Research, Painting 4, Peace & Justice, Physics 1 ADV, Physics 2 ADV, Portfolio Preparation, Precalculus, Printmaking 4, Religion & Social Change: Liberation, Human & Environmental Justic, Religion & Social Change: Nonviolence & Justice, Religion Independent Research, Research Ecology , Spanish 4, Spanish 5, Spanish 6, Statistics ADV, String Orchestra 4, Symphonic Band 4, The Contemplative Experience, US History ADV, Writing Seminar|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||15||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||55||23|
|Extracurriculars||Admission Tour Guides, Amicus (Yearbook), Amnesty International Club, Audio / Video Club, Beat (Rhythm & Percussion) Club, Brown & White (School Newspaper), Business Club, Chess Club, Chinese Language & Culture Club, Cooking Club, Debate Club, Disciplinary Council, Drama Club, Earth Club, Epiphanies (Literary Magazine), Fashion Club, Film Club, Front Office Receptionists, Hip Hop Club, ISO (International Student Organization), Jewish Student Union, Knitting Club, Latin Dance Club, Latino Leadership Club, Library Proctors,|
|Year: 2009 - 2014||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Franklin & Marshall||15|
|George Washington University||13|
|University of Richmond||9|
|University of Pennsylvania||8|
- Westtown School is a Pre-k- 12th grade co-educational, college preparatory Quaker day and boarding school in West Chester, PA. Westtown School offers students of all ages a life-size education: honing a keen mind, cultivating an intelligent heart and inspiring the conscience to act. Learning takes place within an atmosphere of respect for all. Challenging academics and the opportunity to solve real-world problems afford Westtown graduates the skills they need in today`s world: collaboration, communication, information literacy and a global perspective.
- School accreditations: Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools and the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
Submit Review for Westtown School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
May 18, 2017
The International Baccalaureate programmes cover the entire K-12 spectrum with three distinct educational curricula. In this article, we focus on American private high schools which offer the Diploma Programme.
May 11, 2017
In 1957-58 Peter Denis attended a boarding school in Switzerland. In this article he recounts his experiences for us.
April 26, 2017
Vision. Generosity. High-minded principles. These are the hallmarks of the benefactors of the five schools featured in this article.