Wyoming Seminary Upper School
5.00 (5 reviews)
201 North Sprague Ave.
Kingston, PA 18704
Kingston, PA 18704
Wyoming Seminary Upper School Photo #2 - Sem offers more than 160 courses spanning all major disciplines including over 25 AP courses. Sem has an 8:1 student to faculty ratio and an average class size of 13.
Wyoming Seminary Upper School Photo #3 - Wyoming Seminary has an outstanding art program and the new 16 million dollar Kirby Center for the Creative Arts.
Wyoming Seminary Upper School Photo #4 - Dormitory life at Wyoming Seminary is all-inclusive. Students from all over the world find common interests through shared living spaces and activities.
Wyoming Seminary Upper School Photo #5 - Each year Sem is home to more than 100 international students from over 20 cultures. The international influence is embraced by the Sem community and has become one of the hallmarks of a Sem education.
Wyoming Seminary Upper School Photo #6 - Sem offers an exciting range and long list of clubs, activities and leadership opportunities. Often student-initiated, these groups provide experiences not found in the classroom or on the playing fields.
Wyoming Seminary Upper School Photo #7 - Athletics at Wyoming Seminary are competitive. Sem offers several choices to student-athletes every season, and over 75% of Sem students participate in our athletic programs.
Wyoming Seminary Upper School Photo #8 - Wyoming Seminary has an excellent college counseling office that provides students with the structure that they need to matriculate at a college of their choice.
Wyoming Seminary Upper School Photo #9 - Visual and Performing Arts are a valued aspect of the Wyoming Seminary experience.
- Within an exponetially changing world, Wyoming Seminary dares to teach our students to honor and strive for the true, the beautiful and the good.
- As a college preparatory school, Wyoming Seminary seeks to create active learners, responsible citizens, community leaders and ethical individuals ready to take their place in the global community of the 21st century.
- True to our traditions and our values, Wyoming Seminary is committed to supporting promising students from varied backgrounds.
- Our curriculum emphasizes competition and collaboration, critical thinking and creativity, self-respect and respect for others.
- We challenge our students to discover their talents and their passions by offering an integrated program rich in artistic, athletic, and extracurricular opportunities that complement the school's core commitment to academic excellence, personal integrity, personal growth and community service.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Robert Morris University One aspect that makes Sem unique is Society Day. It is a campus wide event at the end of the school year. The students divide up into four teams and participate in a variety of. . .
- Roanoke College The first aspect of Wyoming Seminary that I really appreciated was the English department curriculum. Deviating from the "normal" high school English curriculum, Sem offered fun theme based trimester courses for juniors and seniors, such. . .
- Susquehanna University Diversity was and still is a huge aspect of the boarding school! The ability to learn from countless cultures and people allowed me to expand my horizon and my worldview. It made me a better. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Wyoming Seminary||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Religious Affiliation||United Methodist||Non-denominational|
|Campus Size||22 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||458 students||313 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1250||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||24||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Khaki pants and a collared shirt)
|Average Class Size||14 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||22||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$60 million||$20 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$17,000||$25,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||76%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Julie Bean|
Dustin S. Good (domestic)
|Associate Director of Admissions||Regina Allen (international)|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||22||17|
|Courses||AP Art and Music History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French Language and Culture, AP Latin, AP Music Theory, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Seminar in American Studies-History, AP Seminar in American Studies_English, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature and Culture, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art/Design, AP Studio Art/Drawing, AP U.S. Government and Politics, AP U.S. History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||14||15|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||58||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Academic Council, American Field Service, Asian Culture Club, Athletic Board, Blue Crew Orientation Committee, Blue Key, Cangineers, Culture Club, Dance, Chorus, Acting, Eco-team, Entre Nous, Entrepreneurship Club, Fine Arts Board, Flag-football, Future Business Leaders, Hispanic Honor Society, Jewish Student Group, Mandarin Club, Masque and Dagger, Numismatics Club, Opinator--student newspaper, PAC Rats (theatre technology club), Peer Mentors, Photography Club, Playmakers, Proctor, Resident Assistants, Russian Club, Science Olympiad, Science Research Group, Sock Club (charity organization), Spanish Club, Student Activities Committee, Student Advisory Board, Student Government, Student Life Council, Tap Club, TEDed, The Centipede (student newspaper), The Chameleon (student literary magazine), The Scallion, True Blue, Umoja (students of African descent), Veterinary Club, Youth In Philanthropy
Arts and Music Programs:
Dux Femina Facti, Environmental Awareness, Hydrox, Jewish Culture Club, Orienteering, Outdoor Adventure, Poetry Out Loud, Stage Crew, Student Diversity Committee, Student Goverment
Recreational Athletic Programs:
|Year: 2012 - 2016||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Penn State University||30|
|University of Pittsburgh||20|
|University of Pennsylvania||14|
|United State Naval Academy||13|
|New York University||10|
|University of Scranton||8|
- Wyoming Seminary's core values include passion for learning, leading and serving; integrity; respect; responsibility; and soundness of mind, body and spirit. The school is known for its unparelleled academics, where excellence is revered; its dynamic faculty, teachers inspiring students; unmatched diversity, where friendships overcome stereotypes; unrivaled arts, athletics and activities, in which interests become passions; and enviable outcomes--Sem transforms lives.
- LD types supported: Mild learning differences
- Wyoming Seminary Upper School accreditations: Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, University Senate of the United Methodist Church, Pennsylvania Association of Private Academic Schools
- Submit Review for Wyoming Seminary Upper School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Your graduates can do everything on their smartphones with one click. An alumni relations app will allow them to click a gift to their alma mater. More here.
The typical three-month-long summer break gives juniors and seniors a great opportunity to explore a variety of situations and options.
Learning about a school from its website and social media pages is useful as you decide which school to choose. So is hearing what the school's alumni say about their alma mater.