- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12, PG
- Enrollment: 446 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $66,900
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $39,650
- Acceptance rate: 28%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 31
- Source: Verified school update
Mercersburg Academy ranks among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 301 schools) for:
Academics and Faculty
Restrictions apply for standard dress
Asian Student Union, Baking Club, Black Student Union, Blue Key Society (tour guides), Book Club, Chess Club, Computer Science Club, Debate Club, Digital Entertainment Development Club, French Club, Gamers Club, Green Team, Humans of Mercersburg Club, Irving Literary Society, Jewish Club, Marshall Literary Society, Meditation Club, Mercersburg Inclusion Alliance, Mercersburg Jr. Classical League (Latin Club), Model United Nations, Photography Club, Rainbow Alliance, Science Club, Sixth Man Club, Spanish Club, Student Activities Committee, Student Alumni Association, Student Athlete Advisory Council, The Fifteen, The Hungry Philosophers Guild, The Mercersburg News, Voices 4 Justice, Women's Activist Club
- Founded in 1893, Mercersburg Academy is an environment that allows young people to navigate their teenage years unfettered but supported and supervised. Mercersburg has nearly 130 years of perfecting what it means to be a proving ground for college and life. With students from 32 states and 46 countries, Mercersburg is a microcosm of our global community. We offer a beautiful 300-acre campus with impressive facilities, 160 academic courses, 27 varsity sports teams, nine music, dance, and theatre ensembles, 50+ student clubs, an outdoor education program, a global travel program, and other offerings. Relationships developed here are authentic and lifelong. Our faculty have dedicated their professional careers to working with teens, and our students define themselves here and graduate inspired to change the world.
- Mercersburg Academy accreditations: Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Jimmy Stewart '28 - Academy Award-winning actor
- Benicio Del Toro '85 - Academy Award- and Golden Globe Award-winning actor
- Melvin Stewart '88 - Olympic Gold Medal swimmer
- Michael Davies '85 - Emmy Award-winning producer, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?
- Rebecca Lowe '99 - NBC sportscaster; former ESPN UK and BBC sports journalist
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Mercersburg Academy cost?
Mercersburg Academy's tuition is approximately $66,900 for boarding students and $39,650 for day students.
What is the acceptance rate of Mercersburg Academy?
The acceptance rate of Mercersburg Academy is 28%, which is lower than the boarding school average of 58%.
Who are famous alumni from Mercersburg Academy?
Mercersburg Academy famous alumni include: Jimmy Stewart '28, Benicio Del Toro '85, Melvin Stewart '88, Michael Davies '85 and Rebecca Lowe '99.
What sports does Mercersburg Academy offer?
Mercersburg Academy offers 27 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Cycling, Dance, Diving, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track and Wrestling. Mercersburg Academy is ranked as one of the top boarding schools for most sports offered.
Does Mercersburg Academy offer a summer program?
Yes, Mercersburg Academy offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What is Mercersburg Academy's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Mercersburg Academy?
The application deadline for Mercersburg Academy is Jan. 31.
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2018
University of Pennsylvania
Class of 2018
Class of 2017