- For 142 years, Perk has been about thinking beyond the box and igniting a passion for learning which lasts a lifetime.
- Starting from grade 6, Perk`s comprehensive fine arts and competitive sports programs allow students to risk becoming their best in an inclusive and diverse academic environment.
- Perk`s thirty AP courses and dedicated office of college counseling ensure that our students have the skills and tools needed to succeed beyond their time at Perk.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Cornell University One of my favorite aspects of Perkiomen is the rich diversity. Throughout my time there, my peers and mentors represented no less than 6 religions, at least 14 countries, and every income bracket.. . .
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Perkiomen School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||6-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||172 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||351 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1260 - 2230||-|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(khaki pants and polo shirt)
|Average Class Size||11 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||30||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$15 million||$16 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Abby Parish Moser|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||30||16|
|Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Chinese Language and Culture, AP Computer Science A, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French Literature, AP German Language, AP Latin, AP Macro Economics, AP Micro Economics, AP Music Theory, AP Physics B, AP Physics C Electricity and Magnetism, AP Physics C Magnetism, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art 2D Design, AP Studio Art Drawing Portfolio, AP US Government and Politics, AP US History, AP World History, Honors Algebra II and Trigonometry, Honors Ceramics, Honors Digital Photography, Honors English (Grade 10), Honors Film Foundations, Honors Geometry, Honors Pre-Calculus, Honors Studio Art|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||15||14|
|Sports||Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||23||23|
|Extracurriculars||Art and Literature Magazine, Class Officers, Cum Laude, Drama Club, Environment Club, Griffin (yearbook), Honor, International Club, Jazz Club, Math Club, Middle School Band and Strings, Middle School Chorus, Middle School Math League, Middle School Senate, Model United Nations, Perkiomen Chorale (Upper School), Reading Olympics, String Ensemble, Student Diversity and Leadership Council (SDLC), Student Newspaper, Student Senate, Tour Guides, Wind Ensemble|
- Founded in 1875, The Perkiomen School is an empowering experience that gives students the confidence to explore and grow. Our students have ambitious goals and high ideals. We provide each student with an experience uniquely combining opportunity and challenge, guidance and encouragement. Perk offers an engaging academic program and a world of possibilities in a community that feels like family.
- Located in Pennsburg, Pennsylvania, Perkiomen's 172 acre campus is home to 360 students from over 25 countries and 10 states. Classes average 12 students, with a student to faculty ratio of 7 to 1. Perkiomen is 45 minutes from Philadelphia, 2 hours from New York City, and 2 1/2 to 3 hours from Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
- Over 150 courses, including 29 AP and 10 Honors courses are offered in the Schumo Academic Center, Hollenbach Academic Center, and the Carnegie Library. Courses include Spanish, Latin, German, and Chinese, plus popular electives. Now in its third year, the iPad program was established to support teaching and learning and to expand opportunities for students to learn beyond the traditional classroom.
- School accreditations: Middle States
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Al Dubin - Composer (42nd Street, Song Writers Hall of Fame)
- General Carl Spaatz - Pioneer of Military Aviation and a Founding Father of the US Air Force
- John Cecil Holm - Playwright (Best Foot Forward, Three Men on a Horse, etc.)
- Harold Schaeffer - Medical Pioneer in the area of Immune Deficiency
- Wallace Reid - Silent Film Starr (The Roaring Road, Double Speed, Excuse My Dust)
- David Orenstein - Former CEO of Aero Bed
- David Sabin - CEO of Salton Products
- Richard Kosron - Former producer of
- Jose Morales - Major League Baseball Player
- Dustin Wimmer - Cahmpion AMA ATV Pro Motorcross Champion
Submit Review for Perkiomen School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
June 19, 2017
There are many reasons to go to boarding school. The academics, the athletics and the extracurricular activities are just a few considerations. Here are the 10 top reasons why you should go to boarding school.
June 03, 2017
Is boarding school right for you? Boarding schools offer a wealth of experiences in both learning and living which will do you well in later life.
June 03, 2017
Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you.