- For seekers of lifelong knowledge gained through transformative experiences, Perkiomen is the only college preparatory school in the Mid-Atlantic that balances the search for a fulfilling life with the demands of the new economy.
- By leveraging a close-knit community that celebrates diversity, ambition, and empathy, Perkiomen constantly innovates its educational model to give students a distinct competitive edge in their academics, careers, and lives.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Cornell University One of my favorite aspects of Perkiomen is the rich diversity. Throughout my time there, my peers and mentors represented no less than 6 religions, at least 14 countries, and every income bracket.. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|Perkiomen School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||6-12, PG||5-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||185 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||330 students||313 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal||Casual|
|Average Class Size||11 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||30||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$6,500|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Endowment Size||$15 million||$20 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Abby Parish Moser|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||30||18|
|Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Chinese Language and Culture, AP Computer Science A, AP Computer Science Principles, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French Language and Culture, AP German Language, AP Human Geography, AP Latin, AP Macro Economics, AP Micro Economics, AP Music Theory, AP Physics 1, AP Physics 2, AP Physics C Electricity and Magnetism, AP Physics Mechanics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language and Culture, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art 2D Design, AP Studio Art Drawing Portfolio, AP US Government and Politics, AP US History, Honors Algebra II and Trigonometry, Honors Ceramics, Honors Digital Photography, Honors English (Grade 10), Honors Film Foundations, Honors Geometry, Honors Pre-Calculus, Honors Studio Art|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||15||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||12||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Adjutant Yearbook, Art and Literature Magazine, Cum Laude, Reading Olympics, Student Diversity and Leadership Council (SDLC), Student Newspaper, Student Senate, Tour Guides
Arts and Music Programs:
Rock Band, Sports Club, String Ensemble, Student Council (government)
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- At Perkiomen, we know that experience is the best teacher, and that the challenges of life can only be solved by digging in, taking part, and pushing through. Our students learn to take calculated risks and to create value wherever they go.
- Our close-knit, caring, accomplished faculty create a highly participatory learning environment that encourages students to be courageous. Equally impactful is our culture of gratitude and joy. We are all teachers and learners, celebrating differences and supporting each other`s well-being, through everyday tasks and in defining moments.
- In this boarding and day environment, we all feel welcomed. Faculty and students engage and develop meaningful mentorships. And, students find lasting friendships in our globally diverse community.
- What we learn today must prepare our students for tomorrow. With a strong liberal arts foundation and future-focused innovative education, we prepare our students for college and the challenges of a new economy.
- Perkiomen School accreditations: Middle States
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Al Dubin - Composer (42nd Street, Song Writers Hall of Fame)
- General Carl Spaatz - Pioneer of Military Aviation and a Founding Father of the US Air Force
- John Cecil Holm - Playwright (Best Foot Forward, Three Men on a Horse, etc.)
- Harold Schaeffer - Medical Pioneer in the area of Immune Deficiency
- Wallace Reid - Silent Film Starr (The Roaring Road, Double Speed, Excuse My Dust)
- David Orenstein - Former CEO of Aero Bed
- David Sabin - CEO of Salton Products
- Richard Kosron - Former producer of
- Jose Morales - Major League Baseball Player
- Dustin Wimmer - Cahmpion AMA ATV Pro Motorcross Champion
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Perkiomen School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
We explore the reasons why you should send your child to boarding school
The International Baccalaureate® Diploma Programme offers a rigorous, disciplined approach to college preparation studies. We answer common questions about the IB.