- For seekers of lifelong knowledge gained through transformative experiences, Perkiomen is the only college preparatory school in the Mid-Atlantic that balances the search for a fulfilling life with the demands of the new economy.
- By leveraging a close-knit community that celebrates diversity, ambition, and empathy, Perkiomen constantly innovates its educational model to give students a distinct competitive edge in their academics, careers, and lives.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Cabrini University A unique aspect about Perk is the community feel about it, having such a small school population you really get to know everyone on campus, including faculty and staff. Because of that many students build. . .
- LaSalle Univeristy Perkiomen has three areas of institute study - Medical, Entrepreneur and Artificial Institutes. We are a boarding & day school - there is no line drawn between boarding or day students. Day students are. . .
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute While the amazing opportunities of the Maker Space and associated programs were not available yet during my time, Perk provided an environment where I and others were able to shape our school experience in incredible. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|Perkiomen School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||6-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||185 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||290 students||310 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||11 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||30||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$6,500|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Endowment Size||$15 million||$22 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Abby Parish Moser|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||30||18|
|Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Chinese Language and Culture, AP Computer Science A, AP Computer Science Principles, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French Language and Culture, AP German Language, AP Human Geography, AP Latin, AP Macro Economics, AP Micro Economics, AP Music Theory, AP Physics 1, AP Physics 2, AP Physics C Electricity and Magnetism, AP Physics Mechanics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language and Culture, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art 2D Design, AP Studio Art Drawing Portfolio, AP US Government and Politics, AP US History, Honors Algebra II and Trigonometry, Honors Ceramics, Honors Digital Photography, Honors English (Grade 10), Honors Film Foundations, Honors Geometry, Honors Pre-Calculus, Honors Studio Art|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||15||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||20||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Art and Literature Magazine, Art Club, Cum Laude, Dance Club, Guitar Club, Meditation Club, Model United Nations, Reading Olympics, Robotics Club, Student Diversity and Leadership Council (SDLC), Student Newspaper, Student Senate, Tour Guides, TV Studio, Yearbook Club, Yoga Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Rock Band, Sports Club, String Ensemble, Student Council (government)
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- At Perkiomen, we know that experience is the best teacher, and that the challenges of life can only be solved by digging in, taking part, and pushing through. Our students learn to take calculated risks and to create value wherever they go.
- Our close knit, caring, accomplished faculty create a highly participatory learning environment that encourages students to be courageous. Equally impactful is our culture of gratitude and joy. We are all teachers and learners, celebrating differences and supporting each other`s well-being, through everyday tasks and in defining moments.
- In this boarding and day environment, we all feel welcomed. Faculty and students engage and develop meaningful mentorships. And, students find lasting friendships in our globally diverse community.
- What we learn today must prepare our students for tomorrow. With a strong liberal arts foundation and future-focused innovative education, we prepare our students for college and the challenges of a new economy.
- Perkiomen School accreditations: Middle States
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Al Dubin - Composer (42nd Street, Song Writers Hall of Fame)
- General Carl Spaatz - Pioneer of Military Aviation and a Founding Father of the US Air Force
- John Cecil Holm - Playwright (Best Foot Forward, Three Men on a Horse, etc.)
- Harold Schaeffer - Medical Pioneer in the area of Immune Deficiency
- Wallace Reid - Silent Film Starr (The Roaring Road, Double Speed, Excuse My Dust)
- David Orenstein - Former CEO of Aero Bed
- David Sabin - CEO of Salton Products
- Richard Kosron - Former producer of
- Jose Morales - Major League Baseball Player
- Dustin Wimmer - Cahmpion AMA ATV Pro Motorcross Champion
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Perkiomen School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Several things make boarding school special. The learning, the community, the sports. All these and more.
A private school in its infancy is quite different from the mature community it becomes over time. I wonder what the founders of these five schools would think about them today. I bet they would be very proud of their creations.
Sending our children off to boarding school in the fall of 2020 raises questions about their safety and other corona virus issues. We address some of your concerns here.