- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12, PG
- Enrollment: 465 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $66,500
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $46,500
- Acceptance rate: 18%
- Average class size: 11 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
business casual; no denim
AP / Advanced Courses
Club or Organization:
Academic Honor Committee, Blair Girls Who Code, Blair Literary Magazine, Blue and White Key, Drone Club, Earth Club, Hand Bells, Oriocos, Photo Silkscreen, Research Activity, Stagecraft, Student Plays (by audition only), TEAM, The Forum, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
A Capella, Blair Academy Dancers, Red Inc., Student Rock Bands, Study Skills, Theatre and the Arts, Video Production, Wind Symphony
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Headmasters' Societies Competitions, The Annual (school yearbook)
- Founded in 1848, Blair Academy is a dynamic, coeducational boarding school that engages 469 students in grades nine through twelve. On our historic campus, located 65 miles from New York City innorthwestern New Jersey, students pursue a superior college preparatory education amid a rich, vibrantcommunity life.Strong student-teacher relationships are at the heart of the Blair experience. Expert faculty membersteach our classes to exacting standards, yet, at the same time, they truly know-and care about-ourstudents as scholars, leaders, athletes, artists, friends and individuals. This knowledge fosterspersonalized learning opportunities and leads to higher academic achievement as students arecontinually challenged to reach their full potential.At Blair, two faculty members mentor each student as he or she explores passions and interests in andout of the classroom. Our robust curriculum offers core courses and innovative electives, including morethan 50 honors, Advanced Placement and post-AP classes, and our emphasis on effectivecommunication ensures students learn how to clearly articulate ideas and knowledge. Blair boasts a fineand performing arts program of depth, breadth and diversity. Regular art exhibits and theatricalproductions, instrumental and choral ensembles, and eclectic courses invite students to develop theircreativity. Fine art and technology intersect in the Chiang Center for Innovation and Collaboration, astate-of-the art learning hub where intellectual discourse, discovery and partnership are fostered inacademic spaces, including media production and art studios, a maker space and Collaboration Forum.Blair has a broad athletics program that emphasizes teamwork, resilience, self-discipline andsportsmanship. Students may choose from among 28 varsity and 18 JV and thirds teams in traditionalhigh school sports, as well as golf, skiing, squash and crew. A host of clubs, weekend events and time tosimply relax with friends round out the Blair experience, giving students myriad opportunities todiscover their best selves.In all of our offerings, Blair prepares our students for success. Leadership education and meaningfulservice initiatives are infused throughout our community and curriculum, and students at every levellearn and practice effective communication, team-based problem solving, ethical decision making andcross-cultural relationship building. Each is a critical skill that will not only help Blair graduatesdistinguish themselves at top colleges and universities, but, more importantly, find professional andpersonal fulfillment by making a difference in their communities and in the world.
- Blair Academy accreditations: Middle States; TABS; NJAIS
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Blair Academy cost?
Blair Academy's tuition is approximately $66,500 for boarding students and $46,500 for day students.
What is the acceptance rate of Blair Academy?
The acceptance rate of Blair Academy is 18%, which is lower than the boarding school average of 58%. Blair Academy's acceptance rate is ranked as one of the top boarding schools with low acceptance rates.
What sports does Blair Academy offer?
Blair Academy offers 22 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, Winter Track and Wrestling.
What is Blair Academy's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Blair Academy?
The application deadline for Blair Academy is Jan. 15 / rolling (applications are due on Jan. 15 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2018
University of Southern California
Class of 2015
Columbia University in the City of New York
Class of 2015