Located in Manhattan's most historic neighborhood, the Financial District, Lman Manhattan provides students with a rigorous academic program in the world's most dynamic, international education setting.
We are home to students ranging from 12 months old to grade 12, and New York City's only boarding program.
Lman offers the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program, recognized as the gold standard in college preparatory curriculum, and highly respected by top universities worldwide.
Lman graduates are engaged global citizens and confident leaders with a sense of purpose.
- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12
- Enrollment: 600 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $93,000
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Definition of Terms | 2023 School Data
Léman Manhattan Preparatory School
Boarding School Avg.
Grades Offered (Boarding)
Grades Offered (Day)
% International Students
% Students Boarding
Offers Post-Grad Year
Academics and Faculty
Classroom Dress Code
Average Class Size
* National Avg. »18
Student : Teacher Ratio
Number of IB Courses Offered
ESL Courses Offered
% Faculty with Advanced Degree
Summer Program Offered
(5 Day Boarding)
(5 Day Boarding)
Merit Scholarships Offered
None / Rolling
Director of Admissions
Associate Director of Admissions
10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)
- Located in the heart of New York City's most historic district, Lman Manhattan Preparatory School is a co-educational independent learning community and International Baccalaureate World School committed to educating, empowering and inspiring students from early childhood through 12th grade to be confident, independent critical thinkers.
- As the only boarding school in New York City, Lman offers students an unparalleled high school experience, ranging from internships at Manhattan's best medical institutions to weekend excursions to 5th Avenue and Broadway.
- Lman cultivates student leaders with an array of talents across academics, fine arts, athletics and community service, demonstrated through strong college placement.
- At Lman, our goal is to ignite the full academic potential of every student through rigorous academics, personalized instruction, a diverse global perspective and partnership with parents and our community - the four pillars of a Lman education that distinguish our school. Lman's exceptional faculty and staff promote intellectual, emotional and social growth while emphasizing problem-solving and critical thinking - traits in demand among top universities and employers.
- We are a school committed to building the next generation of global citizens. As an International Baccalaureate World School, our students graduate as engaged leaders who excel in collaboration, communication, resilience, cultural awareness and compassion. At Lman, children thrive academically and contribute to a dynamic school community that prepares them for acceptance to selective colleges and provides them with a sense of purpose as they enter the world beyond our school.
- In addition to providing outstanding academic opportunities, Lman offers a robust array of learning experiences for students across the arts, athletics, technology, and service. Our "whole child" approach enables students to identify and pursue their passions, celebrate their accomplishments, and differentiate themselves in the pursuit of their college admissions goals.
- Through our talented specialist faculty, wealth of student choice in course offerings, partnerships with esteemed local and global organizations, and unparalleled facilities, Lman students have access to horizon-changing learning opportunities in and out of the classroom. Our mission is to cultivate curious, engaged learners students who pursue excellence across a range of disciplines and emerge from the Lman experience as principled young adults with a sense of purpose.
- Lman students have ample opportunities to participate in sports ranging from basketball and volleyball to golf and swimming. With access to two indoor pools, a rock-climbing wall, a full gymnasium, and the city's many fields and parks Lman students are challenged to achieve their personal best. Through organized and individual activities, students learn to set goals, develop the discipline required to meet them, and celebrate their achievements.
- Lman features a vibrant Fine Arts program in music, theater, and visual art. We believe artistic experiences enrich students' lives, cultivate creative and inventive thought, and provide unique opportunities for self-discovery and reflection. Lman students are consistently involved in the arts from Pre-K through High School, which supports them in refining skills, appreciating various art forms, and enhancing creativity. Our numerous signature programs demonstrate our commitment to the arts as an integral part of a Lman education.
- As an IB World School, technology supports our commitment to educating, empowering, and inspiring students to make thoughtful choices and global connections as informed and engaged citizens of the world. Technology is an essential part of a student's life at Lman and is integrated throughout the curriculum to further support our students' path to digital responsibility and global citizenship in the 21st century. From our Early Childhood WonderLab which introduces the youngest of learners to the fundamentals of coding and engineering to High School offerings in Computer Science and Digital Music, Lman embraces a forward-thinking, innovative approach to technology integration to enhance student learning.
- Léman Manhattan Preparatory School accreditations: International Baccalaureate World School, New York Association of Independent Schools, Middle States Association
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Léman Manhattan Preparatory School cost?
Léman Manhattan Preparatory School's tuition is approximately $93,000 for boarding students.
What is Léman Manhattan Preparatory School's ranking?
Léman Manhattan Preparatory School ranks among the top 20 boarding schools for High percent faculty with advanced degrees.
When is the application deadline for Léman Manhattan Preparatory School?
The application deadline for Léman Manhattan Preparatory School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
View the Léman Manhattan Preparatory School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Presidents Day/World Social Justice Day (School Closed)
February 19, 2024 (Monday)
Spring Break Begins (Dismissal at 3:00 PM)
March 15, 2024 (Friday)
March 18, 2024 (Monday)
March 25, 2024 (Monday)
Faculty/Staff Professional Development Day (School Closed for Students)
April 01, 2024 (Monday)
5 Tips for Applying for a Boarding School Job
Whether you're a seasoned educator or just starting your teaching career, these tips will help you navigate the competitive landscape of boarding school job applications. Discover the strategies that can make your application stand out and increase your chances of landing a job at a boarding school.
How I Made Latin One of the Most Popular Classes
Discover the fascinating journey of how Latin became one of the most popular classes in my school. Join me as I share my experiences, strategies, and insights from my years of teaching Latin, and making it an engaging and sought-after subject for students.
January 02, 2024Landing Your Dream Job in a Boarding School: Tips and Guidance
Discover the secrets to successfully securing a teaching position in a private school with our comprehensive guide. We'll walk you through the online application process, offer tips on polishing your application, and provide insights into the specific requirements and expectations of boarding schools. Whether you're a seasoned educator or new to the field, this article will help you stand out and land your dream job in a boarding school.