- Grades: (Boarding) 8-12, PG
- Enrollment: 222 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $55,000
- Acceptance rate: 45%
- Average class size: 9 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Business Casual Wednesdays & Saturdays
(Need Based and Merit Scholarship )
AP / Advanced Courses
- Hoosac is a caring community that prides itself on focusing on the individual. While we are a rigorous academic school, our mastery teaching approch provides students with personal contact with faculty to better prepare them for the rigor of college. At Hoosac, we believe that every student has a passion. Our mission is to develop that passion and provide the structure and tools so that every student may realize thier fullest potential going into college. Through Academics, the Arts, Athletics and Residential Life a Hoosac student becomes well rounded and confident that they will succeed at whatever they endeavor to become.
- Hoosac School accreditations: Middle States, New York State Association of Independent Schools
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Burgess Meredith '26 - Starred as the trainer in the "Rocky" movies as well as the Penguin in "Batman".
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Hoosac School cost?
Hoosac School's tuition is approximately $55,000 for boarding students.
What is the acceptance rate of Hoosac School?
The acceptance rate of Hoosac School is 45%, which is lower than the boarding school average of 58%.
Who are famous alumni from Hoosac School?
Hoosac School famous alumni include: Burgess Meredith '26.
What sports does Hoosac School offer?
Hoosac School offers 22 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Dance, Golf, Ice Hockey, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering, Nordic Skiing, Rugby, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track, Track and Field and Volleyball. Hoosac School is ranked as one of the top boarding schools for most sports offered.
What is Hoosac School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Hoosac School?
The application deadline for Hoosac School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).