- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12, PG
- Enrollment: 90 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $62,000
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $38,000
- Average class size: 9 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
(5 Day Boarding)
- Buxton is an intentionally small, coeducational, boarding and day school, situated on a historic family estate in Williamstown, Massachusetts, amid the beauty of the Berkshire mountains. Founded over 90 years ago as a progressive school, we believe a student`s whole experience here is part of their education and what goes on outside the classroom is just as important as what goes on inside.
- Students are nurtured and challenged intellectually, artistically, emotionally and morally. We accomplish this through rigorous academics, a varied and active arts program, a caring faculty and a community of people who all work to create a growth-promoting, meaningful experience for students.
- At Buxton we not only believe in community, we live it, day in and day out. Family-style meals, wake-up or bed-check, Friday night recreation, raking leaves together, or going to the local coffeehouse to chat help us create a compelling community of learners, workers, thinkers and artists. Buxton thrives on a fusion of races, religions, socio-economic backgrounds, personalities and talents. Our intimate, diverse culture helps students form meaningful relationships with people from a variety of backgrounds. The differences we bring to Buxton serve to enrich all that we experience at school and in the larger world. Our outstanding college admission record is not an end in itself but rather a natural outcome of the demanding academics and varied life we live at Buxton.
- Buxton School accreditations: NAIS, NEASC, MA DEPT. OF ED.
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Peter Shumlin - Governor of Vermont
- Christian Parenti - Journalist and writer
- Philip Rickey - Sculptor
- Justin Theroux - Actor
- Frank Wood - Actor
- Marco Williams - Documentary Film Maker
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Buxton School cost?
Buxton School's tuition is approximately $62,000 for boarding students and $38,000 for day students.
Who are famous alumni from Buxton School?
Buxton School famous alumni include: Peter Shumlin, Christian Parenti, Philip Rickey, Justin Theroux, Frank Wood and Marco Williams.
What sports does Buxton School offer?
Buxton School offers 5 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Dance, Soccer and Ultimate Frisbee.
When is the application deadline for Buxton School?
The application deadline for Buxton School is Feb. 1 / rolling (applications are due on Feb. 1 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2016
Class of 2013
Univeristy to Lübeck
Class of 2007
View the Buxton School yearly calendar below.