5.00 (10 reviews)
Tel: (978) 725-6272
1160 Great Pond Road
North Andover, MA 01845
North Andover, MA 01845
Brooks School Photo #2 - Brooks competes well in the Independent School League and NEPSAC, having won many league and New England Championships in the last ten years.
Brooks School Photo #5 - Winter Term! The Step Up and Stomp class attends a performance in New York City.
Brooks School Photo #6 - In the classroom, Brooks students benefit from a low student-to-faculty ratio (5:1) and an academic philosophy that encourages hands-on learning. Teachers are available even after the school day is over, often providing extra help over dinner or during study hall in the dormitories.
Brooks School's mission to provide the most meaningful educational experience our students will have in their lives.
Brooks School provides a co-educational, college preparatory program for 345 students on a 251-acre campus overlooking Lake Cochichewick.
THE CENTER FOR THE ARTS IS OPEN! Come see our new $28 million facility-the perfect home for our robust art program.
Brooks offers a challenging academic curriculum that includes 19 advanced placement courses in addition to honors courses.
Brooks' Exchange Program offers opportunities to study abroad in Europe, Africa, and South America.
A unique summer science program, Students on the Forefront of Science places juniors at labs at MIT and Harvard and on the coast of Canada in Labrador.
Winter Term is an intense, three-week, one-topic course of study held each January. The goal of Winter Term is to put into practice the concept of "depth over breadth."
On the stage and in the gallery, visual and performing arts are an integral part of school life, while on the athletic fields numerous teams have won New England or league championships in recent years.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Bates College Be prepared for a 6-day class week at Brooks. While Saturday classes are a requirement, schedules even out with a half day schedule on Wednesdays. . .
- Boston College The community at Brooks, including teachers, staff and students, all share an extremely tight-knit bond that I've never experienced at any other institution. Teachers care about the students, and get to know them extremely well. . .
- Lake Forest College One quality of Brooks that I am not sure is unique but will always stick out in my mind is the quality of the college counseling office. I do not believe I would have had. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2021 School Data
|Brooks School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||251 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||353 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Weekly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Alternates between "academic" and formal.)
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1||7:1|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||17||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Endowment Size||$79.207 million||$25 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$45,000|
(All need based)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Bini Egertson|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||17||18|
|Courses||Biology, Calculus (AB), Calculus (BC), Chemistry, Chinese, Computer Science, English Literature, Environmental Science, French, Latin, Microeconomics, Music Theory, Physics, Spanish, Spanish Literature, Statistics, Studio Art, U.S. History, World History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||17||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Tennis, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||36||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Affinity Groups, Ashburn Society, Asian American Association, Beatbox Club, Black Student Union, Brooks Brothers and Sisters, Brooks Improv Group (B.I.G.), Campus Activity Board, Chess Club, Choir, Community Service Club, Debating Society, Drama, Engineering Club, Environmental Group, Gender Sexuality Alliance, Intersection Magazine, Jewish Student Organization, Math Team, Still Waters Literary Journal, Students Embracing Culture, The Tavern Publication, Tour Guides, Women's Inc., Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
A Capella, Art Association, Bishop's Bells, Book Club, Chapel, Dance Club, Human Rights
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Fitness Club, Ultimate Frisbee, Winter Outdoor Sports, Yoga
|Year: 2021||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Richmond||3|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Newly opened-our brand new $28 million Center for the Arts. Featuring an abundance of practice spaces, community meeting areas, and state of the art technology, it is a perfect space for the arts in the middle of the campus.
- Brooks has three unique programs we encourage you to learn more about: Students on the Forefront of Science, Winter Term, and our Exchange Program.
- The goal of Winter Term is to put into practice the concept of "depth over breadth," something that supports the school`s mission of providing the most meaningful educational experiences Brooks students will have. The single-course structure of Winter Term allows students and faculty to work together even more closely than they do in regular classes.
- The Students on the Forefront of Science Program is an initiative developed by the Science Department at Brooks School. The goal of the program is to provide rising sixth-formers (between junior and senior year) with innovative experiences that will expose them to research, technology, and advanced studies in the sciences.
- Our Exhange Program, founded in 1986, promotes the global education of students from Brooks and its partner schools in Botswana, Hungary, Morocco, Scotland, Spain and Peru. By living abroad as residents in other school communities, our students are challenged to extend themselves to another place, another culture, another people and, most importantly, to be affected by them, to be changed by them.
- Something exciting is always going on here, so please make an appointment to come visit us in person or virtually.
- Brooks School accreditations: NEASAC, TABS
Profile last updated: 07/27/2021
- Submit Review for Brooks School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Thinking about making a major gift to your school? How about endowing a faculty chair? More here.
American boarding schools have always welcomed international students. Rigorous academic programs, extensive athletic programs, and a wide range of extracurricular activities attract students from all over the world.
Admissions to boarding school is a process with many components. The process can be confusing to parents dealing with boarding school admissions for the first time. We guide you through the process.