5.00 (10 reviews)
1160 Great Pond Road
North Andover, MA 01845
North Andover, MA 01845
Brooks School Photo #2 - In the classroom, Brooks students benefit from a low student-to-faculty ratio (5:1) and an academic philosophy that encourages hands-on learning. Teachers are available even after the school day is over, often providing extra help over dinner or during study hall in the dormitories.
Brooks School Photo #4 - Brooks competes well in the Independent School League and NEPSAC, having won many league and New England Championships in the last ten years.
- Brooks School's mission to provide the most meaningful educational experience our students will have in their lives.
- Brooks School provides a co-educational, college preparatory program for 360 students on a 251-acre campus overlooking Lake Cochichewick.
- THE CENTER FOR THE ARTS IS OPEN! Come see our new $28 million facility-the perfect home for our robust art program.
- Small classes allow students to work closely with teachers, fostering a relationship that is at the core of the warm, close-knit community.
- With a challenging academic curriculum that includes 17 advanced placement courses, Brooks also offers opportunities to study abroad in Europe and Africa.
- A unique summer science program places juniors at labs at MIT and Harvard and on the coast of Canada in Labrador.
- On the stage and in the gallery, visual and performing arts are an integral part of school life, while on the athletic fields numerous teams have won New England or league championships in recent years.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Bates College Be prepared for a 6-day class week at Brooks. While Saturday classes are a requirement, schedules even out with a half day schedule on Wednesdays. . .
- Boston College The community at Brooks, including teachers, staff and students, all share an extremely tight-knit bond that I've never experienced at any other institution. Teachers care about the students, and get to know them extremely well. . .
- Lake Forest College One quality of Brooks that I am not sure is unique but will always stick out in my mind is the quality of the college counseling office. I do not believe I would have had. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Brooks School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||251 acres||106 acres|
|Enrollment||360 students||318 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Weekly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Alternates between "academic" and formal.)
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:5||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||17||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$76.915 million||$20 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$44,565|
(All need based)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||65%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Bini Egertson|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||17||17|
|Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus (AB), Calculus (BC), Chemistry, Chinese, Computer Science, English Literature, Environmental Science, European History, French, Latin, Physics, Spanish, Spanish Literature, U.S. Government and Politics, U.S. History, World History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||17||15|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Tennis, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||30||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Affinity Groups, Ashburn Society, Asian American Association, Beatbox Club, Brooks Brothers and Sisters, Brooks Improv Group (B.I.G.), Campus Activity Board, Chess Club, Choir, Community Service Club, Debating Society, Drama, Engineering Club, Environmental Group, Gender Sexuality Alliance, Intersection Magazine, Jewish Student Organization, Students Embracing Culture, The Tavern Publication, Tour Guides, Vocal Music, Women's Inc., Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
A Capella, Art Association, Bishop's Bells, Book Club, Chapel, Dance Club, Human Rights
|Year: 2008 - 2012||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|George Washington Unviversity||21|
|College of Charleston||12|
|University of Denver||12|
|St. Lawrence University||11|
|University of Vermont||11|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Newly opened-our brand new $28 million Center for the Arts. Featuring an abundance of practice spaces, community meeting areas, and state of the art technology, it is a perfect space for the arts in the middle of the campus.
- The goal of Winter Term is to put into practice the concept of "depth over breadth," something that supports the school`s mission of providing the most meaningful educational experiences Brooks students will have. The single-course structure of Winter Term allows students and faculty to work together even more closely than they do in regular classes.
- Chace House, opened in September of 2012. A "green" dormitory, it features a state of the art common room, outside patio and gathering area, and both single and double rooms.
- In the fall of 2008, Brooks unveiled its new "green" science building. It houses three state of the art laboratories, a lecture hall, and plenty of open space in which students and faculty can interact. The new science bulding complements Brooks' other outstanding facilities including newly constructed athletic facilities. The main gym has three hard wood courts, a fitness center/weight room overlooking the courts, and a wrestling room. Attached to the gym is the newly renovated ice hockey rink. The squash/rowing center features 10 international size squash courts and two indoor rowing tanks. This facility is unique amongst small boarding schools.
- Something exciting is always going on here, so please make an appointment to come visit us!
- Brooks School accreditations: NEASAC, TABS
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Brooks School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Graduates of boarding schools end up doing all sorts of things. Many of them become distinguished leaders in their chosen fields.
This cry is heard throughout the land as parents try desperately to compare one boarding school against another.
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.