39 School Street, P.O. Box 8000
Ashburnham, MA 01430
Ashburnham, MA 01430
- "Founded in 1865, Cushing is an independent, college preparatory school for girls and boys in grades 9 through 12 and post-graduate.
- Our beautiful 162-acre campus is located in Ashburnham, Mass., just one hour west of Boston.
- Cushing is the school that students from all over the world go to get connected and develops curious, creative and confident learners and leaders.".
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Pitzer College It's a place where they not only encourage students to go out and make a difference, but they help make that possible by supporting student endeavors. A lot of what happens at the school is. . .
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Cushing Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||162 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||400 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Weekly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||15||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$42 million||$16 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$24,000||$21,582|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Catherine Pollock|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Meredith Colicchie|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||19||14|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Figure Skating, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||42||23|
|Extracurriculars||A Capella, Aerobics, Big/Little Siblings, Black Student Union, Book Lovers on Thursday (BLT), Chamber, Christian Fellowship Club, Community Service Club, Current Events Club, Cushing Chorus, Dance Club, Ethics Committee, Extreme Baseball League, Figure Skating, Horseback Riding, Instructional Ice Hockey, Instructional Tennis, Instrumental, Kush (Radio Station), Literature Live, Martial Arts, Model UN, Multicultural Awareness Club, Muslin Student Association, Open Doors,|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Cushing Academy, an independent, coeducational boarding school for students in grades 9-12 and post-graduate, centers its curriculum around the Cushing Institute for 21st Century Leadership. Designed to foster and develop leadership skills today`s students will need to thrive amid the challenges and opportunities of this new century, the Institute shapes all of Cushing`s demanding and provocative course offerings and directly engages students with distinguished speakers, internships, and global travel. Founded in 1865, the Academy is home to students from over 28 countries and 26 states, with rigorous and renowned programs in academics, arts and athletics. The 162-acre campus is located in a bucolic setting approximately one hour west of Boston, Massachusetts.
- LD types supported: Language Based Learning Differences and Mild Learning Differences
- School accreditations: NEASC
Submit Review for Cushing Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
June 19, 2017
There are many reasons to go to boarding school. The academics, the athletics and the extracurricular activities are just a few considerations. Here are the 10 top reasons why you should go to boarding school.
June 03, 2017
Is boarding school right for you? Boarding schools offer a wealth of experiences in both learning and living which will do you well in later life.
June 03, 2017
Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you.