Eagle Hill School
5.00 (2 reviews)
P.O. Box 116 , 242 Old Petersham Road, Hardwick, MA 01037
- Eagle Hill School is a co-educational college preparatory boarding school that provides an individualized education for students identified with language based learning (dis)abilities including Dyslexia, Dysgraphia and ADHD (inattentive type).
- Eagle Hill is an IB World School that offers the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme in addition to our traditional high school diploma.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Dean College What makes EHS different is the faculty and staff, because they are all like family to the students. They have all seen us through the best and worst of our days and have never given. . .
- Hofstra University The Eagle Hill School in Hardwick, MA, is an institution that that stands out among the rest. The faculty at EHS provide their students with the attention and patience that most schools do not or. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Eagle Hill School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||210 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||220 students||313 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||21||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(khaki pants or skirt, button down collared shirts, skirts, )
|Average Class Size||6 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||10||17|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||12||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$10,420|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Endowment Size||$8 million|
(Ongoing $50M Comprehsive Campaign)
(Academic Year - 2019-2020 )
(Academic Year - 2019-2020 )
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$50,000||$23,500|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Mr. Dana Harbert|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Mrs. Gale Young|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||10||17|
|Courses||Eagle Hill is an authorized IB World School offering the IB Diploma Programme., Rather than an AP course, students choose to do an Honors Project supervised by a faculty member from the appropriate department.|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||15||15|
|Sports||Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||56||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Adopt a Grandparent Club, Arts and Crafts Club, Community Art Show, Create Expressively with Unusual Materials, Cultural Diversity, Design and Make Jewelry, Develop Critical Thinking, Donate and Develop a Sense of Responsibility, Establish a relationship with the Elderly, Fencing, Freewheeling Musical Creativity, Future Educators, Gardening and Plant Care, Go Club, Go Green, Gormet Food, Horticulture Club, Introduction to Russian Culture and Cooking, Jewelry Club, Karaoke Club, Learn How to Raise and Train a Puppy, Magic, Mock Trail Club, Music Jam Club, Novel Club, Nutrition and Healthy Snacks, Paint Ball, Photo Yearbook Club, Puppy Playtime Club, Read, Write, Think, Reading and Speaking, Red Cross Blood Club, Respect, Robotics, Russian Club, Self Awarness, Self Discipline and Concentration, Snack Attack, Snow Shoe Club, Spend Time Exercising in the New England Woods, Sportsmanship, Take Photos for Publication, Teamwork, To Improve Cognitive Ability, To learn About and care for all Living Organisms, To Sing Different Genres of Music and Have Fun, To Write Scripts and Convert into Storyboards, Wood Shop, Zoo Keepers Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Backstage Area and Equipment Functions, Music and Drama Departments Join Together for Two Full Scale Productions a Year, Stage Crew Club, Theatre Production
Recreational Athletic Programs:
|Year: 2013 - 2018||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|High Point University||10|
|Sacred Heart University||10|
|University of Arizona||5|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- "A personalized education, a traditional prep-school experience" Founded in 1967, Eagle Hill School is the premier co-educational, college preparatory boarding school for students in grades 8-12 diagnosed with learning (dis)abilities and ADD. Eagle Hill provides a college preparatory school curriculum with individualized attention. Each student has a course of study designed for his specific needs.
- Our 200+ acre campus presents a serene and nurturing environment in which our students can focus on their academics and student life. Eagle Hill accepts motivated students with learning differences such who have average to above average cognitive abilities. Our students' profiles include children with a variety of language-based learning (dis)abilities such as Dyslexia, ADHD, Executive Functioning, Dysgraphia, and Dyscalculia.
- EHS boasts a 99% college matriculation rate to colleges and universities throughout the United States. Our average graduating class is 38. Our students' college matriculation is very diverse as you will see in our matriculation list.
- Eagle Hill is pioneering a cutting-edge program with Dr. Ratey, the author of "Spark" which will revolutionize the way we incorporate exercise and education to further enhance our students' cognitive abilities.
- Our five-week summer camp for students ages 10-18 provides intensive academic skill development, a wide variety of afternoon elective courses such as woodworking, swimming, and graphic arts as well as evening clubs such as horseback riding, fishing, photography, and art club. Click here to learn more about our summer program.
- LD types supported: Dyslexia, Language-Based Learning Disability, ADD, ADHD, NLD
- Eagle Hill School accreditations: NEASC, TABS, NAIS, AISNE
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Frank P. Cochrane ‘70 - President, Investment Timing Consultants, Inc.
- Gurdon (Stan )Wattles '75 - Former Formula 1, Indy Car and International Sports Cars Driver Founder of Metro Racing Systems and GSW Enterprises, LLC Current Board Member: National Center for Learning Disabilities
- Patrick Taylor McQuown '89 - Inventor, Entrepreneur and Co-founder and President, Proteus Director of Entrepreneurship, James Madison University Two-time Technology and Engineering Emmy Award winner MIT TR 100; granted 2004; MIT Technology Review Magazine's Top 100 people under 35
- Max Silver '06 - Entrepreneur and Founder, Vertical Groove Golf
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Eagle Hill School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
Here then are a dozen boarding schools which charge approximately $20,000 per year or less for tuition, room and board.
You and I have experienced all kinds of travel glitches. Discuss your child's upcoming travel plans thoroughly so that your child will be safe and in charge of her travel. The result will be peace of mind for you both.