Eagle Hill School
- Grades: (Boarding) 8-12
- Enrollment: 220 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $84,450
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $60,500
- Acceptance rate: 23%
- Average class size: 6 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
khaki pants or skirt, button down collared shirts, skirts,
(Ongoing $50M Comprehensive Campaign)
(Academic Year - 2021-2022)
(Academic Year - 2021-2022)
Mrs. Sue Cranford
AP / Advanced Courses
Adopt a Grandparent Club, Arts and Crafts Club, Community Art Show, Create Expressively with Unusual Materials, Cultural Diversity, Design and Make Jewelry, Develop Critical Thinking, Donate and Develop a Sense of Responsibility, Establish a relationship with the Elderly, Fencing, Freewheeling Musical Creativity, Future Educators, Gardening and Plant Care, Go Club, Go Green, Gormet Food, Horticulture Club, Introduction to Russian Culture and Cooking, Jewelry Club, Karaoke Club, Learn How to Raise and Train a Puppy, Magic, Mock Trail Club, Music Jam Club, Novel Club, Nutrition and Healthy Snacks, Paint Ball, Photo Yearbook Club, Puppy Playtime Club, Read, Write, Think, Reading and Speaking, Red Cross Blood Club, Respect, Robotics, Russian Club, Self Awarness, Self Discipline and Concentration, Snack Attack, Snow Shoe Club, Spend Time Exercising in the New England Woods, Sportsmanship, Take Photos for Publication, Teamwork, To Improve Cognitive Ability, To learn About and care for all Living Organisms, To Sing Different Genres of Music and Have Fun, To Write Scripts and Convert into Storyboards, Wood Shop, Zoo Keepers Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Backstage Area and Equipment Functions, Music and Drama Departments Join Together for Two Full Scale Productions a Year, Stage Crew Club, Theatre Production
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- A personalized education, a traditional prep-school experience" Founded in 1967, Eagle Hill School is the premier co-educational, college preparatory boarding school for students in grades 8-12 identified with diverse learning profiles. Eagle Hill provides a college preparatory school curriculum with individualized attention. Each student has a course of study designed for his specific needs.
- Our 200+ acre campus presents a serene and nurturing environment in which our students can focus on their academics and student life. Eagle Hill accepts motivated students with learning differences such who have average to above average cognitive abilities. Our students' profiles include children with a variety of language-based learning differences such as Dyslexia, ADHD, Executive Functioning, Dysgraphia, and Dyscalculia.
- Eagle Hill boasts a 96% college matriculation rate to colleges and universities throughout the United States. Our average graduating class is 38. Our students' college matriculation is very diverse as you will see in our matriculation list.
- Eagle Hill is pioneering a cutting-edge program with Dr. Ratey, the author of "Spark" which will revolutionize the way we incorporate exercise and education to further enhance our students' cognitive abilities.
- Our five-week summer camp for students ages 10-18 provides intensive academic skill development, a wide variety of afternoon elective courses such as woodworking, swimming, and graphic arts as well as evening clubs such as horseback riding, fishing, photography, and art club. Click here to learn more about our summer program.
- LD types supported: Dyslexia, Language-Based Learning Disability, ADD, ADHD, NLD
- Eagle Hill School accreditations: NEASC, TABS, NAIS, AISNE
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Frank P. Cochrane ‘70 - President, Investment Timing Consultants, Inc.
- Gurdon (Stan )Wattles '75 - Former Formula 1, Indy Car and International Sports Cars Driver Founder of Metro Racing Systems and GSW Enterprises, LLC Current Board Member: National Center for Learning Disabilities
- Patrick Taylor McQuown '89 - Inventor, Entrepreneur and Co-founder and President, Proteus Director of Entrepreneurship, James Madison University Two-time Technology and Engineering Emmy Award winner MIT TR 100; granted 2004; MIT Technology Review Magazine's Top 100 people under 35
- Max Silver '06 - Entrepreneur and Founder, Vertical Groove Golf
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Eagle Hill School cost?
Eagle Hill School's tuition is approximately $84,450 for boarding students and $60,500 for day students.
What is the acceptance rate of Eagle Hill School?
The acceptance rate of Eagle Hill School is 23%, which is lower than the boarding school average of 58%. Eagle Hill School's acceptance rate is ranked as one of the top boarding schools with low acceptance rates.
Who are famous alumni from Eagle Hill School?
Eagle Hill School famous alumni include: Frank P. Cochrane ‘70, Gurdon (Stan )Wattles '75, Patrick Taylor McQuown '89 and Max Silver '06.
What sports does Eagle Hill School offer?
Eagle Hill School offers 14 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Squash, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball and Wrestling.
Does Eagle Hill School offer a summer program?
Yes, Eagle Hill School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What is Eagle Hill School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Eagle Hill School?
The application deadline for Eagle Hill School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2014
Class of 2003