Eagle Hill School
5.00 (2 reviews)
P.O. Box 116 , 242 Old Petersham Road, Hardwick, MA 01037
- Eagle Hill School believes in learning diversity, not disability, discarding notions of boxes and limits and empowering students with self-knowledge, self-confidence, and self-advocacy skills.
- With innovation, tenacity, and trust, faculty not only teach students; they reach students, who learn to use their strengths to compensate for weaknesses and triumph over their past.
- In this immersive boarding school environment, Eagle Hill helps students achieve far more than they thought possible-from high school graduation to preparation for college and a fulfilling future. Eagle Hill School is a co-educational college preparatory boarding school that provides an individualized education for students diagnosed with learning (dis)abilities including Dyslexia and Dysgraphia and ADD (inattentive type).
- Eagle Hill School is an authorized IB World School offering the IB Diploma Programme.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Dean College What makes EHS different is the faculty and staff, because they are all like family to the students. They have all seen us through the best and worst of our days and have never given. . .
- Hofstra University The Eagle Hill School in Hardwick, MA, is an institution that that stands out among the rest. The faculty at EHS provide their students with the attention and patience that most schools do not or. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Eagle Hill School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||210 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||220 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||21||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(khaki pants or skirt, button down collared shirts, skirts, )
|Average Class Size||6 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||10||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$5 million||$17 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$50,000||$22,700|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Mr. Dana Harbert|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Mrs. Gale Young|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||10||17|
|Courses||Eagle Hill is an authorized IB World School offering the IB Diploma Programme., Rather than an AP course, students choose to do an Honors Project supervised by a faculty member from the appropriate department.|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||13||14|
|Sports||Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||52||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Adopt a Grandparent Club, Animation Club, Arts and Crafts Club, Chess Club, Classic Cinema Club, Community Service Club, Create Expressively with Unusual Materials, Design and Make Jewelry, Develop Critical Thinking, Donate and Develop a Sense of Responsibility, Electronics Club, Establish a relationship with the Elderly, Fencing, Freewheeling Musical Creativity, Gardening and Plant Care, Gay Straight Alliance (GSA), Go Club, Horticulture Club, Introduction to Russian Culture and Cooking, Jewelry Club, Karaoke Club, Learn How to Raise and Train a Puppy, Mindfulness, Mock Trail Club, Music Jam Club, Novel Club, Nutrition and Healthy Snacks, Paint Ball, Photo Yearbook Club, Puppy Playtime Club, Reading and Speaking, Red Cross Blood Club, Respect, Russian Club, Self Awarness, Self Discipline and Concentration, Snack Attack, Snow Shoe Club, Spend Time Exercising in the New England Woods, Sportsmanship, Take Photos for Publication, Teamwork, To Improve Cognitive Ability, To learn About and care for all Living Organisms, To Sing Different Genres of Music and Have Fun, To Write Scripts and Convert into Storyboards, Zoo Keepers Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Backstage Area and Equipment Functions, Music and Drama Departments Join Together for Two Full Scale Productions a Year, Stage Crew Club, Theatre Production
Recreational Athletic Programs:
|Year: 2005 - 2010||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Denver||6|
|Mount Holyoke College||4|
|Saint Michael's College||4|
|Worcester Polytechnic Institute||3|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- "A personalized education, a traditional prep-school experience" Founded in 1967, Eagle Hill School is the premier co-educational, college preparatory boarding school for students in grades 8-12 diagnosed with learning (dis)abilities and ADD. Eagle Hill provides a college preparatory school curriculum with individualized attention. Each student has a course of study designed for his specific needs.
- Our 200+ acre campus presents a serene and nurturing environment in which our students can focus on their academics and student life. Eagle Hill accepts motivated students with learning differences such who have average to above average cognitive abilities. Our students' profiles include children with a variety of language-based learning (dis)abilities such as Dyslexia, ADHD, Executive Functioning, Dysgraphia, and Dyscalculia.
- EHS boasts a 99% college matriculation rate to colleges and universities throughout the United States. Our average graduating class is 38. Our students' college matriculation is very diverse as you will see in our matriculation list.
- Eagle Hill is pioneering a cutting-edge program with Dr. Ratey, the author of "Spark" which will revolutionize the way we incorporate exercise and education to further enhance our students' cognitive abilities.
- Our five-week summer camp for students ages 10-18 provides intensive academic skill development, a wide variety of afternoon elective courses such as woodworking, swimming, and graphic arts as well as evening clubs such as horseback riding, fishing, photography, and art club. Click here to learn more about our summer program.
- LD types supported: Dyslexia, Language-Based Learning Disability, ADD, ADHD, NLD
- School accreditations: NEASC, TABS, NAIS, AISNE
- Submit Review for Eagle Hill School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
February 07, 2018
Because paying for boarding school involves so much money, it makes sense to look at all the options available to you.
January 12, 2018
December 22, 2017
Actually, there is no secret to getting your child into boarding school. Just a lot of hard work and a heavy commitment of time.