- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12, PG
- Enrollment: 240 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $85,900
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $70,200
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
blazer, khaki pants
(Summer 2022 Boarding Tuition - $9,500 Summer 2022 Day Tuition - $7,735)
- The Forman School is a coed, college preparatory boarding school for bright students in grades 9-PG, with diagnosed language-based learning differences, such as dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, executive functioning, ADD, ADHD.
- We employ state-of-the-art assistive technology that both supports and empowers our students.
- Each student works with specially trained teachers to study metacognitive skills, multisensory reading, thinking and writing, and executive function coaching// Tutors are available every evening for help with homework and reinforcement of learning skills and content from class.
- All Forman students are guided through a college preparatory curriculum and the school has a 100% college acceptance rate
- Our extensive visual/performing arts programs, as well as 26 competitive/non-competitive athletic offerings give students an opportunity to explore new and existing areas of interest.
- The School offers a number of hands-on, experiential learning opportunities such as travel/study Winterim program, boat building, sign language, rock & jazz band, videography & photography, and the Costa Rican Rain Forest project.
- Litchfield is a small, rural town located in the hills of northwestern Connecticut, two hours from New York and two and a half hours from Boston.
- Forman School accreditations: New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- J Seward Johnson II - Bronze Sculptor
- David Rublin - Member of the band American Authors
- Richard Henkels - Award-winning cinematographer
- Eli Gesner - One of the founding members of ZooYork.
- Mitchell Block - Academy Award winning producer and Academy Award nominated filmmaker
- Toni Fishman - Owner of Telefunken
- Shawn Lerner - Owner of Zip-Flyer, LLC, creator of the largest zipline in the world, Las Vegas Slotzilla
- Blake Miller - Professional lacrosse player
- Nicholas Kraus - Founder of Wounded Warrior project
- Leigh H. Perkins - Purchased The Orvis Co., Inc. in 1965 and built it into a significant presence.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Forman School cost?
Forman School's tuition is approximately $85,900 for boarding students and $70,200 for day students.
What is the acceptance rate of Forman School?
The acceptance rate of Forman School is 80%, which is higher than the boarding school average of 58%.
Who are famous alumni from Forman School?
Forman School famous alumni include: J Seward Johnson II, David Rublin, Richard Henkels, Eli Gesner, Mitchell Block, Toni Fishman, Shawn Lerner, Blake Miller, Nicholas Kraus and Leigh H. Perkins.
What sports does Forman School offer?
Forman School offers 22 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Kayaking, Lacrosse, Rock Climbing, Sailing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball and Wrestling.
Does Forman School offer a summer program?
Yes, Forman School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What is Forman School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Forman School?
The application deadline for Forman School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2015
Class of 2011
Class of 2006