Rumsey Hall School
Rumsey Hall School Photo #2 - 319 Students enrolled in the 2010-2011 School Year from 27 Local Communities, 20 States and 10 Countries. Lower School Grades: K-5 Upper School Grades: 6-9
Rumsey Hall School Photo #3 - Academic Curriculum includes English, Mathematics, Sciences, Foreign Language, Social Studies, The Arts, Music, and Computer Skills Programs. Honors courses for qualified students. English as a Second Language.
Rumsey Hall School Photo #4 - Comprehensive Varsity, Junior Varsity and Intramural Three Season Athletic Teams as well as ROA (Rumsey Outdoor Adventure) for boys and girls in grades 5-9
Rumsey Hall School Photo #5 - Comprehensive Girls' Athletics Program Fall Term Athletics: Varsity, Jr. Varsity and B Team Field Hockey, Varsity B Soccer, Jr. Soccer, Varsity Cross-Country, Varsity and Varsity B Volleyball, Rumsey Outdoor Adventure, Horseback Riding Winter Term Athletics: Varsity Girls' Ice Hockey, Varsity Girls' Basketball, Varsity B and Jr. Girls' Basketball, Varsity and Recreational Ski and Snowboarding, Instructional Volleyball and Tennis Spring Term Athletics: Varsity, Varsity B and Jr. Softball Teams, Varsity and Varsity B Tennis, Varsity Crew
Rumsey Hall School Photo #6 - Drama and Musical Arts: Plays, Musicals, Performing Vocal Groups (Clef Club, a cappella singing group)
Rumsey Hall School Photo #7 - The course offerings at Rumsey focus on discovery and self expression through media ranging from two-dimensional options, such as painting, drawing, and printmaking to three dimensional possibilities including clay, woodcarving and various forms of multi-media construction including technology through digital photography.
- Rumsey Hall School is committed to a whole child approach to education and believes that teaching academics and teaching an attitude of mind are of equal importance.
- The School emphasizes effort as a criterion for success and is dedicated to helping each child develop toward his or her maximum stature as an educated person, a successful member of a family and a contributing member of a community.
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Rumsey Hall School|
|School Focus||Junior Boarding School|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 5-9|
|Grades (Day)||Grades K-9|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||147 acres|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:5|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$11.9 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$16,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Benjamin R. Tuff|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||14 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Ice Hockey, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||4 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Community Service Club, Outing Program
Arts and Music Programs:
Diplomacy, Two Theater Productions/One Drama & One Musical
- Rumsey Hall School is committed to a whole child approach to education and believes that teaching academics and teaching an attitude of mind are of equal importance. The School emphasizes effort as a criterion for success and is dedicated to helping each child develop toward his or her maximum stature as an educated person, a successful member of a family and a contributing member of a community.
- LD types supported: Mild Learning Differences
- Rumsey Hall School accreditations: the Association of Boarding School (TABS)
- Submit Review for Rumsey Hall School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 3-9| 225 students 69.8 miles94 Old Main Street, PO Box 8
Deerfield, MA 01342
- Grades: 6-9| 239 students 20 miles211 Indian Mountain Road
Lakeville, CT 06039
- Grades: 7-9| 475 students 100.3 miles48 Main Street
Southborough, MA 01772
- Grades: 4-9 | 81 students 178.6 miles4382 Cascade Road
Lake Placid, NY 12946
Learn why more and more students are choosing to do a gap or post graduate (PG) year at boarding school.
The typical three-month-long summer break gives juniors and seniors a great opportunity to explore a variety of situations and options.
Learning about a school from its website and social media pages is useful as you decide which school to choose. So is hearing what the school's alumni say about their alma mater.