Rumsey Hall School
319 Students enrolled in the 2010-2011 School Year from 27 Local Communities, 20 States and 10 Countries.Lower School Grades: K-5 Upper School Grades: 6-9
Academic Curriculum includes English, Mathematics, Sciences, Foreign Language, Social Studies, The Arts, Music, and Computer Skills Programs. Honors courses for qualified students. English as a Second Language.
Comprehensive Varsity, Junior Varsity and Intramural Three Season Athletic Teams as well as ROA (Rumsey Outdoor Adventure) for boys and girls in grades 5-9
Comprehensive Girls' Athletics Program Fall Term Athletics: Varsity, Jr. Varsity and B Team Field Hockey, Varsity B Soccer, Jr. Soccer, Varsity Cross-Country, Varsity and Varsity B Volleyball, Rumsey Outdoor Adventure, Horseback RidingWinter Term Athletics: Varsity Girls' Ice Hockey, Varsity Girls' Basketball, Varsity B and Jr. Girls' Basketball, Varsity and Recreational Ski and Snowboarding, Instructional Volleyball and TennisSpring Term Athletics: Varsity, Varsity B and Jr. Softball Teams, Varsity and Varsity B Tennis, Varsity Crew
Drama and Musical Arts: Plays, Musicals, Performing Vocal Groups (Clef Club, a cappella singing group)
The course offerings at Rumsey focus on discovery and self expression through media ranging from two-dimensional options, such as painting, drawing, and printmaking to three dimensional possibilities including clay, woodcarving and various forms of multi-media construction including technology through digital photography.
- Rumsey Hall School is committed to a whole child approach to education and believes that teaching academics and teaching an attitude of mind are of equal importance.
- The School emphasizes effort as a criterion for success and is dedicated to helping each child develop toward his or her maximum stature as an educated person, a successful member of a family and a contributing member of a community.
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Rumsey Hall School|
|School Focus||Junior Boarding School|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 5-9|
|Grades (Day)||Grades K-9|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||147 acres|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:5|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$11 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$16,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Benjamin R. Tuff|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||14 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Ice Hockey, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||4 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Community Service Club, Monday Activity Clubs in Fall and Spring
Arts and Music Programs:
Individual Music Lessons, Two Theater Productions/One Drama & One Musical
- Rumsey Hall School is committed to a whole child approach to education and believes that teaching academics and teaching an attitude of mind are of equal importance. The School emphasizes effort as a criterion for success and is dedicated to helping each child develop toward his or her maximum stature as an educated person, a successful member of a family and a contributing member of a community.
- LD types supported: Mild Learning Differences
- School accreditations: the Association of Boarding School (TABS)
- Submit Review for Rumsey Hall School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 3-9| 220 students 69.8 miles94 Old Main Street, PO Box 8
Deerfield, MA 01342
- Grades: 6-9| 230 students 20 miles211 Indian Mountain Road
Lakeville, CT 06039
- Grades: 7-9| 475 students 100.4 miles48 Main Street
Southborough, MA 01772
- Grades: 4-9 | 65 students 178.6 miles4382 Cascade Road
Lake Placid, NY 12946
April 20, 2018
Actually, there is no secret to getting your child into boarding school. Just a lot of hard work and a heavy commitment of time.
March 22, 2018
Some cynics think single-sex education is old-fashioned. The Kiski School shows how educating boys in a single-sex school is successful.
March 08, 2018
The wide range of fine academic, athletic, and other facilities found in boarding schools underscores the determination of schools to provide the very best for their students.