Rumsey Hall School
- Grades: (Boarding) 5-9
- Enrollment: 328 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $69,870
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $32,000
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Monday is formal school dress
(International student fee is additional $7,500USD.)
(Tuition is lower for Pre-K through grade 2)
- Rumsey Hall is for the curious and the bold-the forward-movers-who seek honesty, kindness, and respect in all they do. Children in our co-educational junior boarding and day school for grades Pre-K through 9 are valued and celebrated for their unique gifts, learning styles, and innate character. Founded in 1900, we honor tradition; subsequently, we challenge ourselves and our students to grow without limit from the foundation of our deeply-rooted history. Our students serve each other and their community, find the courage to be themselves, and enjoy the intangible benefits of long lasting friendship and connection.
- With effort as our main criterion for success, teachers and leaders see every child as a `whole person`: a mind to fuel with proven and innovative academic instruction; a body to train with outdoor recreation and seasoned, competitive athletic program; a creative spirit to nurture through music, the arts, and innovation challenges and, a unique personality entitled to feelings, likes and dislikes who can both understand others and be understood. Our students-from the wonder-filled "Kindie" exploring Shepaug`s teeming on-campus riverbed to the "VIIth Former" (9th grader) confidently addressing the student body on the topic of DEIJ (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice)-are given the space to expand, fail, rebound, and THRIVE. The Rumsey community provides students with a broad base of support, giving students the assurance that they need to embrace new challenges. Bolstered by a dedicated network of teachers and family supporting them, Rumsey graduates go on to the secondary school realm equipped for success. From there, they go on to better the world!
- Located in Washington Depot, in the Litchfield Hills of Northwest Connecticut, our vibrant campus bustles with the energy of 328 students learning and living in 32 gleaming-white buildings on 231 acres along the scenic Bantam River. The artists-within find a place to beam creativity out in our fine arts and performing arts centers. Children from all over the globe find a sense of home-of family-in our nine dormitories. Athletes of all levels discover the benefits of perseverance and ambition in our seven athletic fields, two gymnasiums, hockey rink, indoor crew tanks/facility, and three indoor and three outdoor tennis courts.
- We can`t wait to meet you in person on our gem-of-a-campus in the hills. We`re excited to talk to you further about the many ways your child can be their best self-moving forward-at Rumsey Hall!
- Rumsey Hall School accreditations: CAIS, TABS, NAIS
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Rumsey Hall School cost?
Rumsey Hall School's tuition is approximately $69,870 for boarding students and $32,000 for day students.
What is the acceptance rate of Rumsey Hall School?
The acceptance rate of Rumsey Hall School is 80%, which is higher than the boarding school average of 58%.
What sports does Rumsey Hall School offer?
Rumsey Hall School offers 16 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country Running, Field Hockey, Football, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Volleyball and Wrestling.
What is Rumsey Hall School's ranking?
Rumsey Hall School ranks among the top 20 boarding schools for Low student:teacher ratio.
When is the application deadline for Rumsey Hall School?
The application deadline for Rumsey Hall School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).