Rumsey Hall School
Rumsey Hall School Photo #2 - 319 Students enrolled in the 2010-2011 School Year from 27 Local Communities, 20 States and 10 Countries. Lower School Grades: K-5 Upper School Grades: 6-9
Rumsey Hall School Photo #3 - Academic Curriculum includes English, Mathematics, Sciences, Foreign Language, Social Studies, The Arts, Music, and Computer Skills Programs. Honors courses for qualified students. English as a Second Language.
Rumsey Hall School Photo #4 - Comprehensive Varsity, Junior Varsity and Intramural Three Season Athletic Teams as well as ROA (Rumsey Outdoor Adventure) for boys and girls in grades 5-9
Rumsey Hall School Photo #5 - Comprehensive Girls' Athletics Program Fall Term Athletics: Varsity, Jr. Varsity and B Team Field Hockey, Varsity B Soccer, Jr. Soccer, Varsity Cross-Country, Varsity and Varsity B Volleyball, Rumsey Outdoor Adventure, Horseback Riding Winter Term Athletics: Varsity Girls' Ice Hockey, Varsity Girls' Basketball, Varsity B and Jr. Girls' Basketball, Varsity and Recreational Ski and Snowboarding, Instructional Volleyball and Tennis Spring Term Athletics: Varsity, Varsity B and Jr. Softball Teams, Varsity and Varsity B Tennis, Varsity Crew
Rumsey Hall School Photo #6 - Drama and Musical Arts: Plays, Musicals, Performing Vocal Groups (Clef Club, a cappella singing group)
Rumsey Hall School Photo #7 - The course offerings at Rumsey focus on discovery and self expression through media ranging from two-dimensional options, such as painting, drawing, and printmaking to three dimensional possibilities including clay, woodcarving and various forms of multi-media construction including technology through digital photography.
- Rumsey Hall School is committed to a whole child approach to education and believes that teaching academics and teaching an attitude of mind are of equal importance.
- The School emphasizes effort as a criterion for success and is dedicated to helping each child develop toward his or her maximum stature as an educated person, a successful member of a family and a contributing member of a community.
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Rumsey Hall School|
|School Focus||Junior Boarding School|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 5-9|
|Grades (Day)||Grades K-9|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||147 acres|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:5|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$11.9 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$16,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Benjamin R. Tuff|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||14 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Ice Hockey, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||4 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Community Service Club, Outing Program
Arts and Music Programs:
Diplomacy, Two Theater Productions/One Drama & One Musical
- Rumsey Hall School is committed to a whole child approach to education and believes that teaching academics and teaching an attitude of mind are of equal importance. The School emphasizes effort as a criterion for success and is dedicated to helping each child develop toward his or her maximum stature as an educated person, a successful member of a family and a contributing member of a community.
- LD types supported: Mild Learning Differences
- Rumsey Hall School accreditations: the Association of Boarding School (TABS)
- Submit Review for Rumsey Hall School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 3-9| 225 students 69.8 miles94 Old Main Street, PO Box 8
Deerfield, MA 01342
- Grades: 5-9| 239 students 20 miles211 Indian Mountain Road
Lakeville, CT 06039
- Grades: 4-9 | 81 students 178.6 miles4382 Cascade Road
Lake Placid, NY 12946
- Grades: 7-9| 475 students 100.3 miles48 Main Street
Southborough, MA 01772
Learning about a school from its website and social media pages is useful as you decide which school to choose. So is hearing what the school's alumni say about their alma mater.
The typical three-month-long summer break gives juniors and seniors a great opportunity to explore a variety of situations and options.
Your graduates can do everything on their smartphones with one click. An alumni relations app will allow them to click a gift to their alma mater. More here.