Applewild School Photo #2 - Children quickly find their place in the Applewild community. In an environment of small classes and enthusiastic students and teachers, everyone at Applewild is known personally, as an individual with talents and strengths to celebrate.
Applewild School Photo #3 - Throughout the course of their career, Applewild Upper School students learn who they are as learners through our metacognitive approach. They practice and develop the key skills of planning, initiating, and executing their academic objectives.
Applewild School Photo #4 - Accelerated sections in math and science are available beginning in the seventh grade. All students are valued, nurtured, and known as the individual learners that they are.
Applewild School Photo #5 - Students in Upper School learn to manage their academics through nightly homework as well as longer-term projects. They learn self-advocacy skills in classes and at regularly scheduled extra help sessions.
Applewild School Photo #6 - Art, shop, band, chorus, and drama are just as essential to an Applewild education as math, social studies, science, and language arts. We recognize that the arts are an integral part of every child`s emotional and intellectual development, so we`ve created spaces where our students have the opportunity to actively create and express themselves.
Applewild School Photo #7 - Our arts and athletics programs are highlights of the student experience at Applewild. Beginning in the sixth grade, our students learn to play an instrument and perform with our Symphonic Band, Jazz Gems, and Jazz Band as part of our instrumental music program.
Applewild School Photo #8 - Students who are passionate athletes become leaders and mentors for those trying a sport for the first time in our athletics program. There is great pride and fun putting on that green-and-white uniform and playing for the Hawks!
Applewild School Photo #9 - Families searching for the right combination of academic programs and school culture know the inherent value in finding "the right fit" for their son or daughter. These families can search far and wide to find the school that will best support their sons and daughters and for many, Applewild School is that magical "fit."
Applewild School Photo #10 - The Applewild curriculum prepares students to excel in secondary school. Our students often become leaders in the arts and in extracurricular activities at the secondary schools to which they matriculate, as well as stellar students. We teach students in a traditional setting that provides them with the time-management, organizational, and personal skills necessary for success.
- Founded in 1957, Applewild School is an independent, coed junior boarding (5-8) and day school (PS-8).
- Located one hour outside of Boston, Applewild students enjoy access to New England's finest landmarks and attractions.
- Applewild has educated students from around the world for over a decade, with a vibrant liberal arts curriculum, thoughtful English Language Learning program, robust athletics and arts offerings, and excellent secondary school placement.
- Our Core Values of Respect, Fairness, Responsibility, Compassion, Cooperation, Honesty, and Civic-Mindedness are the foundation of our community and curriculum.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|Applewild School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||5-9||5-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-9||Pre-K-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||26 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||275 students||313 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Stacey Low|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||7||16|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country Running, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Track, Track and Field|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Located at the top of the hill, adjacent to our athletic fields and neighboring conservation lands, our Flat Rock Dormitory houses 16 boys and girls, plus three dorm parents. With a long tradition of faculty housing on campus, we understand the importance of multiple points of contact: our dorm parents will not only care for and attend to our boarding students during evenings and on weekends, but they will be involved in daily campus life as tutors, coaches, and teachers. Knowing our students well helps us to support them in all of their endeavors-academic, athletic, and social.
- LD types supported: dyslexia, disgraphia, discalculia, executive function
- Applewild School accreditations: AISNE, NAIS, SBSA
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Applewild School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 4-9 | 165 students 19.5 miles404 Robin Hill Street
Marlborough, MA 01752
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
We explore the reasons why you should send your child to boarding school
The International Baccalaureate® Diploma Programme offers a rigorous, disciplined approach to college preparation studies. We answer common questions about the IB.