Applewild School Photo #2 - Students in Upper School learn to manage their academics through nightly homework as well as longer-term projects. They learn self-advocacy skills in classes and at regularly scheduled extra help sessions.
Applewild School Photo #3 - Children quickly find their place in the Applewild community. In an environment of small classes and enthusiastic students and teachers, everyone at Applewild is known personally, as an individual with talents and strengths to celebrate.
Applewild School Photo #4 - Throughout the course of their career, Applewild Upper School students learn who they are as learners through our metacognitive approach. They practice and develop the key skills of planning, initiating, and executing their academic objectives.
Applewild School Photo #5 - Accelerated sections in math and science are available beginning in the seventh grade. All students are valued, nurtured, and known as the individual learners that they are.
Applewild School Photo #6 - Art, shop, band, chorus, and drama are just as essential to an Applewild education as math, social studies, science, and language arts. We recognize that the arts are an integral part of every child`s emotional and intellectual development, so we`ve created spaces where our students have the opportunity to actively create and express themselves.
Applewild School Photo #7 - Our arts and athletics programs are highlights of the student experience at Applewild. Beginning in the sixth grade, our students learn to play an instrument and perform with our Symphonic Band, Jazz Gems, and Jazz Band as part of our instrumental music program.
Applewild School Photo #8 - Students who are passionate athletes become leaders and mentors for those trying a sport for the first time in our athletics program. There is great pride and fun putting on that green-and-white uniform and playing for the Hawks!
Applewild School Photo #9 - Families searching for the right combination of academic programs and school culture know the inherent value in finding "the right fit" for their son or daughter. These families can search far and wide to find the school that will best support their sons and daughters and for many, Applewild School is that magical "fit."
Applewild School Photo #10 - The Applewild curriculum prepares students to excel in secondary school. Our students often become leaders in the arts and in extracurricular activities at the secondary schools to which they matriculate, as well as stellar students. We teach students in a traditional setting that provides them with the time-management, organizational, and personal skills necessary for success.
Founded in 1957, Applewild School is an independent, coed junior boarding (4-9) and day school (PS-9).
Located one hour outside of Boston, Applewild students enjoy access to New England's finest landmarks and attractions.
Applewild has educated students from around the world for over a decade, with a vibrant liberal arts curriculum, thoughtful English Language Learning program, robust athletics and arts offerings, and excellent secondary school placement.
Our Core Values of Respect, Fairness, Responsibility, Compassion, Cooperation, Honesty, and Civic-Mindedness are the foundation of our community and curriculum.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: (Boarding) 4-9
- Enrollment: 330 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $57,160
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $23,500
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 15 / Feb. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Definition of Terms | 2022 School Data
Boarding School Avg.
Grades Offered (Boarding)
Grades Offered (Day)
Supports Learning Differences (LD)
% Students of Color
% International Students
% Students Boarding
Offers Post-Grad Year
Academics and Faculty
Classroom Dress Code
Average Class Size
* National Avg. »18
Student : Teacher Ratio
ESL Courses Offered
Summer Program Offered
(5 Day Boarding)
(5 Day Boarding)
Merit Scholarships Offered
Dec. 15 / Feb. 1 / rolling
Director of Admissions
Associate Director of Admissions
# Interscholastic Sports Offered
10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)
- Located at the top of the hill, adjacent to our athletic fields and neighboring conservation lands, our Flat Rock Dormitory houses 16 boys and girls, plus three dorm parents. With a long tradition of faculty housing on campus, we understand the importance of multiple points of contact: our dorm parents will not only care for and attend to our boarding students during evenings and on weekends, but they will be involved in daily campus life as tutors, coaches, and teachers. Knowing our students well helps us to support them in all of their endeavors-academic, athletic, and social.
- Foundations at Applewild is a private school for creative and intelligent students diagnosed with Language-Based Learning Disabilities in grades 2 through 8. Five or Seven-day Junior boarding is available for grades 5-8. Located one hour outside of Boston, Foundations is co-located with Applewild School on a safe, convenient, and beautiful suburban campus. Foundations attracts students who would benefit from our therapeutic and prescriptive approach to addressing LBLDs within a vibrant liberal arts curriculum. Our Core Values of Respect, Fairness, Responsibility, Compassion, Cooperation, Honesty, and Civic-Mindedness are the foundation of our community and curriculum.
- LD types supported: Dyslexia / Language-based or Mild Learning Differences
- Applewild School accreditations: AISNE, NAIS, SBSA, TABS
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Applewild School cost?
Applewild School's tuition is approximately $57,160 for boarding students and $23,500 for day students.
What sports does Applewild School offer?
Applewild School offers 7 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cross Country Running, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Track and Track and Field.
When is the application deadline for Applewild School?
The application deadline for Applewild School is Dec. 15 / Feb. 1 / rolling (applications are due on Dec. 15 / Feb. 1 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Mastering the Boarding School Selection Process: A 5-Step Guide
Discover the ultimate 5-step guide to choosing the perfect boarding school for your child. Explore essential factors, such as academics, campus facilities, extracurricular activities, and more. Make an informed decision to provide your child with an enriching and transformative educational experience. Read now!
5 Founders and Their Boarding Schools
What prompts somebody to start a boarding school? The motives range from idealism to munificence right on through to capitalism. The common thread seems to be ample capital and a vision of what education can do.
April 24, 2023Top 5 Reasons To Study Dance At A Boarding School
From meeting world-renowned guest artists to balancing busy rehearsal schedules, students share how boarding school is preparing them to dance professionally.