- Established in 1891 with a long-standing reputation both nationally and internationally, Ashbury College is a leading coeducational IB World boarding school located in the heart of Canada`s capital city, Ottawa.
- Ashbury students have access to all the resources and multicultural elements that this capital city offers, in a safe and pristine environment.
- With an average class size of 17, this university preparatory school offers 100% university placement with 83% of students gaining access to their first choice university.
- National award-winning teachers help Ashbury students reach their potential both academically and athletically.
- Come and see for yourself -- the world starts here!.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Elon university Ashbury college offers a wide variety of beneficial teaching methods that differs from class to class, and always encourages students to pursue an international baccalaureate degree. They provide the right resources that the students need. . .
- Western University One of the best aspects that I found with my experience at Ashbury was the fact that you had to take a mandatory amount of extra-curricular activities. At the beginning I was a bit worried. . .
- University of British Columbia 1. Unique campus set up, a good blend of both academic life and dorm life 2. Programs to encourage volunteer work as well as involvement programs for dorm residents. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 9-12|
|Grades (Day)||Grades 4-12|
|Campus Size||13 acres|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||30|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Endowment Size||$12 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$7,500|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Bruce Mutch|
Louise Paoli Di Prisco
|Associate Director of Admissions||Barbara Saville|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||29 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Fencing, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Ice Hockey, Nordic Skiing, Orienteering, Paddle Tennis, Rock Climbing, Rugby, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Winter Track, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||15 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Aikido, Debate Club, Drama Club, Knitting, Robotics, Spanish, World Affairs
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Green Police, Musical theatre, Puzzlemaniacs
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Badminton Club, Lacrosse, Tennis, Yoga
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Located on 13 acres in the heart of Canada`s beautiful capital city of Ottawa, Ashbury College is a coeducational independent school for day and boarding students. We have 540 students in Grades 9 through 12 including 108 boarders from over 30 countries, and 175 students in our Junior School which serves Grades 4 to 8. An IB World School since 1976, Ashbury College is known for its academic excellence, with 100% university placement, 83% of graduates being accepted into the university of their first choice. Our core values are academic excellence, caring community, ethical and spiritual development, personal growth and international engagement. We pride ourselves on our small class sizes, award-winning athletic and performing arts programs and over 70 co-curricular activities offered by our dedicated faculty. Community involvement is an essential element of an Ashbury College education, complementing our innovative academic curriculum. Key Facts: Student/teacher ratio 9:1, average class size 17, maximum class size 20, 15% of students receive financial assistance, coeducational since 1982, first International Baccalaureate High School in Canada, enrollment capped at 685 students (515 in Grades 912, 170 in Grades 48), includes 100 boarders, 47 countries represented. Employees: 120 faculty and staff combined. Founded Peace Camp Canada, 2003. Founded Forum for Young Canadians, 1975. Established 1891, moved to present campus 1910. Ashbury campus open to neighbours and community, hosting provincial sporting events, charity functions, diplomatic community events, national conferences, guest speakers. Distinguished alumni include a former Prime Minister, former leader of Her`s Majesty`s Loyal Opposition, a Nobel Prize winner, a national radio host and distinguished community leaders. Ottawa boasts all the benefits of a major capital city without losing its small-town feel. Ottawa is home to two universities, two community colleges, Canada`s Parliament, renowned green spaces in Gatineau Park and the UNESCO World Heritage Rideau Canal,a National Hockey League franchise and a Canadian Football League franchise, countless theatre companies, galleries and year-round festivals. Our diplomatic community infuses internationalism into our bilingual city and our prosperous business sector-from advanced technology, to government, research and development, health, education and trades-contributes to the local economy and markets all around the world. Website: ashbury.ca Telephone: +1.613.749.5954 Fax: +1.613.749.9724 Address: 362 Mariposa Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1M 0T3 Email: email@example.com
- Ashbury College accreditations: TABS, CAIS, CIS, IB, NAIS, Round Square
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Ashbury College
- School Location Miles Grades Students
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
Here then are a dozen boarding schools which charge approximately $20,000 per year or less for tuition, room and board.
You and I have experienced all kinds of travel glitches. Discuss your child's upcoming travel plans thoroughly so that your child will be safe and in charge of her travel. The result will be peace of mind for you both.