5.00 (5 reviews)
2 Ridley Road
St Catharines l2r 7c3, Canada
St Catharines l2r 7c3, Canada
Ridley College Photo #2 - Students experience hands-on learning in the Biology, Chemistry and Physics labs. Extracting glowing DNA from a jellyfish, measuring lung capacity or building a working knee joint are all possibilities in Ridley College classrooms. Lab experiments prepare students for university.
Ridley College Photo #3 - Cozy up by the fire in the Anderson reading room. Conduct research or meet in one of the private rooms to work on a group project.
Ridley College Photo #4 - Imagine living with friends from all over the world. Twitter scavenger hunts, pizza parties, house competitions, there is always something going on in one of Ridley College's ten boarding houses. Will you be a Leonard Ladybug or a Dean's Knight? There are five boys houses, four girls houses and one junior boarding house on campus.
Ridley College Photo #5 - We have spirit, yes we do! We have spirit, how 'bout you? Deep in the heart of the Ridley jungle you can hear the Tigers rumble...at Ridley College we have lots of school spirit! A sea of orange and black can be seen at almost any sporting event or spirit day!
Ridley College Photo #6 - Have you ever designed and built a set? Or taken centre stage in a musical production? Each year Ridley College puts on two productions. A dramatic production in the fall and a musical in the winter. The Crucible, Little Shop of Horrors, and Once Upon a Mattress are just a few of the many shows Ridley has produced.
Ridley College Photo #7 - Ridley College is located on a 90 acre campus. See the leaves change colour, snow falling and beautiful sunshine throughout your school year at Ridley College. Students from over 40 countries call Ridley home.
Ridley College Photo #8 - Program a robot in the VEX Robotics lab or head upstairs to experience perfect lighting in the art studio - the ideal spot to create your next masterpiece!
Ridley College Photo #9 - Our NHL size arena can accommodate 700 fans! Improve your skating skills, warm up and cool down for games in the adjacent fieldhouse.
- Ridley College was founded in 1889 and became co-educational in 1973.
- Largest boarding programme in Ontario, Canada Canada's only co-educational IB continuum boarding and day school
- Distinguished university placement 14 different athletic teams, and over 75 clubs and activites
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Sheridan College It had a great sense of community on my first day I felt right at home. Everyone was really welcoming the teachers set out to make sure that we were all well included. The dorms. . .
- Trinity For me, it was a great experience as a result of a combination of good teachers,mentors and athletics. I graduated 50 years ago and return at least every five years for a class reunion. there. . .
- University of Southern California Ridley college for the most part was quite similar to most Canadian boarding schools. It did however set itself apart with its extremely diverse community, far more than any other boarding schools i've heard of. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 5-12, PG|
|Grades (Day)||Grades Pre-K-12, PG|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||90 acres|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:9|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||22|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$24.5 million|
(*Upper School Tuition)
|Tuition international students||$65,700|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$19,631|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes|
|Director of Admissions||Ms. Julie A. Cameron|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||15 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Gymnastics, Ice Hockey, Rugby, Soccer, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||28 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Admissions Assistants, Adopt a Grandparent Club, Establish a relationship with the Elderly, Alzheimer's Society, Amnesty International Club, Art in Public Spaces, Athletic Therapy Assistants, Blacksmithing, Cadet Band, Cappies, Choir, Debate Club, Duke of Edinburgh Award, Entrepreneurial Club, Gender Equity, Golf team, Intramural teams, Play Production, Pond Hockey, Red Cross Blood Club, Donate and Develop a Sense of Responsibility, School Reach, String Ensemble, Tiger Tribune Newspaper, VEX Robotics, Yearbook|
Club or Organization:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- "World Prep" is what you find here: an education, programme, and faculty that are born of the new world yet built on our classical roots to offer students a forward-looking and rigorous university preparatory education relevant to the most selective college and universities around the globe. Beyond the academic program is a diverse extracurricular activity programme in the arts, athletics, leadership and, most importantly, service. Ridley College holds close to its motto, Terar Dum Prosim, or "May I be consumed in service." Opportunities for students include 15 interscholastic sports and over 75 student clubs and organizations. The many student clubs available include newspaper, chapel servers, pilot ground school, fencing, powerboat licensing, skeet shooting, art curators and many more. Finally, a number of leadership opportunities exist for students to pursue, both within the clubs but also leadership in the houses and School Prefects. Ridley`s historic campus is located 45 minutes from the Toronto Airport and sits near Lake Ontario, a few minutes from Niagara Falls. With over 375 boarders from over 60 countries, Ridley is Ontario`s largest boarding programme and the second largest in Canada. The campus is 90 acres with the newest facilities, including a new athletic complex opened in 2010, ten residential houses for boarding students, playing fields, labs, two theatres and modern classrooms with the latest technology. We welcome the opportunity to host you on campus and assist you in discovering the legacy of a Ridley education. Lace up your skates and enjoy our state-of-the-art rink. If theatre is what you love, we offer two robust plays per year. Try your hand at the controls of our robot in the new Robotics Lab. Go to Biology class and check out our work with DNA. Attend a House meeting and meet potential friends from across the globe. Talk to our university placement experts. Take a tour. Picture yourself here. For now, join us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @Ridley_College and to get some insight to get you started, visit us at www.ridleycollege.com or email us at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you and introducing you to this legacy that could be yours.
- LD types supported: Yes
- Ridley College accreditations: IB CAIS/CESI CIS NAIS TABS Ontario Ministry of Education
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- David Dodge - Former Governor of the Bank of Canada
- Colm Feore - Actor
- Sam McGlone - Canadian Triathlete
- Raine Maida - Musician
- Peter Gzowski - Journalist
- Michael Sabia - Former CEO and President of Bell Canada (BCE)
- John Crossingham - Musician
- Sophie & Katherine Kallinis - Owners and reality TV stars of DC Cupcakes
- Bruce Croxon - 'Dragon' on CBC's Dragons' Den - Co-founder of Lavalife
- Nicholas Paine - Co-founder of Lavalife
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Ridley College
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 8-12| 1000 students 2123.7 miles3400 Richmond Road
Victoria, Canada V8P 4P5
Social media is an essential part of a boarding school's marketing strategy
Parents considering schools should read New York Times columnist Frank Bruni's book about college admissions entitled Where You Go Is Not Who You Will Be: An Antidote to the College Admissions Mania. Much of what he says applies in the private K-12 world.
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.