5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (905) 684-1889
2 Ridley Road
St Catharines l2r 7c3, Canada
St Catharines l2r 7c3, Canada
Ridley College Photo #2 - Students experience hands-on learning in the Biology, Chemistry and Physics labs. Extracting glowing DNA from a jellyfish, measuring lung capacity or building a working knee joint are all possibilities in Ridley College classrooms. Lab experiments prepare students for university.
Ridley College Photo #3 - Cozy up by the fire in the Anderson reading room. Conduct research or meet in one of the private rooms to work on a group project.
Ridley College Photo #4 - Imagine living with friends from all over the world. Twitter scavenger hunts, pizza parties, house competitions, there is always something going on in one of Ridley College's ten boarding houses. Will you be a Leonard Ladybug or a Dean's Knight? There are five boys houses, four girls houses and one junior boarding house on campus.
Ridley College Photo #5 - We have spirit, yes we do! We have spirit, how 'bout you? Deep in the heart of the Ridley jungle you can hear the Tigers rumble...at Ridley College we have lots of school spirit! A sea of orange and black can be seen at almost any sporting event or spirit day!
Ridley College Photo #6 - Have you ever designed and built a set? Or taken centre stage in a musical production? Each year Ridley College puts on two productions. A dramatic production in the fall and a musical in the winter. The Crucible, Little Shop of Horrors, and Once Upon a Mattress are just a few of the many shows Ridley has produced.
Ridley College Photo #7 - Ridley College is located on a 90 acre campus. See the leaves change colour, snow falling and beautiful sunshine throughout your school year at Ridley College. Students from over 40 countries call Ridley home.
Ridley College Photo #8 - Program a robot in the VEX Robotics lab or head upstairs to experience perfect lighting in the art studio - the ideal spot to create your next masterpiece!
Ridley College Photo #9 - Our NHL size arena can accommodate 700 fans! Improve your skating skills, warm up and cool down for games in the adjacent fieldhouse.
Ridley College was founded in 1889 and became co-educational in 1973.
Largest boarding programme in Ontario, Canada Canada's only co-educational IB continuum boarding and day school
Distinguished university placement 14 different athletic teams, and over 75 clubs and activites
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Sheridan College It had a great sense of community on my first day I felt right at home. Everyone was really welcoming the teachers set out to make sure that we were all well included. The dorms. . .
- Trinity For me, it was a great experience as a result of a combination of good teachers,mentors and athletics. I graduated 50 years ago and return at least every five years for a class reunion. there. . .
- University of Southern California Ridley college for the most part was quite similar to most Canadian boarding schools. It did however set itself apart with its extremely diverse community, far more than any other boarding schools i've heard of. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2020 School Data
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 5-12|
|Grades (Day)||Grades Pre-K-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||90 acres|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||24|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
(*Upper School Tuition)
|Tuition international students||$72,250|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes|
|Director of Admissions||Ms. Julie Cameron|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||16 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Golf, Gymnastics, Ice Hockey, Rugby, Soccer, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||19 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Admissions Assistants, Amnesty International Club, Art in Public Spaces, Athletic Therapy Assistants, Cadet Band, Cappies, Choir, Debate Club, Duke of Edinburgh Award, Entrepreneurial Club, Gender Equity, Golf team, Intramural teams, Play Production, School Reach, String Ensemble, Tiger Tribune Newspaper, VEX Robotics, Yearbook|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Ridley College is a co-educational boarding and day school located on a beautiful 90-acre campus in St. Catharines, Ontario. Students in JK through grade 12 are engaged in an energetic, challenging, and forward-thinking academic programme, as well as a diverse extracurricular programme in the arts, athletics, leadership, and community service.
- Ridley is one of only three IB continuum boarding schools in North America and also offers the Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
- With over 320 boarders from 50+ countries, Ridley has the largest boarding programme in Ontario and boasts a traditional house system, integrating both boarding and day students into ten houses on campus. In this way, Ridley provides all students with a perfect balance of global cultures and a uniquely Canadian experience.
- LD types supported: Yes
- Ridley College accreditations: IB CAIS/CESI CIS NAIS TABS Ontario Ministry of Education
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- David Dodge - Former Governor of the Bank of Canada
- Colm Feore - Actor
- Sam McGlone - Canadian Triathlete
- Raine Maida - Musician
- Peter Gzowski - Journalist
- Michael Sabia - Former CEO and President of Bell Canada (BCE)
- John Crossingham - Musician
- Sophie & Katherine Kallinis - Owners and reality TV stars of DC Cupcakes
- Bruce Croxon - 'Dragon' on CBC's Dragons' Den - Co-founder of Lavalife
- Nicholas Paine - Co-founder of Lavalife
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Ridley College
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Families who live outside the United States and who are not American citizens or Permanent Residents have to deal with a couple of additional steps when thinking of sending their children to an American boarding school.
Determining which programs are 'must haves' is an important part of choosing the right boarding school for your child.
Are you wondering whether boarding school is right for your child? Answer these five questions and you will be better able to determine whether it is.